[3.20] ⚡Velyna's Storm Brand Inquisitor⚡ Leaguestart | Smooth Mapper | All Uber Bosses Down

Glad i caught your interest :)

Dps is there definetely. AL8 Veritania takes about 20-25s but i am currently only level 94 and my dps is still 1mil per brand- i still need to equip 1 medium cluster, cast speed/crit multi node near Pain attunement and of course grab +2shavs, Bottled faith and Aegis aurora with good corruption. Best case would be +5% attack block implicit so i can respec shield mastery for +x% crit multi for for every 5% block on shield.

We both know that the brand build is no berserker cyclone or CoC raider that can delete shaper in 0.5s. Definetely not the guardian variant. But we dont roll guardian to break any dps record do we?

Despite that the dps is decent, although some bosses with a lot of damage reduction and crap load of ads our brands keep jumping to can be quite annoying (Looking at you, Drox).

With 3.15 changes to gem multipliers i honestly didnt think reaching this much dps would be possible on such a gimmicky build. Or that if i end up stacking defences like block i would end up with 500k Quin69 level dps. But this variant is really enjoyable and can stay alive even at scourge 100+ with delirium on top of it.

Edit: about cast speed and mana- I have a little bit over 100 points of mana available for casting spells and around 85mana/s. That number will rise a little bit with level and by a lot with level4 Enlighten support.
Right now the biggest mana expense is when I trigger Elemental weakness but I have just enough mana to make it work.

As for the cast speed- onslaught silver flask with Inc. Cast speed during flask effects fixes that problem for me.

I also grabbed beautiful Watcher's eye for 3.5ex with 15%cold pen and flask charge gained on crit. I do realize that the effect has a cooldown but last I checked it was 100ms. That cooldown I presume is shared with other flask charge on crit mods so I might change flasks to ones with either longer duration or reduced charges used. Some more testing is required.

As for the most mind bugging decision- golem with 2 support gems- triggering this little bastard is expensive considering low mana available. Also, linking him to cwdt was infuriating as I couldn't summon him when I needed. Decided to make good use of 2 free gem slots and checked in PoB which gems would provide him with biggest increase to EHP. Now he can at least not die when something sneezes at him and considering we freeze most things he stays alive for a long time.

Molten shell I keep on my left click so it's up whenever off-cooldown.
Last edited by OanSur on Nov 9, 2021, 9:06:31 AM
Hi all. This is my first time working with brands and just trying to get everything together as much as I can.

I am currently feeling low on dps vs bosses. Is there anything big I am missing that is making my boss damage feel really low?

Thank you in advance for any help.
"
Duranoth wrote:
Hi all. This is my first time working with brands and just trying to get everything together as much as I can.

I am currently feeling low on dps vs bosses. Is there anything big I am missing that is making my boss damage feel really low?

Helm and boot enchant will add ~15% more dps for you, 21/20 storm brand another 10%
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
"
OanSur wrote:
Glad i caught your interest :)

Dps is there definetely. AL8 Veritania takes about 20-25s but i am currently only level 94 and my dps is still 1mil per brand- i still need to equip 1 medium cluster, cast speed/crit multi node near Pain attunement and of course grab +2shavs, Bottled faith and Aegis aurora with good corruption. Best case would be +5% attack block implicit so i can respec shield mastery for +x% crit multi for for every 5% block on shield.

We both know that the brand build is no berserker cyclone or CoC raider that can delete shaper in 0.5s. Definetely not the guardian variant. But we dont roll guardian to break any dps record do we?

I might add a tweaked version of this to the guide, is that alright if I credit you for it?
Hi !

First of all, thanks for your guide Velyna ; the early build was a bit hard to manage with scourge mechanic but I'm finally in a sweet spot where it is very comfortable to play and still have a lot of works to do :)

OanSure your tanky variant seems really interesting, I'll give it a shot later when I got some new main items but I think my Watcher's Eye with mana mitigation would be a problem, will see !

Btw I have a question about the initial version :
When it is expected to swap from Heart of Ice annoint to Doom Cast and playing with Inc. Critical Strike chance support ?
I tried to swap on my PoB (I'm a newbie with it so maybe I'm doing wrong) but I'm still losing some DPS without Heart of Ice.

Thanks again for your work ! :)
Last edited by Swickz on Nov 10, 2021, 12:07:37 PM
"
Swickz wrote:
Hi !

First of all, thanks for your guide Velyna ; the early build was a bit hard to manage with scourge mechanic but I'm finally in a sweet spot where it is very comfortable to play and still have a lot of works to do :)

OanSure your tanky variant seems really interesting, I'll give it a shot later when I got some new main items but I think my Watcher's Eye with mana mitigation would be a problem, will see !

Btw I have a question about the initial version :
When it is expected to swap from Heart of Ice annoint to Doom Cast and playing with Inc. Critical Strike chance support ?
I tried to swap on my PoB (I'm a newbie with it so maybe I'm doing wrong) but I'm still losing some DPS without Heart of Ice.

Thanks again for your work ! :)

Doom Casts value changes depending on your overall crit chance, they are very close in DPS so don't worry about changing if what you have feels good.
"
I might add a tweaked version of this to the guide, is that alright if I credit you for it?

Honestly I would be honored :) I love tweaking in PoB but due to having a full time job and a son born recently I don't have time to write guides on my own.
And since I am not a streamer or celebrity they would probably not be very popular anyway ^^'

If some of my ideas are appreciated then I honestly can't be asking for more :)

Last edited by OanSur on Nov 11, 2021, 11:12:20 AM
hey, loving the build.
what do you guys think i should focus on improving next ?
and did i fuck up in any way/gear ?
needing some advice
Best and cheapest upgrade would be helmet enchant and catalysts on rings to reach 96% cold conversion instead of 80%. Shavs not too shabby, although +gem level is always superior to increased damage. With brands you can look for both AoE and Duration tag. Also, fenumus gloves with aspect of the spider are a massive DPS boost. Especially combined with cast speed on them. Curse on hit however might be expensive and hard to find.
"
Velyna wrote:
"
Duranoth wrote:

Helm and boot enchant will add ~15% more dps for you, 21/20 storm brand another 10%

Thank you for your help on this!!! I am having a ton of fun with this build and watching everything get frozen.

One more question if anyone has time. How do you go about crafting an end game wand? My wand is lackluster and looking at trade end game wands appear super expensive. Is there a good crafting method?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info