[3.10] Max Block Storm Brand Ascendant: Budget Friendly, Ultra Tanky, Fast Mapper, Deathless Sirus 8

"
Purplemonger wrote:
Anyone familiar with the build that would be able to help me advance a bit? I am able to do most content. Still working on getting every watchstone, at about 25, however I'm only at 2900 life and 1542 ES so while I survive most hits I feel a bit squishy. Also some bosses die relatively slow.

https://pastebin.com/MFhWXjAp

Thanks a ton! Also that is my first time making a PoB and posting via pastebin let me know if I'm missing anything.

I believe one problem you have is your glorius vanity is "sacrificed in the name of Zerphi" and it needs to be "sacrificed in the name of Doryani"

"
I tested with a couple of jewels with copying into PoB first and it saved me some major headache. I had two with Paralysis in the 2nd slot. The first one didn't work since Paralysis was the first node to the left. Second one, where the order of the skills on the jewel was the same had a different order (the one we want for the build).

Both Jewels were the same but were different in the tree? Really?

After further testing I had come to the conclusion that the layout gets messed up if the third skill is either Sadist, Vengeful Commander or Corrosive Elements.
Wow good catch. Thanks!
Hi! After 5 90s this league I started trying out other players builds that are out of my normal gameplay. This one interested me the most. Im currently level 87 and am able to do all T16 corrupted maps I have encountered so far. I wanted to give you some of my findings thus far:

Elemental Reflect:

Sybils Lament ring can be hotswapped in replace of Dream Fragments to allow you to run Ele Reflect maps with relative ease. I usually keep one on me in my inventory for those rainy day maps, effectively preventing 80% of the reflect damage weve taken.

Jewels- Medium Cluster

Brand Loyalty vs Rune Seeker
Brand Loyalty is a great passive, however since you only get 2 attachments, this means that your only getting 20% attachment + 10% increased damage. If you go Runeseeker + Grand Design you end up with Exponentially more Brand Attachment range + 15% increased damage each jewel. 20% Base attachment + increase per second, my brands are attaching to things before I even see them on screen.

Holy Conquest
5% Movement Speed + 20% Damage + 10% activation frequency
The movement has many benifiets that we can take advantage of other than purely map speed time. This node is a great alternative if you cannot get Seeker Runes or Brand Loyalty

Glorius Vanity - Doryani
I noticed that the node "Arcanist Dominion" gets transformed into Ritual of Shadows (28% Chaos Damage + 25% chance to inflicted Withered for 2 seconds on hit). Because of this, I feel that Atziri's Promise Amethyst Flask becomes a great flask of choice as it converts some of our elemental damage into chaos as extra chaos and then gives us 2% chaos leach + that sought after 35% chaos resist. It is a 2 use flask making it a viable healing potion

Movement Skill and Weapon Choice -
I opted to go with a dagger instead of a wand. There are a number of advantages of both routes taken. With a wand you have access to spellslinger blood magic to auto cast.

With a dagger, you have some base crit at the cost of spell damage, however this gives you access to Charged Dash. Since this is an attack and based off movement speed, using a dual movement flask or quicksilver flask ensures its fast enough to use for movement. This allso allows you to use Fortify on a lightning based attack, taking more benifiet in the element were already putting investment into.

These are just observations I have personally made on my way towards 100 with this character. Thus far I can say I have enjoyed the build and definitely see potential for this to take me all the way to 100 no problems. Hopefully this info helps others! Thanks for the build setup =)

"
vexray wrote:

Glorius Vanity - Doryani
I noticed that the node "Arcanist Dominion" gets transformed into Ritual of Shadows (28% Chaos Damage + 25% chance to inflicted Withered for 2 seconds on hit). Because of this, I feel that Atziri's Promise Amethyst Flask becomes a great flask of choice as it converts some of our elemental damage into chaos as extra chaos and then gives us 2% chaos leach + that sought after 35% chaos resist. It is a 2 use flask making it a viable healing potion

What Arcanist Dominion gets changed into is based on the seed of your jewel (the number "bathed in blood"). There is a set of 40 or so nodes that can appear.
This is the 3rd build ive taken end game this league and my favorite so far, all played to 95. I have a facebreaker's impale champ and power siphon/kb assassin wander. Started with cyclone and pumped around 40ex into the assassin. Cyclone has insane single target but is slow/clunky feeling for me. Power siphon was stupid fast with poison sextant mod but was still very squishy and I kept getting one shotted. I think block best fits my play style as there is room for player error.

This was pretty cheap to get up and running and mapping for only a few ex. I was able to clear a t15 at level 74 with some decent maps mods. Took a bit to kill the boss but was tanky enough handle it. This is the gear I'm using right now, able to deathless sirus awakening 8. Done everything but uber atziri(havent gotten to it) with this and no issues. Getting phasing helped out a lot for delirium and simulacrum. Most of my deaths have been from getting stunned and stuck in one place. Played around with the cluster jewels. Stormchanger helps with ES leech and more lightning penetration. Playing around with seeker runes instead of 3x brand loyalty as half my brands just seem to chill on the ground.

Last edited by AlazarSchmelvin on Apr 24, 2020, 6:24:33 PM
"
Influx wrote:
"
Ceclies wrote:

Currently sitting on 2.5k life, 2.4k ES, and 5.5k mana. I'm pretty sure it'll be easier once I get the "trigger socketed spell" enchant but unveiled equipment has been hard to come by. I'm getting by with CWDT + bone offering but I'm pretty sure it's not even comparable to when you have the enchant.

