[3.20] ⚡Velyna's Storm Brand Inquisitor⚡ Leaguestart | Smooth Mapper | All Uber Bosses Down

"
I can only cast a few brands before my character starts moving instead of casting because I'm out of mana and it's not regening fast enough. Is that expected?

Wait until you unlock "trigger spells when you use a skill" as the triggered skills have increased mana cost. So on top of casting brands you also spend mana triggering spells in your weapon.

Edit: typos
Last edited by OanSur on Nov 8, 2021, 7:21:38 AM
Hi there Velyna

And Hi all followers

I was reading the Transition to low life part and noticed you are talking about applying two curses

Wand with trigger with asn mark and wave (i suppose)

Is the second curse only for your occultist version?
Then do i still get hands of templars with ele weak on hit and forget the asn mark?

Thanks for the help

Edit : her pob (transition to LL) doesnt hv the asn mark, i guess her Gear section (with images) isnt updated
Ill stick to her pob then (feel free to confirm please)
Last edited by damdamooh on Nov 8, 2021, 10:37:32 AM
"
damdamooh wrote:
Hi there Velyna

And Hi all followers

I was reading the Transition to low life part and noticed you are talking about applying two curses

Wand with trigger with asn mark and wave (i suppose)

Is the second curse only for your occultist version?
Then do i still get hands of templars with ele weak on hit and forget the asn mark?

Thanks for the help

Edit : her pob (transition to LL) doesnt hv the asn mark, i guess her Gear section (with images) isnt updated
Ill stick to her pob then (feel free to confirm please)

Hi! For double curse you can use Vixen's Entrapment gloves with Curse Enemies with Elemental Weakness On Hit corrupt (it also gives you solid 130+ es) and Assasin's Mark on trigger wand, CWDT or Hextouch+Herald of Thunder/Wave of Conviction+Frostbite setup.
Be aware that you can't apply Marks via Hextouch support.
having a hard time on what to upgrade next
since i am speed farming 12+ tiers, i am using zoom zoom flasks, dunno about gear, dps seens pretty low for bossing by now
"
fallen182 wrote:
since i am speed farming 12+ tiers, i am using zoom zoom flasks, dunno about gear, dps seens pretty low for bossing by now

Looks like your large cluster is wrong? Helm and boot enchants are not great, and I think the anoint too.
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
Tried this in Ultimatum and was a bit underwhelmed by the damage but I decided to give it another go and I am having a very good time with the build in Scourge. Just managed to kill Sirus deathless, usually takes me 3 or 4 portals.

Did a couple small changes for personal preference things, mostly dropping the trigger weapon in order to self-cast wave of conviction. Trying Vaal Discipline instead of Ghost Reaver now, kinda liking having the emergency button more. Also messing around with my flask setup a bit.

Very fun build though I am looking forward to seeing how much I can do with it.
"
OanSur wrote:
"
I can only cast a few brands before my character starts moving instead of casting because I'm out of mana and it's not regening fast enough. Is that expected?

Wait until you unlock "trigger spells when you use a skill" as the triggered skills have increased mana cost. So on top of casting brands you also spend mana triggering spells in your weapon.

Edit: typos

This makes the build pretty cumbersome to play, so much so that it feels like I'm doing something wrong. Kind of a punch to the gut after building up the investment to make the transition to low life, but I suppose I should have looked at the pob more closely.
"
Velyna wrote:
"
fallen182 wrote:

Looks like your large cluster is wrong? Helm and boot enchants are not great, and I think the anoint too.

yeah, the cluster is not cheap atm xd
no luck at helm/boots farming, going to swap the anoint soon

the rest is good then? i mean, it can be better, but still good?
Last edited by fallen182 on Nov 8, 2021, 7:07:17 PM
Hello Velyna and everyone else in this topic :)

As i wrote couple days ago i too struggled with survivability during scourge and Sirus encounters. Occasional oneshots happened too often for the build to feel enjoyable once i hit red maps.

Decided to experiment a little bit. Spend a couple exalted orbs to test and try a few things and finally i can tell i have found the perfect combo that can withstand Sirus beam, scourge bosses, Drox fist slam, Veritania barrage and even harvest mobs with soul eater (both devourer and those bears that do a jump slam) and decided to ask about some feedback from person i took the core idea of the build.

https://pastebin.com/y6FRmzH5

I ditched the ghost reaver route and went for block nodes, with thread of hope giving me easy access to both Divine shield and Glancing blows. Then i took some block passives since i was pathing there anyway and replaced boots with Rainbowstrides and shield with Aegis Aurora.
I have 75/74 block chance with 350 ES regained on block. Considering 15k armour from gear, flask and molten shell (+defiance banner), 35% damage reduction from glancing blows, 3 EC and 6.5-7k ES this is one tough cookie for something that stays at range.

I ditched Herald of thunder (damage wise i should drop HoI but i like explosions too much) and one of the auras. I chose to stay with Hatred as the watcher's eye pen is too good and Zealotry cause occasional Consecrated ground is helpful on some boss phases. Damage got lowered by quite a lot but it is still able to zoom through red maps and patiently kill bosses.

Im not suggesting for you to change anything, just asking for your thoughts. Plz notice me sempai :)
Last edited by OanSur on Nov 9, 2021, 5:25:07 AM
"
OanSur wrote:
Hello Velyna and everyone else in this topic :)

As i wrote couple days ago i too struggled with survivability during scourge and Sirus encounters. Occasional oneshots happened too often for the build to feel enjoyable once i hit red maps.

Decided to experiment a little bit. Spend a couple exalted orbs to test and try a few things and finally i can tell i have found the perfect combo that can withstand Sirus beam, scourge bosses, Drox fist slam, Veritania barrage and even harvest mobs with soul eater (both devourer and those bears that do a jump slam) and decided to ask about some feedback from person i took the core idea of the build.

https://pastebin.com/y6FRmzH5

I ditched the ghost reaver route and went for block nodes, with thread of hope giving me easy access to both Divine shield and Glancing blows. Then i took some block passives since i was pathing there anyway and replaced boots with Rainbowstrides and shield with Aegis Aurora.
I have 75/74 block chance with 350 ES regained on block. Considering 15k armour from gear, flask and molten shell (+defiance banner), 35% damage reduction from glancing blows, 3 EC and 6.5-7k ES this is one tough cookie for something that stays at range.

I ditched Herald of thunder (damage wise i should drop HoI but i like explosions too much) and one of the auras. I chose to stay with Hatred as the watcher's eye pen is too good and Zealotry cause occasional Consecrated ground is helpful on some boss phases. Damage got lowered by quite a lot but it is still able to zoom through red maps and patiently kill bosses.

Im not suggesting for you to change anything, just asking for your thoughts. Plz notice me sempai :)

This is really interesting, I love the defenses but it looks like you lose move speed/dps/brand duration/mana pool for it.

Have you done any bosses with it? How's the DPS there?
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info