[3.13] Archmage Blade Vortex Hierophant | 20k EHP 40m DPS | Depth 2000 Delve Tank

"
Camatoo wrote:
Maybe i oversaw it, but i didn't notice any "corrupted blood" jewels on the tree. Do we just dont need it, since it deals less damage to ES than life?

You definitely need one. For my character, my CB corruption was on the abyss jewel in my stygian vise.
"
Jadame wrote:
Thx Rudy you rock.

Another question. How bv snapshotting interacts with helmet enchants? Only plume enchant (with plume swap for first cast ofc) should matter, right? Or does crit mult from helmet enchants gets dynamically updated?

I actually don't know. My guess is that the helmet crit enchant is not snapshotted (since its a property attached to the player and not to a particular cast), but I may well be wrong. I don't know of any easy way to test this either
Btw Algor Mortis is a very underrated pair of gloves for any ligthning related build, provided you can work in some chill on enemy.

It might be clunky on ranged BL/arc / require use of cwdt and other unreliable things so for that cases unnerve gloves can compete.

You can opt to instead cwdt blade blast for unnerve.

But they're absolutely perfect for bv with vortex on right click that's going to have to run into enemy faces anyway, you get more "increased damage taken" multiplier than you'll get pretty much total from all endgame options combined.

And you can _also_ work in unnerve from bblast and as ultimate endgame option - master of fear.

"

+(50-70) to maximum Energy Shield
+(15-20)% to Cold and Lightning Resistances
(20-30)% chance to Sap Enemies in Chilling Areas
Enemies in your Chilling Areas take (25-35)% increased Lightning Damage
(15-20)% increased Effect of Non-Damaging Ailments

35% increased dmg taken AND less damage taken from enemies and 20% more chill effect for a couple of chaos gloves?
And they're even +40 total res.

Imo this puts them as real endgame option even as is vs something like kalissa's grace or voidbringer that would struggle to fit in even with some insane double corruptions sorely losing defensively vs rares.

You'd likely have to not use foible / unique amu to cap resists on budget if you try to run them with indigon, but endgame capping in 3 slots (ring, boots, belt) + some tree/jewels/clusters should be very possible.
Last edited by WrongBlight on Jan 20, 2021, 10:17:20 PM
"
WrongBlight wrote:

You can opt to instead cwdt blade blast for unnerve.

Blade blast would just detonate all your BV and mess up 4.25s cast sequence.
Algor Mortis seems nice but a lot to give up in the rare slot when already using so many uniques.
ign: aan_allein_daishan
Last edited by koticgood on Jan 21, 2021, 1:49:00 PM
"
Blade blast would just detonate all your BV and mess up 4.25s cast sequence.

Yep, you're right. Only option is medium cluster master of fear then.

You'd obiously also have to use option of vortex with blood magic for "vortex on right click" with indigon to not mess up mana costs.
"
koticgood wrote:
Out of curiosity (as you regen so fast it shouldn't matter too much), do you lose your Archmage damage from taking damage until you regen/recover enough to cover the ~9k mana cost?

No. Archmage only cares about your max unreserved mana, not your current mana.
"
WrongBlight wrote:
Btw Algor Mortis is a very underrated pair of gloves for any ligthning related build, provided you can work in some chill on enemy.

This is true, Algor Mortis is uniquely suited for this build. It just sucks a bit that it has no life or mana rolls, and no dex roll. Will make reaching the 1800 mana breakpoint that much harder, probably have to settle for 1600. And Dex is going to be an issue as well.

IMO Asenath's is still the superior option for clearing because of explodey, but Algor Mortis really shines vs bosses due to the Sap and chill effect, and ofc tons more damage. I'll add this to the guide soon.

Last edited by RudyBaby on Jan 21, 2021, 8:04:47 AM
"
RudyBaby wrote:
"
WrongBlight wrote:

This is true, Algor Mortis is uniquely suited for this build. It just sucks a bit that it has no life or mana rolls, and no dex roll. Will make reaching the 1800 mana breakpoint that much harder, probably have to settle for 1600. And Dex is going to be an issue as well.

IMO Asenath's is still the superior option for clearing because of explodey, but Algor Mortis really shines vs bosses due to the Sap and chill effect, and ofc tons more damage. I'll add this to the guide soon.

I don't think we need Asenath for clearing if we can increase AOE. I try to get as much AOE as possible for better clearing.

About dex problem, we can settle with BV +3 range (lvl 15) or +2 (lvl 10). Also we don't need the %crit chance in amulet anymore, we can have an amulet like this
Why a build based on critical would use controlled destruction?

I don't get it. Please could anyone enlighten me?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info