[3.10] Wallach's Hierophant Holy Flame Totems (Full Simulacrum Clear)

Hello

I have a question about cluster jewels.

Should I go for
1)Herald cluster + lone messenger
2)Curse cluster + lone messenger
3)Just lone messenger
"
grindcube wrote:
Hello

I have a question about cluster jewels.

Should I go for
1)Herald cluster + lone messenger
2)Curse cluster + lone messenger
3)Just lone messenger

I think out of option 1 and 2 it depends if you want the QoL from the curse cluster. Getting culling strike and unnerve into this build is quite easy using blade blast but it is another button to press. And the unnerve only lasts 4 seconds from it.

You'd have to PoB the Herald cluster to see if it worth it over other nodes on the tree.

There are also tanky options for your totems with a mix of damage and resistances / life with the Ancestral notables or just getting some of the notables that give you extra life / mana.

And somebody else experimented with some of the more generic elemental notables that give you fire exposure albeit a weaker version than you would get using the "recommended" Multi totem + WoC + Combustion setup.

In short, there are a lot of options to play around with and not necessarily a "right" answer. It will depend upon each person's gear and preferred playstlye.

I'm personally just going with the Curse Cluster & Lone Messenger as I don't like pushing buttons if I don't have to!! XD
im having issues staying alive now and I haven't even hit tier 13 maps. I know my gear isn't the best but I think I might need to redo my passive tree. Anyone who has an idea that might help me, please feel free to pm me or leave a comment here.
"
PapaSmurfbk wrote:
im having issues staying alive now and I haven't even hit tier 13 maps. I know my gear isn't the best but I think I might need to redo my passive tree. Anyone who has an idea that might help me, please feel free to pm me or leave a comment here.

Hey,

I've had quick look at your build in Path of Building and can see a few things you can try.

Firstly, your flasks seem a bit odd. Your Crit Chance seems very low and you are not using a diamond flask. A diamond flask is a pretty massive boost to your crit chance and I can't think of any reason not to run one. Swap out one of your life flasks for it IMO. In PoB it seems to add 20% MORE damage so it's a massive boost for you. A silver flask would also be a pretty hefty damage boost if you are happy to drop the mana flask.

The Crit chance boot enchant if you haven't Crit recently would be a pretty big deal as your crit chance is quite low as well as grabbing the Arcane Potency cluster when you can.

Secondly this is a build that doesn't get a lot of life scaling on the tree. Normally less than 140% although MoM does mean this isn't too big a deal. That being said you want life on EVERY piece you can get. Ideally 70+. In your case you have no (or very little) life on your rings (which can't really be helped) but also your body armour, your shield, your amulet and your gloves. None of them have flat mana either so you are very light in the EHP department. This is not a particularly tanky build with a ton or armour or with life leech so you want to be able to take a hit or two and not fall over. On a t13 map with a delirium encounter that's going to be pretty hard if you don't have the damage to kill things really quickly before they hit you a bunch!!

You have an intuitive leap at Witch which you have used but then you take the two 5% mana nodes by prodigal perfection / mystical bulwark. They're not super efficient so I would look to drop those at some point if you can. Maybe grab the life and chaos nodes at Templar assuming you can balance your MoM ok by doing so.

All in all I think if you can get more life and mana on your gear as well as changing your flasks around a bit you'll have a better time of it. That's not to say that this build will ever be super tanky but with some investment you should be clearing red maps ok.

[Edit: Just noticed you are running a fevered Mind. I would maybe look to change that for something else so that your totems cost less to cast. Wallach has a section on jewels in the gear section of the OP so I would see what you can get with the stats he suggests].
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Apr 2, 2020, 3:10:42 PM
ty for the input DrHarvey12. at the moment I am switching my points around and trying to get better gear. yea im going to pick up a silver and diamond flask. also looking to get better boots and over all better gear. I have an amazing chest that has a ton of life on it and spell crit% but its not 6L and Ive spent 1400+ fus on it already :(
Double Post. Please Delete!
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Apr 2, 2020, 3:53:16 PM
"
PapaSmurfbk wrote:
I have an amazing chest that has a ton of life on it and spell crit% but its not 6L and Ive spent 1400+ fus on it already :(

Ouch :(

Have you tried crafting extra quality on it if it has a spare suffix?

Slippery Jim did a video a while back where he tried getting 6-links on items with 0% quality, 20% quality and 30% quality. His findings seemed to indicate that as quality goes up the average amount of fuses required for a 6-link decreases.

I'm assuming that still holds true today but I am sure that somebody will correct me if that is no longer the case.
yes lots of bad luck on my end

im such a noob but I figured it out
Last edited by PapaSmurfbk on Apr 2, 2020, 4:39:48 PM
Do betrayal and get hillock to fortification and rank him to 3. He'll up the armor quality to 28 which makes a huge difference in the fusing needed to 6 link. (Unless they have changed it).

I have always done my 6 links myself by using the betrayal 28 quality to either use myself or profit around 5 ex or more depending on the rolls of the base I use. Usually takes around 800 fusings to get it to 6link.

But as always RNG can be a B and make you use an infinite number of fusings.
Last edited by grindcube on Apr 3, 2020, 1:52:05 AM
It looks as though you have a spare suffix on that body armour PapaSmurf so you should be able to craft a attribute / quality mod on it to get the quality up to 35% +. With Grindcube's advice to try and also get an extra 8 quality on it from Hillock's Betrayal bench you should have over 40% quality and then your chance to 6-link should be much higher than just having 20%. Obviously RNG be ing RNG means you could still end up putting another 5000 fuses into it and still not getting a 6-link but odds are you should hit it in around 600 - 700 fusings. Hopefully less!

If you ever get really annoyed you can save up and buy a prophecy called Fated Connections which guarantees a 6-link when you 6-socket your item with jewellers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info