[3.10] Memoria's Storm Brand Archmage Trickster [All content, Low Life version included]

Hey all! So I originally went poison BV Assassin for league start, realized I hated the playstyle and rolled a max block bleed Lacerate Gladiator. Someone had posted a thread on Reddit about Storm Brand Trickster being amazing, so I started repurposing my BV character. I think I did a decent job for a few exalts spent. What cost me the most was rolling the cluster jewels. I thought I could craft them easier than straight up buying the ones I need (that was a mistake haha).

I ran some T14 Burial Ground and the clear is amazing! Bossing feels good, but they definitely take a bit of circling to kill. I feel a bit squishy though. Probably because all my stuff is budget and I haven't sunk good money into it, but I definitely think I'm ready to. I believe I have about 3500 life and 2500 ES right now. Any pointers, tips, tricks to improve survivability? I think I'd ultimately like to go low life, but I don't have enough for Skyforth or enough passive points to path to reduced mana res nodes on the tree.

Any assistance with improvements would be greatly appreciated! (Should note I have about 9ex to spend right now)

Spoiler
Last edited by omglapizza on Apr 10, 2020, 8:45:31 AM
Hi , i need help , after buying stuff you recommend but my dps is still very low compare to your 3m dps , i only have about ~500k-600k dps
Here are my stuff , my pob : https://pastebin.com/Z3GUUy1n

"
jackietran24 wrote:

So what leave us? Assassin has free elusive + 8% reduced damage taken, and no crit multi which is huge for spike deaths. Elusive = faster mapping, fater gearing.
10% movement from deadly infusion, free culling strike = 10% more dps pretty much. So I considered switch to Assassin when I felt Trickster was slow for mapping even with 140% MS, while assassin is at 190% and generally deal more damage.

Just passing through and got to say thanks, I wasn't feeling it with Trickster and your PoB helped a lot. I went with Ooprtunistic over Ambush for the move speed but basically copied apart from that (still lower level though). Need a little more ES (7400) but damage is strong.
"
JayRizzo03 wrote:
I'm quite in love with this build. I can do AL8 Sirius just fine, though I'm still learning the fights so there's a few deaths.

My issue is Delirium. Full delirium maps are a complete slog, and I consistently die on wave 20 of Simulacrum. It took me 5 minutes to down Kosis in a fully delirium'd t16 map. My tankiness is...ok. I still die more than I like, but its not terrible.

I suppose I'm wondering if I should make the jump to low life for better tankiness and dps.. My gear is below. I have 61 ex liquid to invest, could probably squeeze out another 15 ex if I went on a selling spree.

If you died, then your tankiness is not ok.
Friendship with Path Of Exile has ended. Now [Insert a video game title here] is my best friend.
"
bex_HB wrote:
Hi,
just leveling this build, but a general question ( since i never played brands ).

How this this playstyle work at all? I mean .. the dmg is nice, but i do not understand how to use brand and brand recall correctly together.

Often i press "brand recall", nothing happens, either cooldown not finished, or brands expired.

Using brand alone without recall ... this seems to not be the concept - however, other way round always having to observer the top left of my screen constantly if there are still brands i can recall feels clunky and makes me rip more often.

So ... how to play this at all?

Thank you ;)

Here's a 10 exalted worth of advice: Use Brand Recall on your left click. Cast your Brands in the beginning of every map, start moving.
Friendship with Path Of Exile has ended. Now [Insert a video game title here] is my best friend.
"
namikazemaru wrote:
"
bex_HB wrote:
Hi,
just leveling this build, but a general question ( since i never played brands ).

How this this playstyle work at all? I mean .. the dmg is nice, but i do not understand how to use brand and brand recall correctly together.

Often i press "brand recall", nothing happens, either cooldown not finished, or brands expired.

Using brand alone without recall ... this seems to not be the concept - however, other way round always having to observer the top left of my screen constantly if there are still brands i can recall feels clunky and makes me rip more often.

So ... how to play this at all?

Thank you ;)

Here's a 10 exalted worth of advice: Use Brand Recall on your left click. Cast your Brands in the beginning of every map, start +moving.

ok thank you.

stays the question how to survive playing this build.

since i kind of arrive at a pack and pulling my dmg-dealer to me later i always get hit before the brands start damaging the packs.

for example tier 10 maps with active dilirium kill me often, with 4k life 4k mana and 2k ES.

might not yet be much as i started and level 80, but this does not provide a nice outlook in terms of survivability ( go all labs done as well and capped res of course )
"
namikazemaru wrote:

Here's a 10 exalted worth of advice: Use Brand Recall on your left click. Cast your Brands in the beginning of every map, start moving.

I could not disagree more. Full control over when you use a Recall and when you dont is worth a lot. If I', strafing outside of a bosses range I dont want my brands to return to me but stay on the boss, for example.
I really don't understand why people are doing it like this.

I switched to Jackietran24s Assassin version as well a while back and the damage on that version is just absurd, but Trickster is still a very good choice.
Actually the advice with recall on left click for pure clear as well as delve works like a charm, i die a lot less, and clear is much faster - since i changed that -> i can not remember having leveled that fast from 81 to 89, was really smooth, sitting at 6000 mana, 3500 life and 2.3k ES at the moment.

Maybe its individually different, but this way i can focus more on dodging, also the brands quite deterministic stay active much much longer - having it on the right and kind of not pressing it often enough lets me lose some brands more often, requiring recast and making the playstyle more clunky.

However :
yes, for bosses its not optimal and i think about disabling it for boss encounters ;)
Last edited by bex_HB on Apr 11, 2020, 12:49:00 PM
"
cryion wrote:
"
namikazemaru wrote:

I could not disagree more. Full control over when you use a Recall and when you dont is worth a lot. If I', strafing outside of a bosses range I dont want my brands to return to me but stay on the boss, for example.
I really don't understand why people are doing it like this.

I switched to Jackietran24s Assassin version as well a while back and the damage on that version is just absurd, but Trickster is still a very good choice.

The guy has a problem with the convenience and I was offering a solution. It's for clear (and boss, if you are brave enough to stay near them all the time).

Also, Ghost Dance is a must for Trickster.

Everyone can pull million shaper DPS on any build (maybe not on DomBlow...), but Trickster seems safer in HC than Assassin.
So, just started this build. Lvl 75 now and it's already a lot of fun. Two suggestions I have:

#1: As stated previously in this thread, the wave of conviction + curse on hit + conductivity setup does not work because of the 'trigger within a trigger' problem. My solution was this: in my trigger wand I put... Conductivity + Spell Cascade + Wave of Conviction. it toggles properly back and forth between the two skills, and when it triggers conductivity you get a much bigger aoe (spell cascade has no effect on wave of conviction.)

#2: Clarity is useful early on. But once my total mana got up over 4k the effect of a low, or even higher level, clarity was pretty minimal on the amount of mana regen I had, so I dumped clarity. Instead I turned my brand recall into a 4 link with: Brand Recall + Arcane Surge + Second Wind + Empower (cheap corrupted level 3 empower for now...still gearing up, but can invest in lvl 4 later)

Anyway, thanks for the bulid!
That, that is, is. That, that is not, is not. Is that it? It is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info