New Brand Gems and Brand Changes in Path of Exile: Harvest

"
WyrdDarcnyzz wrote:
I'll be honest, I never really understood brands, either their purpose or why they were called "brands" and not "runes" or "glyphs," which are both OBJECTIVELY cooler. The skill changes this league are really not gonna be a drawing point for me.

From Dictionary.com, definition of a brand: an identifying mark burned on livestock or (especially in former times) criminals or slaves with a branding iron.

Glyph is definition: hieroglyphic character or symbol.
"flanges painted with esoteric glyphs"
a symbol with mysterious or magic significance.

Rune is definition: small stones, pieces of bone, etc., bearing symbols with mysterious or magic significance, and used in divination.

Conclusion: seeing as we are in former times, it fits quite well that you would brand your enemies with magic to assert your dominance. Glyph and Rune do not fit the context of the use, as Runes are inscribed upon small objects and Glyphs are typically intended for communication through hieroglyphic writings, neither of which by definition are used to attach to living things. Thus, we have brands.

Either way, brands already have too slow of a cast speed, this is why Brand recall was necessary. the .5 seconds they take to cast means you are dead in any serious content, especially since you are going to need more than just 1 up. I understand brand recall having serious mana cost, but to nerf the ability to refresh your brands is a serious downer. Welp.
Last edited by oconnork on Jun 4, 2020, 2:04:16 AM
"We generally feel that if a common build has ongoing damage with very little input, it should deal below average damage or require massive investment"

cyclone with -15 mana cost by the way....
Pog
"As a small change to remove some more of the potential passivity of Brands, Brands now return to their original or recalled location when dropped by monsters"

good bye brand, i love you forever :,(
useless new skills for a game that's not longer be playable for many players since Vulcan.
It's pretty fun to see people complaining about this. Brand will be play and it's gonna be good. There are plenty of possibilities now. I just don't understand why everyone crying while we have the chance to discover and experiment new features again and gain. Seriously fart and go on, it will be fun.

Thanks GGG :D
Looks awful, creating new stuff, but also making sure players never touch them. Why bother? Honestly when I've seen the league trailer I was super bummed, because it looked the worst league since Bestiary, but the Brand stuff made up for the feelings, I was excited, but this is super lame GGG.
Can someone please unironically explain what makes the changes bad or why you think that will kill brands entirely? I don't know the mechanics that this apparently ruined now?

I get that the "brand returns to where it was placed when enemy dies instead of dropping where the enemy died" is a nerf, but I cannot judge the magnitude and for the rest I lack the insight as well...
Why not just make Archmage unusable with brands! Like it should been from the begin of the support. Same way as totems don't work with all supports.

Small note: If you put brand recall to cwdt chain it doesn't cost mana.

"Brands now return to their original or recalled location" R.I.P to all brands, even new ones..
so it is a Archmage nerf, if you think that makes brands more interesting...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info