[3.12] Hexblast IGNITE Trickster | Laser from the Sky, Chaos Ignites! | Hybrid or CI.

I'm wondering if these gloves are a good upgrade

it has flat fire dmg on burning enemies. Unfortunately PoB doesnt take into account. It rather says I would lose 50% ignite damage if I swap them with my current gloves which have no dmg mods at all..
Last edited by Swagger_tron on Sep 23, 2020, 2:11:30 PM
"
Swagger_tron wrote:

it has flat fire dmg on burning enemys. Unfortunately PoB doesnt take into account. It rather says I would lose 50% ignite damage if I swap them with my current gloves which have no dmg mods at all..

You don't want any flat fire damage like that because it will mess up your elemental equilibrium
"
filthdog wrote:
"
Swagger_tron wrote:

it has flat fire dmg on burning enemys. Unfortunately PoB doesnt take into account. It rather says I would lose 50% ignite damage if I swap them with my current gloves which have no dmg mods at all..

You don't want any flat fire damage like that because it will mess up your elemental equilibrium

Are you sure? Afaik flat fire damage to SPELLS would mess up EQ, but in this case the enemies have already been hit by flamm + hexblast, are ignited and burn. So the stats on glove would increase burning damage through +fire damage.

btw. I use a jewel to apply cold spell damage to my spells.
mhh.. not sure. :/
"
Swagger_tron wrote:

Are you sure? Afaik flat fire damage to SPELLS would mess up EQ, but in this case the enemies have already been hit by flamm + hexblast, are ignited and burn. So the stats on glove would increase burning damage through +fire damage.

That flat added fire damage means to spells and attacks on burning enemies. Only % fire/elemental damage would increased the ignite. PoB is showing you a loss in damage because EE would then raise fire resist.
"
DixuMixu wrote:
"
Tancasaur wrote:
"
Firstly, you should fix your gear. Wand does nothing to ignite damage.
Then your Hexblast links, you should be using Added Chaos damage, Hypothermia is worse. Awakened Added Chaos also gives +1 Chaos gem level at lvl 5. Swift Affliction is also worse than Burning Damage.
Next, get 1 or 2 fire DoT medium clusters, Blowback and Wasting Affliction are the notables to look for.
Arcane Surge does nothing for ignite damage.

Yeah, my gear isn't perfect but it should be more than good enough. My wand gives + to spells and has lightning damage which I need in order to proc EE. It could be better, but I'm not going to spend 2 ex on a fire damage wand for this build since it would only marginally increase the damage.

Neither am I going to be able to get a level 5 awakened added chaos right now, like what? Hypothermia may be slightly worse than added chaos but I'm not sure how you can definitively say that since we can't really even pob it right now. Either way I doubt it's a super substantial difference. I'm not using burning damage due to link colors too, swift affliction is a bit worse but isn't breaking my builds damage by any means.

Most importantly getting a shit ton of cluster jewels ups my damage slightly while absolutely 100% killing any survivability, which this build already struggles to get. If I take full clusters I sit around 4k hp and 1k ES or so, making you literally die to Drox auto attacks in a t16 map. Similarly your damage hardly even gets better, it still takes many minutes to kill the boss. I tried this and opted to go for a tankier setup since the damage was shit either way, cluster jewels and ignite damage jewels did not suddenly make the build able to kill bosses.

Also arcane surge gives cast speed which is incredibly useful since this build is already clunky as all hell.

"
People should just follow the guides, you can also check my character for ideas

You're level 85 on your character with worse gear, are you even doing red maps? Have you even killed any t14+ conquerers or sirus yet?

Added Chaos Damage should be strongest gem because of how much damage multiplier Hexblast gets

how does this help ignite though? curious
"
Jolo0213 wrote:
"
Swagger_tron wrote:

That flat added fire damage means to spells and attacks on burning enemies. Only % fire/elemental damage would increased the ignite. PoB is showing you a loss in damage because EE would then raise fire resist.

Alright! I got it now! thank you guys for responding
"
AlpacaSmacka wrote:
How come we don't run Fire pen support anywhere in this build? Wouldn't that help out our ignite dmg?

Fire pen only works for hits
"
SuckLord3000 wrote:

how does this help ignite though? curious

More damage = bigger ignite. Flat damage increases ignite and I think increased chaos damage mods increase our ignite as well. Awakened added chaos also gives +1 to chaos gems

And as I said earier, Hexblast has massive more multiplier (which gets even higher with alt quality Flammability + Enhance), so flat damage should be very good. For same reason Facebreaker builds want to stack flat physical damage, because of Facebreaker more multiplier

Or maybe I'm wrong and ignite scales only from skill default stats....
Last edited by DixuMixu on Sep 23, 2020, 3:18:34 PM
What's the consensus on Eye of Malice? Worth it?

Edit: I ended up swapping Onslaught on Impending Doom to Chance to Flee, no memes. It actually is pretty amazing, helps with clear and CCing monsters. Rares/magic monsters that happen to survive run into other things, stop attacking you, etc. Not annoying, since we're a one hit per pack kinda build. Highly recommend.
Last edited by Renley8 on Sep 23, 2020, 6:47:23 PM
Well currently running a version of this build. I just started mapping yesterday. Only into T3 maps. Spent about 12C that I scraped together for some gear and found a tabula on my own. The only expensive thing I bought was the witchfire brew. Right now it feels pretty good. I am concerned about getting the damage to scale up enough though.

I will say that the Razor of the Seventh Son has been pretty good. I am thinking of using a pyre ring though so I can pop corpses as they die so I don't have to deal with shenanigans from corpses being used against me. Not sure if the Pyre will work or not. If not I'll stick with Herald of Ice as it does an OK job. The issue is that the anything hit my the hexblast tends to get frozen and breaks, but anything that dies to the ignite proliferation afterwards doesn't pop. I guess I could use Void Sphere every so often, but if I can make it automatic that would be better.

Oh and either Herald of Ice or Thunder work great for the build as it adds flat initial damage to make the ignites better as well as provide the alternate elemental damage source on the blast to make ignite get the EE boost.

I am thinking of using an Impresence of Despair, or a Solstice Vigil in the future though. Run around with that Blasphemed. The Despair impresence is pretty expensive this league though and the solstice vigil isn't much cheaper.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info