[3.15?] (Archived) Ball Lightning Miner | Facetank Sirus | Destroy All content

"
Ex0rt_ wrote:
How about annointing Adjacent Animosity? Is 10 % reduced projectile speed good enough? Would be 5 points for normal allocate. Would cap mines at 13 hits with only 41 % increased AoE.

Also as we have have nearly no chaos res, how good is the build vs chaos damage and esp. DoT?

Anybody has done Simulacrum with Kosis at 20? How does the build fare at last Simu waves?

That annoint sounds really good assuming the second part doesn't work with spells.

Dot damage isn't really a problem with this build if it doesn't 1shot you you insta regen. You can swap in an atziri flask to take you up 45 chaos res if you are gonna do a specific boss but you do dodge most things with this build and have a pretty big max pool.

I did many deathless wave 20 simulcrum in 3.10 pre nerfs. It can still be rippy on wave 18-20 as you can get real rippy damage mods that do unethical things when stacked on kosis or multiproj range mobs even killing harold builds. For farming wave 20 I recommend you use enduring composure small cluster jewel as endurance charges are good vs physical damage they do. Also helps to use rampage axe in your offhand for extra damage and movespeed to start every wave.
Some of the reworked cluster jewel notables are interesting for us.

Spiked Concoction
Old:
5% increased Attack and Cast Speed during any Flask Effect
Non-Unique Flasks applied to you have 10% increased Effect

New:
5% increased Attack and Cast Speed during any Flask Effect
Gain Alchemist's Genius when you use a Flask

(Alchemist's Genius grants 20% increased Flask Effect for 4 seconds, likely doesn't stack).

----

Liquid Inspiration:
Old:
15% increased maximum Mana
30% increased Mana Recovery from Flasks
5% increased Mana Recovery Rate during Effect of any Mana Flask

New:
15% increased maximum Mana
25% chance to gain a Power Charge when you use a Mana Flask
30% increased Mana Recovery from Flasks

---

Expert Sabotage
Old:
30% increased Mine Damage
Can have up to 2 additional Remote Mines placed at a time
Mines have 20% increased Detonation Speed

New:
Mines have 20% increased Detonation Speed
Mines have a 10% chance to be Detonated an Additional Time

I also think that lightning large cluster might be better than what'sin Remi's PoB now that we need area effect so we have two really good LCJ nodes (Widespread Destruction + Scintillating Idea). You can build this LCJ so that you can skip the back passive, e.g. with Supercharge as the 3rd passive.

Scintillating Idea:
20% increased maximum Mana
Damage Penetrates 5% Lightning Resistance

Widespread Destruction:
10% increased Area of Effect
20% increased Elemental Damage
this build looks really cool and i have been considering using it to league start. however, i'm torn between it and sabo BL miner. Does anyone know which of the two has higher damage scaling? is the scion much tougher than sabo, or are their defenses not too far apart? also, another reason i'm considering sabo is this league supposedly has really good crafting options and this scion build is pretty unique-heavy. curious if anyone else has thought about that. anyways thanks all
How much of the current gearing section of the build is still update to date for Harvest? As in reading through and comparing to the PoB, I noticed some changes such as no more Timeless Jewel, Thread of Hope added. Are there going to be changes to the main build page to reflect 3.11 patch notes aside from the updated PoB links, or is it more or less still as relevant? Don't want to have to keep checking the latest page of comments to find out what I should actually be doing with the build, to find I wasted currency going for something out of date. Thanks!

EDIT: Also, will the passive pathing section be updated before the league start to reflect the new PoB changes?

EDIT 2: Should we still be taking Shakari with the nerfs now? Would a poison immunity flask be better?
Last edited by Sigthorne on Jun 18, 2020, 7:20:54 PM
"
Sigthorne wrote:
How much of the current gearing section of the build is still update to date for Harvest? As in reading through and comparing to the PoB, I noticed some changes such as no more Timeless Jewel, Thread of Hope added. Are there going to be changes to the main build page to reflect 3.11 patch notes aside from the updated PoB links, or is it more or less still as relevant? Don't want to have to keep checking the latest page of comments to find out what I should actually be doing with the build, to find I wasted currency going for something out of date. Thanks!

