Path of Exile: Heist Balance Manifesto

DAm GGG you get worse each league so far.
Necro has been pronounced dead for .. what .. 5 leagues now ? When do ppl learn ..
"
Hemzokuken wrote:
Holy crap the community is full of whingers....

If you don't like the glancing blows change then don't pick up the passive?
You can still reach 50/40 block quite easily depending on your class and that's pure block.

Necro nerf was bound to happen...they are such a passive playstyle and this makes it so a lot of other options can be viable.

Smacking down A8 conq's in <1 second is fun right..

I'm all for balance and trying new things each league.

NOP ... you are reading it wrong ... I'll tell you what kill the necro .. never played necro, never cared for necro .. necro`s dmg has nothing to do with glancing blows, moving on,

NO GLANCING BLOWS(useless), NO CRAFTING(Harvest not going Core), NO SPELSLINGER(Leveling 8-10 times/league just became shit again especially if you play HC ) , NO ENDURING CRY (useless)
"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
CyrusBlackXXX wrote:
"
rip vd spellslinger

RIP SPELLSLINGER in general ... 30% are you mad? I was hard to use it with 20%... 30% is madness I belive not even with Helmet enchant is not good now ... that is what GGG does ... I don`t understand why they keep on fucking things up for the leveling process
@GGG WE HATE YOUR CAMPAIGN 8-10 TIMES / LEAGUE IS THAT NOT CLEAR ENOUGH???? WE HATE IT ok ?? add 30% more mana reserved after 4 links or something else that is stupid taking away the leveling process

A progression of 30% back to 20% as the gem was leveled up to 20 would have been fine. 30 to 25, doubt anyone will be able to use it for anything end game. An extra 5% base times all the support gem multipliers for each spell slung skill... is a killer, especially when spellslinger was only really used with skills that required skill combos to work.

Yeah spellslinger is kinda dead now.

It wasn't that good in end game to begin with due to pathetic bossing dps in general.
VD corpse explosion is not bad in clearing, but bossing there're other much MUCH stronger options, and now even that is dead.

Not able to use most auras after reserving for spellslinger is already a big issue and a huge dps lost compare to normal 6 link builds, but this?

Meh, last league my strongest build is self cast storm brand anyway, gonna hardpass on spellslinger. It's overrated anyway yet it got massive nerf because of a mediocre VD build lolz.
well that pretty much everything i expected to be nerf but i thought trickster would be nerf too.
How is it that Dodge does not have a Defence tag?
*Yawn* When will people learn? GGG always announces major nerfs in advance, letting the community fester and fret thinking the league is DOA. Then the patch notes come out, they see all their new pretties, and are once again excited. There isn’t a single nerf I didn’t see coming, and none of them went overboard. Guess what? Enduring Cry is still on my gem slot. Spellslinger is still going to be a powerful league starter. Etc, etc.
"
kingkarlos19 wrote:
Nerf Melee Please... It has been way to strong for way to long now...

P.S. after all these nice (KEKW) Engine changes, how can Labyrinth Ladder still be effected by Loading times...
SOOOOOOOOOOOO BAAAAAAAAD GGG...

>"Nerf Melee Please..."
>melee being objectively worse than caster/minion/COC builds for so many years
Yeah, nerf melee...
"
CyrusBlackXXX wrote:
"
Hemzokuken wrote:
Holy crap the community is full of whingers....

If you don't like the glancing blows change then don't pick up the passive?
You can still reach 50/40 block quite easily depending on your class and that's pure block.

Necro nerf was bound to happen...they are such a passive playstyle and this makes it so a lot of other options can be viable.

Smacking down A8 conq's in <1 second is fun right..

I'm all for balance and trying new things each league.

NOP ... you are reading it wrong ... I'll tell you what kill the necro .. never played necro, never cared for necro .. necro`s dmg has nothing to do with glancing blows, moving on,

NO GLANCING BLOWS(useless), NO CRAFTING(Harvest not going Core), NO SPELSLINGER(Leveling 8-10 times/league just became shit again especially if you play HC ) , NO ENDURING CRY (useless)

Glancing Blows is still super fucking powerful. Getting 35% DR 75% of the time against spell AND attack hits isn't nearly as bullshit as 50%, but still EXTREMELY powerful. It's effectively a second Fortify at this point.

You didn't need crafting to make super powerful necro builds, Harvest just made bullshit mirror-tier gear super accessible.

I'll give you this: spellslinger will be far less popular. You win this one.

Enduring Cry's main draw was that you could get the HPS of 50% increased recovery rate Eternal Flask in 1 second on a 6 second CD. It being an 8 second CD hurts a little but isn't "the death of Necro". The endurance charge nerf doesn't even affect 95% of the playerbase because you'll almost always be near something to trigger the endurance charge.

This is how you can tell someone was playing Spellslinger VD Necromancer. GGG brings everything in line so that it's not so egregious and overwhelmingly powerful. It's pretty obvious that you played Spellslinger VD Necro because you didn't even mention Divine Flesh which was equally as powerful as pre-nerf glancing blows.
"
The issue is not dealing with something broken like a specific raised spectre type, it's all the collateral damage to the other build types that were already borderline for average folks.

The game used to be accessible to all players. You learnt the telegraphed behaviours of bosses so you could manually dodge the attacks you weren't meant to tank and how good your build was determined how quickly you could take down a boss. You died because you need some more levels for your skills or you didn't dodge the boss slam.

Somewhere along the journey GGG lost their way. Complexity and power creep got out of control and are now forever beyond redemption. Remember when magic find Dominus runs were a thing? The increased loot chance from a boss made the long fight worthwhile and players compromised damage/survival for Magic Find.

You could play with what you found and crafted and slowly upgrade. Now you need a 6 link minimum and the game is balanced around that plus jewels, et al. The real budget build is harder and harder to find because of the power creep.

The replayability of the game used to come from all the different skills and build types, but so much of that is now locked behind wealth generation that they are effectively out of reach for average players.

So the primary complaint many people are relating here is not the management of unintentionally broken items, but all the unwarranted destruction for builds that were playable, fun and accessible for the average person.

I was kind of nodding my head while reading this but then I remembered those days....it got boring fast.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info