[3.13] Archmage Blade Vortex Hierophant | 20k EHP 40m DPS | Depth 2000 Delve Tank

Because more% damage is the most powerful modifier in the game. You also get 100% crit no matter what with plume.
Would Awakened spell echo be worse than divengent spell echo?

And also (this is being extremely nitpicky) can you put Spell echo to cast the first BV so that you are using a 3rd repeat and then change back gems to the normal set up? Would you still keep using the 3rd repeat even without SE?
Doing this for mapping would obviously be really tedious but i could see myself doing it for Sirus fight as there is a ton of downtime while you wait for Sirus to give his whole speach and whatnot
Last edited by Souse03 on Jan 22, 2021, 9:47:39 PM
Also tested helmet enchant with bv duration enchant (non-enchanted plume snapshot into duration enchanted helmet swap), enchant seems to work. So either 9 or all blades get affected by enchant of a helmet we swap to.

In other words Indigon enchants are still a must.
Last edited by Jadame on Jan 22, 2021, 9:47:00 PM
"
RudyBaby wrote:
"
WrongBlight wrote:
Btw Algor Mortis is a very underrated pair of gloves for any ligthning related build, provided you can work in some chill on enemy.

This is true, Algor Mortis is uniquely suited for this build. It just sucks a bit that it has no life or mana rolls, and no dex roll. Will make reaching the 1800 mana breakpoint that much harder, probably have to settle for 1600. And Dex is going to be an issue as well.

IMO Asenath's is still the superior option for clearing because of explodey, but Algor Mortis really shines vs bosses due to the Sap and chill effect, and ofc tons more damage. I'll add this to the guide soon.

I just check the Algor Mortis gloves, and I have around 29.6M DPS with manacost < 1800. With a mana gloves, manacost > 1800, I get 27.6M dps, with unnerve mod 30.1M DPS, so a rare gloves are better both dps and survival wise.
"
Souse03 wrote:
Would Awakened spell echo be worse than divengent spell echo?

And also (this is being extremely nitpicky) can you put Spell echo to cast the first BV so that you are using a 3rd repeat and then change back gems to the normal set up? Would you still keep using the 3rd repeat even without SE?
Doing this for mapping would obviously be really tedious but i could see myself doing it for Sirus fight as there is a ton of downtime while you wait for Sirus to give his whole speach and whatnot

I think the OP calculation is not correct, divergent makes spell deal 30% less damage and final repeat 60% more,

so Divergent: 0.7 * 1.6 * (2.05/1.70) = 135%
Awakened Spell Echo: 0.85 * 1.19 * (2.05/1.70) = 122%

Divergent is better DPS wise, but Awakened Controlled Destruction seems to be better DPS (49% more)?

EDIT: I also tested and Divergent Spell Echo doesn't give more AOE compared to ACD gem, weird.
Last edited by cutiechuchu on Jan 23, 2021, 1:14:21 AM
"

I think the OP calculation is not correct, divergent makes spell deal 30% less damage and final repeat 60% more,

so Divergent: 0.7 * 1.6 * (2.05/1.70) = 135%
Awakened Spell Echo: 0.85 * 1.19 * (2.05/1.70) = 122%

Divergent is better DPS wise, but Awakened Controlled Destruction seems to be better DPS (49% more)?

EDIT: I also tested and Divergent Spell Echo doesn't give more AOE compared to ACD gem, weird.

Correct, it's 35% more damage, not 54%. While the 20% divergent spell echo gives 20% less damage, he forgot the 10% already on normal spell echo, which it's additive with.

Also, how are you testing the divergent spell echo to see that it's not granting aoe?

Worth noting that my initial thought was that ACD wasn't on the chopping block, rather moving Arcane Surge to the Vortex setup. Guess I'll have to check the actual numbers.

edit: damn, grats on that corrupted blood unnatural instinct double corrupt

"
Jadame wrote:
Also tested helmet enchant with bv duration enchant (non-enchanted plume snapshot into duration enchanted helmet swap), enchant seems to work. So either 9 or all blades get affected by enchant of a helmet we swap to.

In other words Indigon enchants are still a must.

That's because BV does not snapshot. BV is updated like everything else. Nothing really snapshots anymore.

The only reason there are these tricks is the specific case of "final repeat". It's just a weird, very niche interaction.

Unless something grants bonuses on repeat, like plume, divergent spell echo, and pledge of hands, it will most assuredly not "snapshot".
ign: aan_allein_daishan
Last edited by koticgood on Jan 23, 2021, 2:11:31 AM
You guys are right, I missed the inherent -10% multiplier of Spell Echo. I'll update the post.

