[3.20] ⚡Velyna's Storm Brand Inquisitor⚡ Leaguestart | Smooth Mapper | All Uber Bosses Down

Hey there !

First of all, thanks to Velyna and Oansur for their hard work ! :)

After being stuck at level 95 with some mitigation (take physical damage as cold or take damage from mana before life), I have decided to min-max Oansur variant to be very tanky + maxing damage without losing QoL. With Velyna's version you can do everything deathless but scourge mechanic is very deadly without offscreen cleaning build.

As a disclaimer, because it is a min-max step, this variant is much more expensive than Oansur (you can swap only when you have an enlighten 4) and require some specific cluster suffix (i.e. dex/strenght/all attribute on small nodes so be prepare to reforge keep prefixes if no cluster available).

But finally, you are very tanky and sit on a comfortable 3M+ dps (1.8M+ without flask) on Sirus/Shaper, plus we are immune to ignite. Plus there is some free space to add chaos resistance (cluster/belt).

I haven't change the tree (made by OanSur) but items/cluster/gems have been updated.

https://pastebin.com/b6gbNMYv

If you want to take a look :)

Belt is free for all, you can do what you want if your resist are still caped and you have some strength on it. Feel free to do a double influenced belt to be unkillable or to get much more damage. Since you can make a mirror tier belt, I prefered to keep it as a decent belt.

For weapon, you can use % cast speed or critical strike for spell as a juicy suffix.

Items are from my gear or possible outcome, you can still reach higher dps cap if you look for perfect items or expensive double corrupt.

Feel free to improve it and to give me your feedback :)
Last edited by Swickz on Nov 18, 2021, 8:58:31 PM
"
OanSur wrote:
Try my tweaked version of the build. You will see almost no difference in mapping and only a slightly slower bossing butsurvivability will skyrocket. The original build relied on blind which is gone now as it only affects evasion builds.

With 30k armour and 74/74 block i recover 650ES on block and each block reduces incoming damage by 35%. That reduction works on both physical and elemental hits. For strong damage over tine effects you can pop Vaal Discipline and simply shrug it off.

Unless you run triple or quadruple damage as extra element, crazy high crit map, reduced block or 50% shocked ground you can survive anhthing, even shaper slam to the face.

Man... This is the build right here folks. This is vastly superior in every way. Thank you so much for this, this made the build enjoyable again. This deserves its own thread!
I am the world's best path of exile player, I strong I kill all monster with amazing power
"
OanSur wrote:
Try my tweaked version of the build. You will see almost no difference in mapping and only a slightly slower bossing butsurvivability will skyrocket. The original build relied on blind which is gone now as it only affects evasion builds.

With 30k armour and 74/74 block i recover 650ES on block and each block reduces incoming damage by 35%. That reduction works on both physical and elemental hits. For strong damage over tine effects you can pop Vaal Discipline and simply shrug it off.

Unless you run triple or quadruple damage as extra element, crazy high crit map, reduced block or 50% shocked ground you can survive anhthing, even shaper slam to the face.

Hello,

Im doing your guardian version but i find something weird that you did and its not working at all : Radiant Crusade "While there is at least one nearby Ally, you and nearby Allies deal 10% more Damage" he can't proc this by any means because he dont have any allies at all and yourself doesnt count so you have to remove this in your pob wich is in my pob configuration (with my stuff) it is -211k full dps. So Radiant Crusade only gives 20% resist which for me is realy bad its almost like this node is totally useless because even without it i already have +20% for fire but +40% for lightning and +60% for cold.

Which other node would you consider : Bastion of Hope, Unwavering Faith or 2 small nodde to acces Bastion of Hope and Unwavering Faith ?
Last edited by Hoheinheim on Nov 20, 2021, 4:05:54 PM
We keep our lightning golem for that node alone :) That one little blue bastard brings us a ton of DPS so we either buff him with meatshield+minion life supp or spam him with trigger on our wand
"
OanSur wrote:
We keep our lightning golem for that node alone :) That one little blue bastard brings us a ton of DPS so we either buff him with meatshield+minion life supp or spam him with trigger on our wand

Oh yeah my bad i never pay too much attention to him sometimes its been 3 map since he's already dead.

thanks.
Last edited by Hoheinheim on Nov 20, 2021, 6:54:09 PM
Sorry, very noob question here, but where can I find the passive skill tree for this build? I haven't got my head around the pob thing yet. Thanks.
Hi, after playing this build (Oansur version) i find some problem :

- low dps against huge pack of monster like in blight encounter in map where a boss spawn you can't do them even you dont deal enough damage.
- tanky in map / not that great against boss you can't freeze.
- any maven encounter like the hidden you can't do them even in the white hidden the boss almost OS you (and i have 12k armor 6400ES).
- very slow 59% movement speed with quicksilver flask up.

https://pastebin.com/sPY7vakH
Last edited by Hoheinheim on Nov 27, 2021, 8:53:23 AM
The build is easy to start but hard to scale damage. Same problem occurs in the original Velyna's build.
If you used the character on your account then I see some things that might get better with enough budget.

Some important gems in your setup have lvl 19 or even 18 without quality.

No +gem level implicit on shavs

Bad enchant on boots. Need added lightning or penetration.

Get better flasks. You don't need freeze immunity with Brine king pantheon. Get increased crit chance and cast speed.

I do comfortable DPS and it's only getting better once I switch determination for zealotry. I managed to get enlighten lvl4 so I can save 2 points from mana managing and got a nice ring with 20% reduced effect of curses on you (that's another point free). My build was supposed to be finished on lvl 100, now it seems it's getting finished on lvl 98. Since i have to take care of my family i cant tell when i will reach it ^^' . I've decided I am not enjoying the scourge mechanic enough to push to 100 so when I'm done I'll focus on making some other build.

As for the PoB you posted. The thread of hope above Witch area - you spend 7 points for 60% increased damage (you already have Heart of Ice annointed, 1 unnecesary point in Sovereignty wheel. Lightning mastery that gives increased crit chance is useless since we convert 96% of our damage to cold - with most rares and bosses we can get 5% of shock but on some bosses we dont even have that so its better to take chain. No runebinder means you attach only 1 brand to the boss so your DPS is halved, no brand masteries taken either... im suprised you are talking about the feared with such bad choices
Last edited by OanSur on Nov 28, 2021, 2:24:06 PM
"
Hoheinheim wrote:
Hi, after playing this build (Oansur version) i find some problem :

- low dps against huge pack of monster like in blight encounter in map where a boss spawn you can't do them even you dont deal enough damage.
- tanky in map / not that great against boss you can't freeze.
- any maven encounter like the hidden you can't do them even in the white hidden the boss almost OS you (and i have 12k armor 6400ES).
- very slow 59% movement speed with quicksilver flask up.

https://pastebin.com/sPY7vakH

Had same issue on Storm Brand Inquisitor concerning very large packs. Went with Asenath's Gentle Touch Silk Gloves + Conversion (Mastery + WE with +Crit Chance) and it's great. Feels way better at mapping and blight is no longer a struggle.

Not sure about boss damage. I am at ~2,5M and it could've been better.
No issue with MS here.

Like OanSur said, not taking Runebinder is huge oversight as your DPS is practically halved.
Last edited by japharrr on Nov 28, 2021, 3:08:50 PM
I am the world's best path of exile player, I strong I kill all monster with amazing power
Last edited by POOPHAMMER on Nov 30, 2021, 3:09:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info