[3.10] Max Block Storm Brand Ascendant: Budget Friendly, Ultra Tanky, Fast Mapper, Deathless Sirus 8

"
Having a ton of fun with this build at lvl80. Bit squishy tho and I'm not sure I've really figured out the mechanics of casting brand then recalling at the right time.

Step 1 : Bind Brand Recall on left click so it will "autocast" brand recall when you move.

Step 2 : Enter the map and summon 1-2 brands

Step 3 : Summon a few more once you get mana back from your first kills

Dont forget your loots as you zoom in :)
"
Ceclies wrote:
"
ive beaten wave 20 a couple times already on this build. It’s pretty easy, although you can die in the higher stages like 18 if you get stuck. Although I fixed that easily with a phasing jewel in my Stygian.

I tried simulacrum again and got to wave 20. Went through 1-17 pretty smoothly but wave 18 was when it really ramped up. Died when Kosis had 1/3 health. I might've been able to clear it if I had a better flask setup. An enduring mana flask would've helped me tremendously since most of the times that I died because I was unable to put out brands (for some reason they expired really quick but that could have been due to my lack of damage) due to mana issues.

Due to how high our mana is, I personally didn't find enduring mana flask help with mana regen that immensely when it's active (I also logged it into POB, my build mana regen is 573/s, enduring mana flask with 20% quality restores 216/s for 5s, not negligible, but doesn't feel like mana potion in other games either).

Regen mana in Archmage builds are usually about regen, mana gain on kill, mana gain on block (for this build), and mana gain as #% of damage taken (Battle Rouse, a cheap clarity Watcher's eye).
https://pastebin.com/Us08qtEG with 48 ele pen
pob wrong calc watcher's eye clarity effect. ES 4882
I don’t know what to do next... uber lab run...
Last edited by WhiteWolf6666 on Apr 25, 2020, 6:08:12 PM
I am playing this build for 3 days and it has been fantastic so far. There are a lot of rooms for min-maxing too which is great.

I did multiple wave 20 simulacrums deathless, just make sure that you have more than 3 brand before the wave, especially wave 17 and beyond, and you wont be swarmed by the mobs.

I am still saving for my double Clarity Watcher Eye and a double corrupted Cloak of Defiance.

"
WhiteWolf6666 wrote:
https://pastebin.com/QaAuPEnE

You have enough money for that Watchers and Unnatural, so upgrading to awakened gems should not be too much of a strain.
Did you not Blessed you Atziri to max?
You can lvl some more and get another jewel socket.
"
Gothic90 wrote:
"
Ceclies wrote:
"
ive beaten wave 20 a couple times already on this build. It’s pretty easy, although you can die in the higher stages like 18 if you get stuck. Although I fixed that easily with a phasing jewel in my Stygian.

I tried simulacrum again and got to wave 20. Went through 1-17 pretty smoothly but wave 18 was when it really ramped up. Died when Kosis had 1/3 health. I might've been able to clear it if I had a better flask setup. An enduring mana flask would've helped me tremendously since most of the times that I died because I was unable to put out brands (for some reason they expired really quick but that could have been due to my lack of damage) due to mana issues.

Due to how high our mana is, I personally didn't find enduring mana flask help with mana regen that immensely when it's active (I also logged it into POB, my build mana regen is 573/s, enduring mana flask with 20% quality restores 216/s for 5s, not negligible, but doesn't feel like mana potion in other games either).

Regen mana in Archmage builds are usually about regen, mana gain on kill, mana gain on block (for this build), and mana gain as #% of damage taken (Battle Rouse, a cheap clarity Watcher's eye).

Mana potion also gets a free curse removal due to Cursed Concoction
"
Ex0rt_ wrote:
"
WhiteWolf6666 wrote:
https://pastebin.com/QaAuPEnE

You have enough money for that Watchers and Unnatural, so upgrading to awakened gems should not be too much of a strain.
Did you not Blessed you Atziri to max?
You can lvl some more and get another jewel socket.

Сompletely forgot about upgrading to awakened gems, Thx! and i edit Pob/add Bottled Faith) and set ele pen to -48
"
lendive wrote:
"
Having a ton of fun with this build at lvl80. Bit squishy tho and I'm not sure I've really figured out the mechanics of casting brand then recalling at the right time.

Step 1 : Bind Brand Recall on left click so it will "autocast" brand recall when you move.

Interesting! I'll definitely try that. What about for bossing though, don't you want the brands to stick?

I seem to be getting one-shotted pretty often too... is that because of lack of chaos res? Or something else? I looked at PoB for my build vs. OP, looks like defenses are somewhat comparable (besides my lightning and chaos res) but damage is hugely different. So should I focus on increasing my dps?
"
saxisa wrote:
"
lendive wrote:
"

Interesting! I'll definitely try that. What about for bossing though, don't you want the brands to stick?

I seem to be getting one-shotted pretty often too... is that because of lack of chaos res? Or something else? I looked at PoB for my build vs. OP, looks like defenses are somewhat comparable (besides my lightning and chaos res) but damage is hugely different. So should I focus on increasing my dps?

According to your PoB (imported from your character)

Mainly
Rez isn't capped

No Doriyani's for extra ES.
Block isn't as high as it could be.

The first two are probably why you are dying the most.

Damage looks fine. I'm sitting about there myself and chilling

Idk about the flame dash variant. But assuming u enter the map -> Brand recall->Wave of conviction or vice versa. If you need to set up brands just set them up. Have two rolling in pure single target, more if otherwise, and cycle Brand Recall/Wave of Conviction while just running around with shield charge.

Last edited by Evrogue on Apr 25, 2020, 11:49:14 PM
"
Evrogue wrote:

Mainly
Rez isn't capped

No Doriyani's for extra ES.
Block isn't as high as it could be.

Sorry, what Doriyani's? Workin on the res....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info