[3.20] ❄️❄️ Velyna's Hollow Palm Ice Crash ❄️ ❄️ Leaguestart Section | Hidden and Feared Viable

"
Hughs wrote:
Hey Velyna, I was wondering if is possible/viable to make this Raider using hollow palm, but instead of using Ice Crash, going for Consecrated Path, since it provides a faster clear speed. I am not very good with trees, I was just testing it with my raider replacing Multistrike for Pulverise Support and Cold Penetration for Faster Attacks. If is viable with Raider, would be great!

Thank you for your time!

This is very rough and by that I mean I took someone's 13m Ice Crash Tree and plugged in consecrated path and changed cold pen into trinity and tried to convert the leftover phys into cold and any other thing to fit the fire damage. It went from 13m straight into 5m.

I would say you could run it since 13m is quite a lot anyways as long as you're good at the game you can work with it. That being said though, conc path is pretty fast clear speed but you lose a lot of single target. Don't quote me tho since I just kinda threw this in all willy nilly. The other skill people used to use with Hollow Palm was infernal blow but I don't it's as good as it used to be.
GGG please allow Flicker Strike on Hollow Palm
"
Velyna wrote:
"
Negocjator55 wrote:
I suck so much with this build... So far im stuck at act 6 as a leaugestarter :/ Died so meny times... I think I do something wrong or Im sooo bad with PoE ;) .

Maby Ill be back to ths after buing the jawel.

It looks like you just don't have any life on your gear, if im looking at the right character. Monsters in the acts are hitting harder than ever with the new modifier system and you will just get wrecked if not prepared.

yup, after GGG changed the yellow monsters its playeble ;)
oh boy...I think this build struggles a lot in 3.18

damage is ok but survivability is quite bad. I get killed all the time...

if anyone has a suggestion how to improve the situation drastically feel free to let me know.

“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on May 25, 2022, 6:42:13 AM
"
Antigegner wrote:
oh boy...I think this build struggles a lot in 3.18

damage is ok but survivability is quite bad. I get killed all the time...

if anyone has a suggestion how to improve the situation drastically feel free to let me know.

Looks like you are missing ~40% increased life on the tree (comparing your character to the Endgame/God PoBs)

Not connected to the Scion start so not getting the +25 attributes from pure talent.

You can save a point taking the lower path to Charisma.

Annoint is another big HP loss.

I don't personally like Arrow Dancing but I guess that's preference.

The attribute mastery for "5 Dex per allocated mastery" is ~5.5% dps for one point.

You have enough armour to run Molten Shell probably, saving your endurance charges.

Cold res isnt highest so Wise Oak isnt working.

Just what I see from a quick side by side comparison!

https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
Last edited by Velyna on May 25, 2022, 8:40:26 AM
Thx a lot for the feedback. I really appreciate how you take your time to help so many people in this thread.

The dps suggestions are all correct but I feel like the damage is pretty good already.

HP is low, yes. I always prefer mitigation/avoidance/immunity over raw hp but I'll try to give it a bit more with the next few levels (still got 7 points till I reach lvl 100)

Annoint will be 'whispers of doom'. I am prepared to loose hp here to get frostbite and ele weakness on hit.

The 'molten shell' suggestion is good, thx!

lower path to charisma: great idea. But I am planning with the jewel socket on the right side. I'll move the forbidden flame (it is currently in the unnatural instinct spot) and make room for unnatural instinct. Otherwise I am one jewel socket short.

cold res/wise oak: yep, but it doesn't affect defense much and offense is good already. need to fix this though.(ideally have lightning and fire at the same number afaik)

so, for defense upgrades:

1.) ~40% increased life

2.) Molten Shell (problem with guard skills: you gotta first survive the big hit before you can enjoy the guard skill for a very short time :P)

Again, thank you very much !

― Christopher Hitchens
Last edited by Antigegner on May 25, 2022, 9:56:08 AM
"
Antigegner wrote:
Thx a lot for the feedback. I really appreciate how you take your time to help so many people in this thread.

The dps suggestions are all correct but I feel like the damage is pretty good already.

HP is low, yes. I always prefer mitigation/avoidance/immunity over raw hp but I'll try to give it a bit more with the next few levels (still got 7 points till I reach lvl 100)

Annoint will be 'whispers of doom'. I am prepared to loose hp here to get frostbite and ele weakness on hit.

The 'molten shell' suggestion is good, thx!

lower path to charisma: great idea. But I am planning with the jewel socket on the right side. I'll move the forbidden flame (it is currently in the unnatural instinct spot) and make room for unnatural instinct. Otherwise I am one jewel socket short.

cold res/wise oak: yep, but it doesn't affect defense much and offense is good already. need to fix this though.(ideally have lightning and fire at the same number afaik)

so, for defense upgrades:

1.) ~40% increased life

2.) Molten Shell (problem with guard skills: you gotta first survive the big hit before you can enjoy the guard skill for a very short time :P)

Again, thank you very much !

Rando guy here, letting you know now that Whispers of Doom is definitely a cool idea and I also considered it but it loses to Panopticon if you were looking to push your dps without regards for survivability. If you were to use Vaal Ancestral Warchief and allocate Panopticon which uses Verdant, Indigo and Opalescent you can save some money that you can use for something else.

As for the missing jewel socket, once you afford to drop it, it's possible to drop the Pure Talent jewel and the point connecting to the Scion and use those points to replace the endurance charges instead with a Megalomaniac with Force Multiplier and Cold to the Core [Only do this if you've fixed the dying to everything problem though]

You can take a look at my PoB but Velyna's is miles better for you since the dps is where you like it and are only dealing with deaths now.

https://pastebin.com/pPPHK8Nz

Like Velyna said as well, Arrow Dancing is preference but when I tried it, It felt better to have melee evade since melee is what hurts the most for mine. Acrobatics give better Ehp and you can easily grab it by dropping that one mana node you have and the arrow dancing to reach it and give it a try.

Lemme know how your build goes since I'm interested in seeing how other peeps push their dps to see if I can copy em.
GGG please allow Flicker Strike on Hollow Palm
thx Erseii, really appreciate the time and effort you put into helping me. I'll report back in maybe a week to let you know how it's going.

edit:

ouch...

― Christopher Hitchens
Last edited by Antigegner on May 26, 2022, 12:31:29 AM
how are we generating frenzy charges?
Way of the poacher ascendancy. 20% chance on kill, 20% chance on rare/unique hit.
Hi Velyna,

Thank you for this guide. I followed your Storm Brand in 3.16 and it was great. I am following your Ice Crash for 3.18 and it's absolutely wonderful and fun. I had a question.. Would it be wise to take Iron Reflexes for more armor or would cutting out Evasion completely be a bad choice? I am saving up for the cluster jewels so I have these extra points and I figure stacking some more Armor would be a good choice for me. Let me know what you think or if any others can provide any insight. Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info