[3.13] The most exquisite CoC | Deals damage 'n stuff | 's pretty okay | ShillShill

"
Ragnarok37 wrote:
For anyone trying out this build, harvest is a really good league for crafting yourself a decent blade for 'cheap' (~10ex).

You can follow these steps:

1) Get a shaped Exquisite Blade (~10c). The best ilvls for it seem to be 77 or 84 (the first unlocks the highest tier attack speed mod, the later unlocks maximum charge mods).

2) Reroll it with alts + augments until you get at least 1 desirable suffix and 1 desirable OR harvest removable mod. Desirable options include crit chance, fortify on movement, maximum charges, AS, AS/DD or anything else listed in the first example post. Removable mods include things like physical/elemental damage, resists or anything else that has a tag that can be removed via harvest crafting and is NOT crit, attack or speed.

You do not need the cast-on-crit modifier at this point! If you get it along with a good mod anyhow, you can proceed crafting as usual. Otherwise we'll get this mod via harvest soon enough.

3) Once you have such an item, upgrade it to rare with a regal orb. I would only bother with an imprint at this point if you have 2 excellent mods (e.g. fortify on movement + t1 attack/DD).

You now have a 3 mod item. If at least 2 out of the 3 are desirable and the last one is removable, you're done. Otherwise, scour the item and start again at step 2.

4) Assuming you got a 2 desirable and 1 removable mod, just remove the bad mod through the garden and you'll be left with a 2 suffix rare.

5) Craft 'Can have up to 3 crafted modifiers' on the weapon. Your suffix slots are now all full.

6) Take a look at the PoEDB page for two handed swords. You'll notice that there is only one 'critical' modifier available as a prefix on our shaper influenced weapon - Cast on Crit! Buy yourself an augment (they cost around 1.5ex at the time of this post) and get that done with.
(Make sure you blocked your last suffix slot with the multicraft mod first!!!!)

7) Finish off the craft by adding +2 level of socketed support gems, spell + non-chaos to chaos and 6Ling.

8) Expected cost is ~2-3ex for linking, 1.5ex for the harvest crit slam, 5ex for the crafted mods and <1ex for the initial blade and alts, for a total of ~10ex.

Hopefully this helps some of you craft their blades.

This is such a good post. Thank you a lot for posting it!

I have not gone into Harvest crafting myself but that really is an excellent addition; thank you!
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
StevRising wrote:
Hello, currently this build is viable in the Harvester league, the items that show recommended are quite impossible to get. You think that with less set it can go well or it does not show its potential to invest enough Exalted, by the way it looks incredible.

Hey!

I am having a bit of trouble understanding what you are asking?

It seems like you want to know if the build is viable with less investment?

That is hard to answer honestly, because 'viable' means something else for everyone. I think though that this is a high investment build.
It is a low life build with a Shavs with a two-handed weapon - that means it can't get a lot of ES from a shield nor from its armor. That means it has to get the ES and survivability from other sources and items; mainly really good jewellery and a Watcher's Eye with ES on Hit.

If you do not have that stuff the build will feel really squishy and bad. Damage won't ever be an issue; but I think it has not very good suvivability without a fairly chunky baseline investment.

I hope that helps you to deceide when and if you want to start the build! :) Thank you for checking it out!

In the end I decided to play this build, my profile is public I do not know if you can take a look since I have invested a lot of currency and I do not know what is happening or if I am doing something wrong, but in many situations I feel lack of damage and I die a lot, likewise thank you very much.
Hi StevRising, I took a look at your profile. I see you don't have crit on your weapon. Are you 100% crit capped on your cyclone? Also make sure your accuracy rating is 2.8k+ which would get you to 100% hit chance. Also make sure your attack per second is close to 12.12 without going over. I have tailwind on my boots which pushes it close.

Check my profile. It's public. I am able to kill Sirius A8 last phase under 15 sec. I do double simulacrum bosses under 5 sec with Vaal RF.

I use a Jade flask and Elusive on crit for defense and it works ok. Sometimes I pop vaal discipline at boss at end of map. I rarely die but still die occasionally.

Only things I can improve now is get more attackspeed and cooldown reduction for 15aps breakpoint and boot enchant with elemental penetration. And also additional curse with Chayula which is an end league goal.
So I've decided slightly improve my sword and end up with this bad boy
"
StevRising wrote:

In the end I decided to play this build, my profile is public I do not know if you can take a look since I have invested a lot of currency and I do not know what is happening or if I am doing something wrong, but in many situations I feel lack of damage and I die a lot, likewise thank you very much.

Hey! No worries; we will be able to sort that out.

