[3.10] neoCrown's Assassin Bow CoC VD [All content cleared][Deathless Simulacrums/U-Elder/Sirus]

Hey there! I was looking for a CoC VD bow build after I've acquired Asenath's Mark in SSF and a friendly redditor pointed me this way.

Since I'm playing SSF my item pool is a bit more limited, but I've managed to get neraly all of the uniques you're using in your build. There are 2 kinda crucial pieces that I'm missing - Circle of Anguish and Intuitive Leap.

Regarding the loss of Circle of Anguish I do see that it'll probably cost me a 1/3 of the DPS, but I guess I'll just have to bite that bullet until Zana blesses me with a lucky synthesis map, and that's okay. I'll try to put some rare ring in this slot for the time being or an Emberwake/Mokou's Embrace/Ngamahu's Sign.

But I'm not sure how to proceed around the fact that Intuitive Leap can't be that easily replaced. Do you have any suggestions what can I do without it? In the meantime all my Ancient Orbs are going towards the jewels.

I'm also currently missing Xoph's, but I've got 20sth Xoph's Breachstones so I hope one of them will turn out lucky!
First i want to say thank for the build , super fun , i had to get rid my herald stack character . Dps is good , clear is fast , but i feel squishy . here is my gear right now , i have 20-25 ex to spend right now

Last edited by mysboy6 on Apr 27, 2020, 2:43:38 PM
"
viray wrote:
Hey there! I was looking for a CoC VD bow build after I've acquired Asenath's Mark in SSF and a friendly redditor pointed me this way.

Since I'm playing SSF my item pool is a bit more limited, but I've managed to get neraly all of the uniques you're using in your build. There are 2 kinda crucial pieces that I'm missing - Circle of Anguish and Intuitive Leap.

Regarding the loss of Circle of Anguish I do see that it'll probably cost me a 1/3 of the DPS, but I guess I'll just have to bite that bullet until Zana blesses me with a lucky synthesis map, and that's okay. I'll try to put some rare ring in this slot for the time being or an Emberwake/Mokou's Embrace/Ngamahu's Sign.

But I'm not sure how to proceed around the fact that Intuitive Leap can't be that easily replaced. Do you have any suggestions what can I do without it? In the meantime all my Ancient Orbs are going towards the jewels.

I'm also currently missing Xoph's, but I've got 20sth Xoph's Breachstones so I hope one of them will turn out lucky!

Yup, a rare ring will be fine in place of the Circle of Anguish. An opal ring with fire damage rolls with the crafted increased damage would be a good substitute especially with turbulent catalysts on top of it.

If you are lacking the intuitive leap, you can just forgo the jewel socket and grab the Herbalism and Heartseeker nodes by pathing normally. You would have to sacrifice 2 out of 3 from Survivalist, Fervour, and Acuity. I suggest dropping the +1 frenzy node and Survivalist as you can fill in resists with your temporary rare ring. Some life nodes elsewhere would need to be gutted to place them through the path leading up to Herbalism but it should be an equal trade-off pointwise.

Build is certainly doable in SSF. Should be a fun process gearing slot by slot as the build gets noticeable power jumps with every upgrade.

All the best with your SSF journey.
"
mysboy6 wrote:
First i want to say thank for the build , super fun , i had to get rid my herald stack character . Dps is good , clear is fast , but i feel squishy . here is my gear right now , i have 20-25 ex to spend right now

Nice setup. I recommend getting rid of Snowforged and Fire and Cold damage node along with the intelligence nodes leading up to Instability. Path through Deep Wisdom instead. You will have 3 extra points for a jewel socket or for a small cluster jewel setup with Fettle in it.

The other recommendation is to start gearing for chaos resistance. If your aim is to farm Simulacrum, it is important to bring it up to positive values and eventually, convert to a Divine Flesh setup.

If that is not feasible, grab a Brutal Restraint Timeless Jewel in the name of Deshret (40 - 50c last time I checked), put it in the jewel socket near Pain Attunement and allocate the Wind Dancer notable. This is a very nice defensive boost.

Good luck.
I've been trying to optimize this build dmg wise as best I can, but have no idea where to go from here. POB doesn't show correct numbers so I'm at a loss as to whats an actual dps upgrade.

Currently my unbuffed dmg is 161k with buffs it goes beyond 600k on my sheet dps.

What do you think about upgrades from here?

This is my Ring swap if chaos res is an issue:

Nothign special, just a ring i bought that had str and chaos res since i needed both on swap.
Last edited by larcomstopher on Apr 28, 2020, 1:01:19 PM
So far I'm in love with this build even though my gear and level isn't optimal. Wonder what will be pros/cons if I switch to low life version?
Also, I got pretty good bow via chaos spam but it has neither +1 mods. Will I lose much damage by using it? I can craft +2 support or 10% elemental penetration on it.
Last edited by LupusSapiens on Apr 28, 2020, 7:38:12 AM
Or will it be better to craft prefix cannot be changed and then some good suffixes on this one?

Or maybe spend another 10ex trying to get perfect bow =D
I have found that the + abilities has been a huge dmg boost on my char. Not sure that will reflect for you though.
"
larcomstopher wrote:
I've been trying to optimize this build dmg wise as best I can, but have no idea where to go from here. POB doesn't show correct numbers so I'm at a loss as to whats an actual dps upgrade.

Currently my unbuffed dmg is 161k with buffs it goes beyond 600k on my sheet dps.

What do you think about upgrades from here?

This is my Ring swap if chaos res is an issue:

Nothign special, just a ring i bought that had str and chaos res since i needed both on swap.

You are pumping out insane damage already. If you still want to dish out more, grab a Fingerless silk glove Hunter base for the Unnerve enemies on hit mod.

If you do not want to change your glove, you can actually replace one of your Precise Commander/Quick Getaway medium jewel with a Curse version which has the Evil Eye/Master of Fear combo for a guaranteed Unnerve.

Apart from that, a good corruption on your Kaom's Heart is what I would look into as well.

Bear in mind that sheet dps does not include the Assassin Opportunistic buff and also other extra considerations such as penetration.
"
larcomstopher wrote:
I have found that the + abilities has been a huge dmg boost on my char. Not sure that will reflect for you though.

Yup, I sold a few +1 fire/+1 dex amulets since I have yet to craft a perfect version. The raw damage boost is very nice to have and I would invest into it if I was looking to dish out more damage. My focus at the moment is working on a budget version for next league start and trying to make it as defensive as possible for potential hardcore gameplay.

If I can make Divine Flesh work while also utilising gear for the +levels VD, that would be the most ideal outcome.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info