[3.18 suspended] Blast from the Past. KB/PS Int Stack Wander King. Speed meta 18K ES, 20m+ dps

I'm stuck between Occultist & Assassin, could anyone lend some advice on which would be best. Thanks
"
travisiscool wrote:
I'm stuck between Occultist & Assassin, could anyone lend some advice on which would be best. Thanks

I have played both Versions a bunch and for this league I decided on going with Occultist, the way I see it Assassin has a bit better DPS and MS, wheras Occultist offers QoL and Defenses.

Occultist gives:

Chaos Explosions, which interacts nicely with the league mechanic

Stun Immunity (always nice to have)

A free second curse

Even at a pretty high level of investment (I am now at over 100ex invested even exluding the Headhunter) switching to Assassin in PoB doesn‘t provide a huge benefit yet, and I feel like at some point Scion is gonna win out over both anyways.

However fair warning, this build feels pretty rough at times, even when compared to how it felt previous leagues.
Thank you so much for the info! I love the stun immunity & second curse, I just feel like some bosses my damage lacks with elemental resist & most guardians.
"
travisiscool wrote:
Thank you so much for the info! I love the stun immunity & second curse, I just feel like some bosses my damage lacks with elemental resist & most guardians.

In my experience it started feeling nice around the 5.5M DPS mark, which for me I reached after I got a nice bottled faith, a decent Watcher‘s Eye, T2+ Int on all pieces and a fully crafted wand,

Looking at your character, some pointers, apologies for being a bit intrusive here:

1: Your Energy From Within seems to be doing relatively little, I would either swap it with another Jewel or at least allocate the life nodes next to it, it is also a relatively good spot for a lethal pride if you can find a nice one (mine for example has 5% double damage, 20% fire res and 5% fortify effect on the nodes, but this is not the easiest to hit)

2: You have both conductivity as on your ring and in your arcanist brand setup, you can get some decent amount of dps by pathing into whispers of doom and putting an ele weakness as a third curse if you are son inclinde.

3: Unless I‘m misreading the situation Wise Oak is probably not doing much for you, unless you are massively overcapped on lightning res, since Dying Sun will overwrite the Fire Res.

4: With the Nerf to Movement Skills in general Shield Charge + Fortify is a huge QoL, I found I often died to bosses if I relied on Flame Dash like I used to since the CD is so long. I put the portal gem into my weapon swap, which freed up enough slots to have Flame Dash unlinked in my Wand and the full fortify setup in my shield.

5: Onslaught and Tailwind are both big DPS boosts, as is the Flat Lightning Lab enchant, all three are decent QoL against bosses.

6: Personal Preference but I really like having a curse cluster with Evil Eye, which provides access to blind, I found that I would often get shotgunned by random mobs without it. On that note: Phasing is also a lot of QoL, as is rolling the „of Heat“ Flask with trigger on Freeze (as I dont think the Strongbox freeze actually chills and manually flasking in the middle of 3 packs of mobs can be a bit of a pain).

Again sorry for the wall of text, I was just stuck without access to PoB and thought I would take a look.
No thank you greatly for the input I'm such a goof I forgot I removed those life nodes! I will swap out the EfW jewel, I'm sitting at 12k ES so I could lose a little for damage. I'll swap to shield charge+fortify.

My next level I'll take whisper of doom, I'm sure the elemental weakness will be huge on top of conductivity.

My lightning resist is currently my highest I've been testing out flask I just can't afford a bottle faith at the moment since I took a loan to buy my chest.

I hope to eventually get some onslaught / tailwind boots but time will tell, Thanks again for the helpful input.
I think I wrote this poorly regarding the flask:

Dying Sun gives 50% Fire Resistance when active, which would put Wise Oak on Fire unless your uncapped Lightning Res is 50% higher than the Fire Resistance, though this might be fine depending on how you use your flasks. I would still look into how much DPS a Silver Flask adds compared to either of the unique flasks, I remember them being somewhat comparable but I might be totally stupid.
"
I think I wrote this poorly regarding the flask:

Dying Sun gives 50% Fire Resistance when active, which would put Wise Oak on Fire unless your uncapped Lightning Res is 50% higher than the Fire Resistance, though this might be fine depending on how you use your flasks. I would still look into how much DPS a Silver Flask adds compared to either of the unique flasks, I remember them being somewhat comparable but I might be totally stupid.

I swapped out wise oak for a silver flask, with the dying sun + Wise oak my fire res was 40 over lightning. I picked up whispering doom I really want to find a lethal pride but it's a pain in the butt and I'm short on divine orbs.

I'm stuck between which one to use:
vs
Last edited by travisiscool on Aug 7, 2021, 7:31:44 PM
I know it's stated on page 1 that around 60ex gets you going on this build, but with the current lack of playerbase and somewhat limited gearing options has this changed at all?

Would cashing out of a decent build and spending 120ish ex here equate to something that could do all content reasonably well?
Anyone able to help me out.

I think i'm pretty decently geared but my damage still seems on the lower end. What do you think my next upgrade should be?
Heya there! Doing realy nicely, but i just cant kill tier 14-16 bosses. But i can clear realy fast maps whitout killing bossing. any tips to change things? playing atm kinetic blast with pierce

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info