I think I need to make it more clear in the guide; but what is basically the first 'stop' for the build is to make sure you are both hit and crit-capped. If you are missing attacks or not critting the damage will not happen and it will feel pretty bad.
Not hitting or not triggering a spell on a hit/crit will also make you miss out on a spellhit which in turn lets you get no ES from a Watchers Eye.

I think your first priority should be to get that stuff sorted. A hatred crit Watchers Eye, Crit on the Sword and a Bottled Faith are the main stops to look at for crit. I think to cap crit you only need two of those three things.

Accuracy can be gotten in multiple ways: From leveling up precision (kinda obvious), it can be found on rings, on the abyss jewel, on jewels in general and also every point of intelligence or dexterity will help you out.

For suviveability I can further recommed moonstone rings with crusader influence. Getting a lot of ES with %ES on top really helps push this build past 8 or 9k ES.

Lastly the fortiy with a movementability roll on the sword is often a bit overlooked; but it is really, really strong and will lead to having fortify up all the time. But don't go for it if your crit would suffer.
"
skiminok1989 wrote:
So I've decided slightly improve my sword and end up with this bad boy

Dude.

Wtf man.
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:

Hey! No worries; we will be able to sort that out.

I think I need to make it more clear in the guide; but what is basically the first 'stop' for the build is to make sure you are both hit and crit-capped. If you are missing attacks or not critting the damage will not happen and it will feel pretty bad.
Not hitting or not triggering a spell on a hit/crit will also make you miss out on a spellhit which in turn lets you get no ES from a Watchers Eye.

I think your first priority should be to get that stuff sorted. A hatred crit Watchers Eye, Crit on the Sword and a Bottled Faith are the main stops to look at for crit. I think to cap crit you only need two of those three things.

Accuracy can be gotten in multiple ways: From leveling up precision (kinda obvious), it can be found on rings, on the abyss jewel, on jewels in general and also every point of intelligence or dexterity will help you out.

For suviveability I can further recommed moonstone rings with crusader influence. Getting a lot of ES with %ES on top really helps push this build past 8 or 9k ES.

Lastly the fortiy with a movementability roll on the sword is often a bit overlooked; but it is really, really strong and will lead to having fortify up all the time. But don't go for it if your crit would suffer.

Hello, I was looking at my equipment but on the character screen I did not reach 100% Crit-Chance only at 44.68% I do not know if these numbers are interpreted differently, I am not a very experienced player and path of building overwhelms me. I do not know if it is too much to ask for a link to a (Path-of-Building) where I can import my character and see this more easily, also since I bought the Sulfur-Flask potion I am holding much more than before.
"
StevRising wrote:

Hello, I was looking at my equipment but on the character screen I did not reach 100% Crit-Chance only at 44.68% I do not know if these numbers are interpreted differently, I am not a very experienced player and path of building overwhelms me. I do not know if it is too much to ask for a link to a (Path-of-Building) where I can import my character and see this more easily, also since I bought the Sulfur-Flask potion I am holding much more than before.

Heya,

Yeah haha wow. As a beginner you have really choosen a difficult build to get into the game. On the flipside you will propably learn a lot!

The characterscreen is neat; but it doesnt tell the whole picture. The characterscreen gives you all the information pertaining to your character.
There are, however, a lot of effects in the game that affect the enemy you are about to hit. Like consecrated ground or curses. Those do not show up on your charater screen since, well, they have nothing to do with your character but with the enemies you are about to hit.

That is where PoB comes into play since that shows you all possible modifiers and lets you check against which target you hit, and which stuff affects those targets.

If you google for PoB and its community branch you will find that information really quick as well as installation instructions. Once you set all of that up you can load your own character and the pob from this build to check how it is set up. Once you did all that you can see where your critchance is actually at.

You can also compare it to my character and work things out from there.

I would play around with that and get used to it; if you still have questions or if things are a bit much for you do not hesitate to ask! :)

All the best!
So I've decided to craft ring that will boost my dps and will give me some es. End up with this one:

And yeah, I know that we don't need lightning and cold, so I'll remove it and replace with + res and +dex
"
skiminok1989 wrote:
So I've decided to craft ring that will boost my dps and will give me some es. End up with this one:

And yeah, I know that we don't need lightning and cold, so I'll remove it and replace with + res and +dex

Lighting and Cold are not wasted though. But yeah; attributes and resists are propably way better.
But man - harvest looks like such a good league for crafting. I wish I had time and energy to play it more haha.

Keep up the good work though! If nothing else this build can be a lot of fun to optimize for since it has a lot of nuts and bolts one can work on.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Jul 10, 2020, 1:57:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info