[3.13] Archmage Blade Vortex Hierophant | 20k EHP 40m DPS | Depth 2000 Delve Tank

I have time today to test Divergent Spell Echo AOE:

- Visually, the BV AOE looks the same with or without Spell Echo
- In both case, the mobs die when they hit the outer ring, there is no difference.

So I can say we don’t get the virtual increased AOE from Divergent Spell Echo.
Well, we're talking about a radius increase of probably 2-3, on an ability that's already what, 40 something?

Could be hard to tell just by the visual.
ign: aan_allein_daishan
I had to test it by removing most of my other sources of aoe from the ascendancy/tree. For my char, normally it'd go from 37 to 39 radius which is super hard to tell. But if you remove other source of AoE so it goes from 31 to 33 instead, or 25 to 28 you can see the difference clearly. Because BV animation adds a larger blade at discrete intervals, at 28 and 33 radius.
"
WrongBlight wrote:
Divergent spell echo is definitely only for setup, you then replace it with unleash.

It's definitely granting AOE from 1 more repeat, it's very visible and it stays. Whether it's granting it's 60% more when swapped out we likely won't be able to test.

If I had to guess, it should provide its 60% more damage when swapped out, without the -30% penalty since generic modifiers dont seem to snapshotted.

"
WrongBlight wrote:

Btw what about Elusive option on boots?
It's should be a bit less consistent 10% ehp than permanent 8% dodge, in same vein as algor, needing you to hit something, but lots of movespeed on top which is a great qol.

Elusive is a prefix though, so you'd have to give up on either life or mana os MS. Tailwind suffix is viable and is nice QoL, I just preferred the defense.
Does the build work with HH?
I mean getting enough mana would be tougher but with Level 94 and some good divined gear?

Thanks for the genius guide! I play it now for my 2nd league and love the build!
I use tailwind boots and phaserun manual for mega movespeed to zoom around (profile MoMslocs level 93 ritual)
Last edited by slocs on Jan 23, 2021, 4:05:50 PM
"
slocs wrote:
Does the build work with HH?

It doesnt get as many benefits from HH as other builds get but when your damage is already at instaphasing woke 9 sirus levels with suboptimal links on average gear and your survivability is absurd aswell only thing left to desire is to go faster.

And oh boy HH does make you go faster.
Last edited by Jadame on Jan 23, 2021, 6:51:57 PM
Thanks for the build, it's amazing.

I was able to complete uber lab on lvl69 and kill A8 Sirus on lvl 73.

Right now I'm still working on the build, but I made couple small enhancements to the skills.

First - I removed vortex from from move button and trigger it manually, also I linked it to life leach and energy leach:

this way I have constant access lo life and ES leach

Second - I'm triggering Immortal call and Withering step manually as well.

So my rotation is: Immortal call -> Vortex -> Blade Vortex -> Withering step + wave of conviction for bossing.

If Withering steps used after blade vortex it will bump my BV mana cost a bit and it will use ~99% of my mana, also Elusive is really nice for survivability.
Last edited by skiminok1989 on Jan 23, 2021, 9:39:19 PM
A8 Sirus at lvl 73 is some crazy stuff :)
Hmm I'm having a bit of trouble.

https://pastebin.com/8frNgFru

That's my PoB. Everything in the PoB matches what I see in game. Character is obviously very undergeared, but I needed to spend what currency I had and swap from my leveling gear.

It works perfectly if I don't use Vortex, but as soon as I start casting Vortex, within the first few casts, I'm hitting the point of no return where the Archmage cost is borked.

I don't understand why though; I'm even using a lvl 1 Vortex, and I'm only hitting the 800/1000 Indigon threshold.

So my Vortex costs 35-41 mana.

What is going on that a 35-41 cost Vortex is messing up my mana situation?

For now I can use blood magic, but I'd like to understand why it's happening with such a low mana cost Vortex.

Edit: Can anyone confirm that plume even works? The PoB I linked above puts my shaper dps at 5.4mil, but I was testing with Call of the Brotherhood and certainly not shattering a lot of things.

1 Stack of left BV after detonating, and the AoE benefit is very obvious. But Plume doesn't seem to work.

edit2: appears the issue is actually Marylene's Fallacy. Simply removing it multiplied my dps significantly. Glad the 30% multi annoint was cheap. Now just need to figure out what's going on with Vortex.

edit3: Does hitting the next Indigon Threshold reset the "recently" counter? That's the only thing I can think of that would explain my issue.

edit4: New neck (pretty sweet talisman) put my mana cost at 1k, so it isn't the Indigon threshold. But it appears that spending any mana at all ruins it. I tested other skills too. Removing Blood Magic from my Flame Dash and casting Flame Dash a single time with no supports ruined my next BV cast. Not sure how you guys are managing it.
ign: aan_allein_daishan
Last edited by koticgood on Jan 24, 2021, 5:51:02 AM
I dont see why small manacosts are breaking your cycle. Can you watch the manacost on the tooltip and report back? Manacost before casting BV, after casting BV, and after casting Flame Dash then casting BV?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info