The enchantment is really core and even better when we use phase run. So definitely work on that. In your cwdt taken setup you can still use desecrate (can't you? Not sure about that).

- Look for helm with 21%, its around 30c
- Look for 6L Cloak, maybe 2 ex? You could buy a bad rolled-one and divine it
- Make your Mana Flask enduring
- Use Blessed Orbs to get max implicits, not a big boost but also very low investment
- I guess you want to 20% your arcane surge? Because it should be in sync with the mana cost of brand recall to trigger on every cast. With a level 6 brand recall this would mean level 13 arcane surge.
- Get a better Atziri's. Don't worry about the implicit mana reg, you can change that with blessed orbs. Try to get 24% mana and as much explicit manareg as possible.
- I would say, that your gear overall could use improvements. Look for a good belt (high life roll like leather belt with 90+ explicit life --> resists --> mana), ring (resists --> mana/life) and use catalysts (belt -> life/mana, ring -> resists). A good abyssal would be better of course, but will also be much more expensive.
- don't link flame dash to inc duration. No benefit but mana cost goes up.

All valid and much appreciated pointers! I've made some adjustments to my gear and found out that I didn't need my glove for max res. Currently doing some testing with a void bringer glove. Still have yet to get a 6L cloak of defiance and the veiled enchants though. Is there an easier way to get this enchant?

I'm also confused on how one would potentially get up to 2.5mil per brand. In POB, it seems that I'm doing roughly 180k and the dps difference is staggering but then again I'm new to POB and could have wrong settings.
"
Ceclies wrote:
"
Influx wrote:
"
Ceclies wrote:

Currently sitting on 2.5k life, 2.4k ES, and 5.5k mana. I'm pretty sure it'll be easier once I get the "trigger socketed spell" enchant but unveiled equipment has been hard to come by. I'm getting by with CWDT + bone offering but I'm pretty sure it's not even comparable to when you have the enchant.

The enchantment is really core and even better when we use phase run. So definitely work on that. In your cwdt taken setup you can still use desecrate (can't you? Not sure about that).

- Look for helm with 21%, its around 30c
- Look for 6L Cloak, maybe 2 ex? You could buy a bad rolled-one and divine it
- Make your Mana Flask enduring
- Use Blessed Orbs to get max implicits, not a big boost but also very low investment
- I guess you want to 20% your arcane surge? Because it should be in sync with the mana cost of brand recall to trigger on every cast. With a level 6 brand recall this would mean level 13 arcane surge.
- Get a better Atziri's. Don't worry about the implicit mana reg, you can change that with blessed orbs. Try to get 24% mana and as much explicit manareg as possible.
- I would say, that your gear overall could use improvements. Look for a good belt (high life roll like leather belt with 90+ explicit life --> resists --> mana), ring (resists --> mana/life) and use catalysts (belt -> life/mana, ring -> resists). A good abyssal would be better of course, but will also be much more expensive.
- don't link flame dash to inc duration. No benefit but mana cost goes up.

All valid and much appreciated pointers! I've made some adjustments to my gear and found out that I didn't need my glove for max res. Currently doing some testing with a void bringer glove. Still have yet to get a 6L cloak of defiance and the veiled enchants though. Is there an easier way to get this enchant?

I'm also confused on how one would potentially get up to 2.5mil per brand. In POB, it seems that I'm doing roughly 180k and the dps difference is staggering but then again I'm new to POB and could have wrong settings.

If you have a base to put the enchant on, hit me up ingame, can enchant it for you.

I got a Glorious Vanity that gives 5% spell block on the Arcanist Dominion Node, which brings me to 67/68 or alternatively 72/63 unflasked. It even switched the Quick recovery node to the same, meaning I could get another 5% for 67/73 or 72/68 without flask.
"
Ceclies wrote:

Currently doing some testing with a void bringer glove. Still have yet to get a 6L cloak of defiance and the veiled enchants though. Is there an easier way to get this enchant?

I also replaced one of my rares as i cap res (except chaos).
On my mind (late game min max thinking), Voidbringer is a bit lackluster in the dmg compared to the other unique options. The most interesting mod is the ES on Kill, more offensive version of Doryani's. Rare with high life, ES, Mana and chaos res are much better for survivability though as most dangerous are oneshots mostly in combination with chaos damage. Also we have enought leech and on block gained to sustain ES at the end.
I would suggest Essence Worm + Wrath or Omeyocan. I use the latter as it also comes with a 20% Dodge for Spell and Atk, max Mana, MS and onslaught. Might even be the BiS Boots.

2.5m is with different gem setup and fully flask buffed with all debuffs on enemy.

Most important options are Wave of Conviction on Lightning exposure and 2 brands on enemy. Those more than tripple my damage. But 6l should be highest priority as it will also nearly double your dmg.

Also you can ask others for the Trigger enchant, even in global or via party.
Many in this thread, including me, also have it.
Last edited by Ex0rt_ on Apr 24, 2020, 7:26:08 PM
04/24 Update:

Crit Variant POB from NGA Forum: https://pastebin.com/4E6WiSVe

5 million per Brand when using Bottled Faith and Diamond Flask, loses 15% EHP which is not a huge deal with a build this tanky.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info