[3.20] ❄️❄️ Velyna's Hollow Palm Ice Crash ❄️ ❄️ Leaguestart Section | Hidden and Feared Viable

"
nismov2 wrote:
Hi Velyna,

Thank you for this guide. I followed your Storm Brand in 3.16 and it was great. I am following your Ice Crash for 3.18 and it's absolutely wonderful and fun. I had a question.. Would it be wise to take Iron Reflexes for more armor or would cutting out Evasion completely be a bad choice? I am saving up for the cluster jewels so I have these extra points and I figure stacking some more Armor would be a good choice for me. Let me know what you think or if any others can provide any insight. Thank you!

I wouldn't recommend it, the downside is really bad for us.
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
"
Velyna wrote:
"
nismov2 wrote:
Hi Velyna,

Thank you for this guide. I followed your Storm Brand in 3.16 and it was great. I am following your Ice Crash for 3.18 and it's absolutely wonderful and fun. I had a question.. Would it be wise to take Iron Reflexes for more armor or would cutting out Evasion completely be a bad choice? I am saving up for the cluster jewels so I have these extra points and I figure stacking some more Armor would be a good choice for me. Let me know what you think or if any others can provide any insight. Thank you!

I wouldn't recommend it, the downside is really bad for us.

Ah I see. Thank you for the reply!
Could I get some advice on what to upgrade next? I have about 4-5 ex to play with. I was thinking either going for a Watcher's Eye and Brutal Restraint -- or trying to get my cold res to be the highest uncapped.

My damage seems to be OK for T15s, survivability is a bit low though.

Char: Slix
Last edited by Phaenix on May 31, 2022, 3:03:23 PM
"
nismov2 wrote:
Hi Velyna,

Yeah most of the people I see with iron reflexes are high in levels and use their spare points for some armor but it wouldn't really be that feasible for normal players
GGG please allow Flicker Strike on Hollow Palm
"
Phaenix wrote:
Could I get some advice on what to upgrade next? I have about 4-5 ex to play with. I was thinking either going for a Watcher's Eye and Brutal Restraint -- or trying to get my cold res to be the highest uncapped.

My damage seems to be OK for T15s, survivability is a bit low though.

Char: Slix

Play around with things in Path of Building to see what will give you the biggest DPS increase, but here are some general tips that are on the cheaper side that should see big benefits

Remove your rotgut, replace with regular quicksilver. It consumes your frenzy charges, yes its not that hard to get them back, but youre losing evasion rating and movement speed when you dont have them.
Remove two nodes somehwere (balilistics and maybe crystal skin?) to get savagery in bottom left.. Extra frenzy charges will be your highest DPS increase.
Reroll your brutal restraint, you want 5% dex, or 5% physical as cold. Preferably multiple of these nodes.
Get a 15% attribute increase cyclopean coil
Apply instrinsic catalysts to all your jewels/belt, you are missing out on a massive amount of stats. With the 15% attribute cyclopean, and 20% quality fromintrinsic catalyst, it gives 18% total attribute increase.
Roll a new ring using sorrow essence. It should take less than 10-20 rolls to get a far superior ring than what you have at the moment. Use harvest crafts if needed to swap high tier resistance.
This is probably one of the easiest to gear, and most fun builds ive played since starting PoE, so thanks Velyna for putting it together.

I still need to optimize my build a little bit to squeeze out the last bits of DPS. Slightly better rings and making a custom amulet.

One minor change i made that gave a massive DPS boost is replacing the small enduring composure cluster jewel with a megalomaniac. I think this would be a good option, even if you want to keep enduring composure. There are a few combos ive seen that can provide additional health and damage, though its harder finding a megalomaniac with enduring composure, and two other useful passives.

I felt for what im farming, the build is plenty tanky enough, and passed on the enduring composure, getting a megalomaniac with Blizzard caller, insatiable killer, and martial momentum. This combo gave about 1 million extra DPS, at the cost of endurance charges, and about 200 max life. Im still sitting at 5300 HP, so it still feels really solid.
"
SirChesticles wrote:
This is probably one of the easiest to gear, and most fun builds ive played since starting PoE, so thanks Velyna for putting it together.

Awesome! Glad you enjoyed :)
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
Loved the build, managed to kill most uber bosses with it (uber syrus was a pain) and it was quite fun to play with, mapping felt quite good and something I would like to add is that you should get a dancing dervish with cyclone -cullingstrike - inc AOE weapon swap for mapping (free rampage) and to cull bosses; to go for an easy weapon swap you could equip a 2h with a high int requirement as it counts as being unencumbered for HP.
Last edited by jonhy64 on Jun 6, 2022, 11:44:17 PM
Leveling at the moment but why Determination as an aura?
Hey, I started this league 1 or two weeks ago and I've arrived at tier 16 maps. I am able to kill majority of the bosses/mobs pretty easily, but sometimes the rare mobs or harvest mobs kill me in a few seconds. What adjustments can I do to my build?
I am aware I am missing a lot of the jewels because most of them are quite expensive and I recently acquired the chestplate for all my currency.

I haven't played since heist so I am not too up to date with the newer leagues since.
Last edited by Gostteam on Jun 19, 2022, 8:19:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info