But it does give the extra AoE though, even if its not immediately visible.
"
"
RudyBaby wrote:
"
WrongBlight wrote:
Btw Algor Mortis is a very underrated pair of gloves for any ligthning related build, provided you can work in some chill on enemy.

This is true, Algor Mortis is uniquely suited for this build. It just sucks a bit that it has no life or mana rolls, and no dex roll. Will make reaching the 1800 mana breakpoint that much harder, probably have to settle for 1600. And Dex is going to be an issue as well.

IMO Asenath's is still the superior option for clearing because of explodey, but Algor Mortis really shines vs bosses due to the Sap and chill effect, and ofc tons more damage. I'll add this to the guide soon.

I just check the Algor Mortis gloves, and I have around 29.6M DPS with manacost < 1800. With a mana gloves, manacost > 1800, I get 27.6M dps, with unnerve mod 30.1M DPS, so a rare gloves are better both dps and survival wise.

Thanks for doing the math. However theres a couple more things to account for.

You gotta account for the Sap which I'd say is 10% base as a very safe estimate (the build easily shocks endgame bosses for 10%+ and sap is supposed to have lower thresholds than chill/shock), and then it has another 20% increased effect of ailments on top. So that is atleast 12% more EHP, likely more, but only against monsters that youve already hit.

Also it should be fairly easy to get one good corruption on it, and double corrupted as a luxury. Not very good outcomes available though.
Last edited by RudyBaby on Jan 23, 2021, 2:37:57 AM
"
koticgood wrote:

Also, how are you testing the divergent spell echo to see that it's not granting aoe?

"
RudyBaby wrote:
You guys are right, I missed the inherent -10% multiplier of Spell Echo. I'll update the post.

But it does give the extra AoE though, even if its not immediately visible.

I only tested visually, they look the same. But if you already tested it and it does work, I will believe it.

I tried to move arcane surge somewhere but in POB it gives more DPS than ACD, I don’t understand.

We can also move Divergent Spell Echo and ACD around while doing maps / killing boss, but I just notice to activate the mine trick, the cast speed will affect the delay you need to wait before donating. With ACD you can wait around 0.2s like OP, with spell echo you nearly have to donate immediately and sometimes it is very hard to get 1 blade left, especially when you go to a realm with hing ping.

"
RudyBaby wrote:

Thanks for doing the math. However theres a couple more things to account for.

You gotta account for the Sap which I'd say is 10% base as a very safe estimate (the build easily shocks endgame bosses for 10%+ and sap is supposed to have lower thresholds than chill/shock), and then it has another 20% increased effect of ailments on top. So that is atleast 12% more EHP, likely more, but only against monsters that youve already hit.

Also it should be fairly easy to get one good corruption on it, and double corrupted as a luxury. Not very good outcomes available though.

You’re right, Algor gives more dps and ehp AFTER you hits them with Vortex, which is usually case for boss. I checked POB and the rare gloves should also give it around 5% raw eHP. It’s a tough debate...

Btw, I finished crafting my amulet, ring and boots, now only belt and gloves remaining.

EDIT: It's because I don't have other source of Arcane Surge. Now I move AS to Phase run and make sure to cast it every 4s right after BV.

EDIT: Moving AS to somewhere and use ACD + Divergent Spell echo increase DPS as well. To simulate the DPS of Divergent you can use Concentrated Effect lvl 1 gem.

However we need to find a way to reliably trigger AS.... I made sure to cast Phase Run (initial mana cost 10) after BV so it will increase mana cost to 47, but it won't trigger AS once in a while, look like it only counts the original mana cost.... Also if we don't use AS 21 and only AS 1, the DPS we get from ACD is not much worth the effort...

I guess we should leave it in BV setup for smooth mapping.
Last edited by cutiechuchu on Jan 23, 2021, 6:20:34 AM
Divergent spell echo is definitely only for setup, you then replace it with unleash.

It's definitely granting AOE from 1 more repeat, it's very visible and it stays. Whether it's granting it's 60% more when swapped out we likely won't be able to test.

Setting up the "sweaty" option is generally a hassle for sure.

Btw what about Elusive option on boots?
It's should be a bit less consistent 10% ehp than permanent 8% dodge, in same vein as algor, needing you to hit something, but lots of movespeed on top which is a great qol.

If you don't use Algor then you can mb even fit in both dodge and elusive potentially, taking up 2 suffixes.
Tailwinds would be too greedy and wouldn't be that good for this build though.
Last edited by WrongBlight on Jan 23, 2021, 7:07:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info