EDIT: Also, will the passive pathing section be updated before the league start to reflect the new PoB changes?

EDIT 2: Should we still be taking Shakari with the nerfs now? Would a poison immunity flask be better?

You can run the build exactly the same as 3.10 really. Just have to path to agnostic thru sentinel>constitution now. Just sacrifice either a bit of damage or life/mana/flask effect stuff in the mean time to get there. Shakari won't matter since DoT doesn't really raise any concerns for this build. The regen is so high that nothing but straight 1 shots ever really kill us. I was face tanking A8 sirus phase 3 beams by the time you real full end-game gearing setup since the DIE DIE DIE beam is multiple hits you can recover from.
"
Ex0rt_ wrote:
How about annointing Adjacent Animosity? Is 10 % reduced projectile speed good enough? Would be 5 points for normal allocate. Would cap mines at 13 hits with only 41 % increased AoE.

Good point with the Annoit!
is it possible to use other gems with the mine like toxic rain or arc to have faster mapping, and save GC/BL mines for the bosses?
Last edited by a3w4tt34y5 on Jun 19, 2020, 1:17:22 AM
"
a3w4tt34y5 wrote:
is it possible to use other gems with the mine like toxic rain or arc to have faster mapping, and save GC/BL mines for the bosses?

toxic rain kinda sucked at this build cus
1. we scale spell damage, it has nothing to do with tr
2. arcane cloak does almost nothing to it

arc is possible, but i would still prefer bl as swapping gems also take time. I wouldn't really recommend gc mines cus you need a total new weapon and different. Without hatred it is kinda bad.

tl;dr just stick with bl mines, the clear isn't bad
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Last edited by Remicaster1 on Jun 19, 2020, 1:47:12 AM
At what point would you take Agnostic now that it's readily available?
"
yoloqueen wrote:
this build looks really cool and i have been considering using it to league start. however, i'm torn between it and sabo BL miner. Does anyone know which of the two has higher damage scaling? is the scion much tougher than sabo, or are their defenses not too far apart? also, another reason i'm considering sabo is this league supposedly has really good crafting options and this scion build is pretty unique-heavy. curious if anyone else has thought about that. anyways thanks all

Playing both sabo and scion miner's last league I will say the differences are more like: Saboteur is easier to get started because you get so much damage, aoe, mine throwing speed from ascendancy and start close to the best mine nodes, I did wave 20 with a 6L tremor rod which was like 2 ex, and a poorly rolled corrupted kaom's heart which I paid 20c for and no cluster jewels. You throw a 5L tremor rod on at lvl 41 and basically takes you through red maps with any mine skill safely and deathless. This setup will be even better this league after the slower proj nerf as sabotueur nodes give you up to 122%+ increased aoe just from your ascendancy when you have 23 mines down which will cap your ball lightning for bosses and give you great clear with little aoe node investment.

You are much more reliant on your movement skill as you have less movement speed and are more reliant on reactive flasking for recovery. You are much more versatile as you can use many different mine and gear setups, ci, low life, life w/ kaom's, etc.

The high end version of Saboteur requires you to go LL and use shavs/expensive ES gear and multiple auras that gets just as expensive as the scion build. I never find good ES gear as it seems mostly all crafted so never wanted to go this route. Downside of the saboteur is your blind aura was given to other classes through disorienting display and does nothing against on death effects which was a bit out of hand last league.

Scion version: Once you can get all the gear for the build it really takes off and feels better than the shadow saboteur. You run alot faster, have more recovery, do similar damage although maybe less after the nerfs, get the saboteur blind aura from disorienting display, get more uses out of flasks with more duration and more potency, have more avoidance, with cloak up can take bigger 1shots.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info