[3.10] Wallach's Hierophant Holy Flame Totems (Full Simulacrum Clear)

"
alex_disp wrote:
Finally, I don't use elemental focus because then totems can't ignite and we lose -20% resists debuff from combustion support. I use awakened added fire damage which is DIRTY cheap, gives more DPS than elemental focus and at lvl5 has a juicy +1 supported fire gems!

PS, +4 gem Skin of the Loyal - I'll just leave it here.

hi, what do you use instead of "elemental focus" ?
Wallach is already using added fire support so using awakened added fire replaces that. What should I use instead of elemental focus if I want to benefit from ignite ?

"
"
alex_disp wrote:
Finally, I don't use elemental focus because then totems can't ignite and we lose -20% resists debuff from combustion support. I use awakened added fire damage which is DIRTY cheap, gives more DPS than elemental focus and at lvl5 has a juicy +1 supported fire gems!

Wallach is already using added fire support so using awakened added fire replaces that. What should I use instead of elemental focus if I want to benefit from ignite ?

"we lose -20% resists debuff from combustion support"
Obviously it's Combustion support, duh.
Wave of Conviction totem is already applying Combustion's -19% fire resistance debuff when it ignites, so I don't really see the need to remove Elemental Focus in the main Holy Flame Totem link. You can't stack Combustion's debuff effect since you can't stack ignites.
I've been running Flame Golem, any reason you left this out? teach me senpai, also what map mods should i avoid
"
RGreen wrote:
I've been running Flame Golem, any reason you left this out? teach me senpai, also what map mods should i avoid

Ypu'll probably get more damage running a lightning golem than a flame golem if that is your reason for running one. Most people tend to find them a bit annoying hence why not everyone uses them.

Only map mod you can't run is ele reflect and even then it is doable for low tier maps. It just feels terrible and will almost certainly get you killed in higher tier maps and will be impossible to do delirium encounters. In short - re-roll ele reflect! Everything else should be doable with the right flask setup.
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Mar 27, 2020, 8:17:17 AM
Hi, Ive been playing a HFT this season and wanted to have your opinion on something.

Many people use the High Templar gloves with % spell crit implicit AND another curse (enfeeble or temp chains).

Is it worth it? We are already using flammability but literally EVERYONE in the top ladder is using these gloves.. Im wondering if theres a way to stack curse of have I missed something?
"
alex_disp wrote:
"
"
alex_disp wrote:

"we lose -20% resists debuff from combustion support"
Obviously it's Combustion support, duh.

Well, I don't have slots for Wave of Conviction totems and I get exposure from Corrosive elements anyway. But recently I dropped combustion for awakened elemental focus.

"
Hi, Ive been playing a HFT this season and wanted to have your opinion on something.

Many people use the High Templar gloves with % spell crit implicit AND another curse (enfeeble or temp chains).

Is it worth it? We are already using flammability but literally EVERYONE in the top ladder is using these gloves.. Im wondering if theres a way to stack curse of have I missed something?

They have Whispers of Doom anointed on amulet which allows additional curse.
Last edited by alex_disp on Mar 27, 2020, 8:44:16 PM
"
DrHarvey12 wrote:
"
RGreen wrote:

Ypu'll probably get more damage running a lightning golem than a flame golem if that is your reason for running one. Most people tend to find them a bit annoying hence why not everyone uses them.

Only map mod you can't run is ele reflect and even then it is doable for low tier maps. It just feels terrible and will almost certainly get you killed in higher tier maps and will be impossible to do delirium encounters. In short - re-roll ele reflect! Everything else should be doable with the right flask setup.

y lightning?

ok googled a bit, so you are saying 8% cast speed or 9 i think is better than 20% damage?
i can def test and ty

and thank you for your advice
Last edited by RGreen on Mar 27, 2020, 9:44:30 PM
Hi Wallach,

Still in the process of gearing up atm but I have now managed to buy / craft most of the bits I think I will need:

Spoiler

Mostly the cheaper bits to get now I think.

I've enjoyed following this thread. Quite a few useful ideas from various people.

Looking forward to seeing how this will end up comparing damage wise to FP totems which I ran the past 2 leagues after following your guides. Reflection both times - DPS was pretty nuts compared to what I was used to!

I may level as a Spectre guardian and then switch to hiero totems. I tend to RIP a bit too much this league for me to want to hit lvl 93+ and guardian should be way tankier. I'll see how it goes.

Thx again for the guide :)
Hello, I want to say this build is amazing with very cheap options.

My items:

Spoiler
The shield is the only "expensive" item I have for now, as it has cost me 1 exalted orb.

I also have the recommended cluster jewels, they're quite cheap

For all of this (including the jewels), I think I paid 1 exalted orb and a half in total, so very affordable

I have notably kept
from my levelling because they are so cost-effective!

I manage to reach 250k dps per totem when fully buffed (even 270k in some circumstances), and I have still A LOT of progress to do with my items (6-link, better rings, levelling up (im 83)...).
Last edited by DoYouEvenPrayz on Mar 31, 2020, 2:54:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info