[3.12] Hexblast IGNITE Trickster | Laser from the Sky, Chaos Ignites! | Hybrid or CI.

F
"
gkp123 wrote:
I'm really curious how this will play out with doomsday. It seems like having to wait a second for doom stacks seems like it could get really dangerous in red maps vs speccing for doom generation and just waiting for some stacks to build.

there's 3 ways this plays with doomsday.

1 - yo udont even curse, you just use hexblast to ignite and spread ignite. This seems to work fine against white enemies, just fire once and forget about it, they'll die.

2 - you drop the curse, but dont wait for it to explode, just hex blast right away. This still does more damage because they're cursed.

3 - drop the curse, let it explode, then hexblast. This is a noticeable increase in damage and what i do against rares and bosses.

I'm only lvl 52, shit gear and a 4L. I'm not coming across any issues. It's a DoT build so it wont delete bosses from the screen, but it's a build that allows you to be very mobile so you can easily drop curse > doge mechanic(doomsday pops) > Hexblast for big ignite

According to my tooltip, i only have 42% chance to ignite but i hardly ever notice it not igniting.
Last edited by DotsandDashes on Sep 19, 2020, 8:18:32 AM
Loving this build so far, easily clearing act 7 and about to move to act 8. I have a question though.

How am i supposed to be applying EE? I noticed scorching ray totems aren't applying the "adds 'x'-x' cold damage to spells" mod i have on my wand. Do I just use frost bomb in boss fights first then totems/flamm/hexblast?

I just want to make sure i'mgetting the most damage I can. Any help is appreciated thanks!
Looks like COspri's will be the go to for this build? Hex Proof Mobs are a PITA!
"
AlpacaSmacka wrote:
Loving this build so far, easily clearing act 7 and about to move to act 8. I have a question though.

How am i supposed to be applying EE? I noticed scorching ray totems aren't applying the "adds 'x'-x' cold damage to spells" mod i have on my wand. Do I just use frost bomb in boss fights first then totems/flamm/hexblast?

I just want to make sure i'mgetting the most damage I can. Any help is appreciated thanks!

I'm not the most knowledgeable in this area but i beleive this is how it works..

Have add X-X element other than fire to spells on your gear somewhere. This will add that element to the initial hit of Hexblast, triggering EE.

I think if you have fire damage to spells somewhere it will screw up EE because hexblast will do fire damage, causing EE to boost the resistance, rather than reduce
"
AlpacaSmacka wrote:

Same way you Always do it. Make sure you have cold or lightning damage TO SPELLS on a part of your gear, and make sure you DO NOT have fire damage to spells on anything....
"
DotsandDashes wrote:
According to my tooltip, i only have 42% chance to ignite but i hardly ever notice it not igniting.

Need to look at stats screen or PoB for your actual ignite chance. You might have changed gems since, but Ignite/Elemental Prolif + Combustion alone is more. Add in Flammability (if used), and the various passives on on the tree and it should be almost if not over 100% depending on your level.

I'm at 89 atm at level 31 without flammability and still have some ignite chance passives to take + gem levels to get.
damn, already at 101 deaths and can't kill Brutus / Shavrone in Act 6. I litterally have no idea what's wrong with my build
"
Xentriques wrote:
damn, already at 101 deaths and can't kill Brutus / Shavrone in Act 6. I litterally have no idea what's wrong with my build

You haven't taken any of the fire DOT multi or ignite chance nodes. You need to get those so you do damage...
"
Xentriques wrote:

This is why you follow the guide xD

So far liking this build, EO and EE gave a huge damage boost, but that boost is less noticeable in last acts. Medium Fire DoT cluster jewel with faster ignite will be the next step for upgrade
Btw PoB fork had an update which added new gems :D

EDIT:
Just noticed you added a new link for curse, interesting. But I have one gripe, losing Increased AoE gem sucks. The curse area feels kinda small even with that gem, so I'm afraid to think how it is without it :(
Already got used to Faster Casting + Increased AoE, I like the idea with Onslaught though, could switch Faster Casting with Onslaught gem!

Btw, I just realized that Impending Doom + Increased Crit only works reliably on packs. For bosses Storm Brand + Increased Crit is much more realiable because Storm Brand hits fast
Last edited by DixuMixu on Sep 19, 2020, 12:23:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info