[3.10] Elemental Hit Wandslinger Assassin - Very tanky, fast and fun wander

If I go for the Trickster tree, since I tend to value survivability over melting bosses, would the gear stay the same as the default gear?
For the POB drop down, what is the default path for the build. i see the option for acrobatics and trickster, and then the regular 10-100. but which is the way the build was designed to go?

thanks for the help!
Last edited by Bane__ on Apr 9, 2020, 8:50:23 PM
"
Ajji11 wrote:
If I go for the Trickster tree, since I tend to value survivability over melting bosses, would the gear stay the same as the default gear?

There are dozens of different ways to actually play this build. I have not tried the trickster version.

Currently, the gear is quite flexible. Clear ele hit can go in helmet or gloves, and whichever you choose will free up a slot for creativity somewhere else. Opting for tailwind boots(if you go trickster maybe just elusive, or tailwind elusive boots) for an extra damage bonus or opting to not run them at all for tankier and easier gearing with resistances. Tailwind boots for me only add ~500k so it's negligible .

OP goes for a crafted chest with additional life as es and some extra goodies(explody chest) - this is objectively tankier than my version with farruls fur. However my permanent uptime frenzy n power charges are, in my opinion, better for bossing.

The build is strong no matter what path you take.

"
Bane__ wrote:
For the POB drop down, what is the default path for the build. i see the option for acrobatics and trickster, and then the regular 10-100. but which is the way the build was designed to go?

thanks for the help!

The build was initially designed around Assassin with MoM. Early delirium completely wiped most builds, and many of us found going acrobatics/phase acro was actually better for survivability with a cheaper budget.

I have not tried the trickster version, but if I were to recommend the build to someone it would be Assassin with acrobatics/phase acrobatics.

Start with the +2 corruption crown of the inward eye until you can get decent hands of the high templar. From there, you have different options with your gear and gem setups.

Hope i helped.

Edit: It looks like going trickster is a lowkey work around to not running farruls fur. The charges are again on kill, so it would not prove helpful for bosses without adds (sirus), while also complementing OPs chest of choice. Additionally, you also lose elusiveness which works well with acro/phase. This can be later salvaged with elusive/tailwind boots but that would be high end.

I will refrain from truly commenting on this as I have yet to see anyone run the tree in for trickster in POB.
Last edited by Anus_Smasher on Apr 10, 2020, 10:15:04 PM
"
Anus_Smasher wrote:
"
Ajji11 wrote:

There are dozens of different ways to actually play this build. I have not tried the trickster version.

Currently, the gear is quite flexible. Clear ele hit can go in helmet or gloves, and whichever you choose will free up a slot for creativity somewhere else. Opting for tailwind boots(if you go trickster maybe just elusive, or tailwind elusive boots) for an extra damage bonus or opting to not run them at all for tankier and easier gearing with resistances. Tailwind boots for me only add ~500k so it's negligible .

OP goes for a crafted chest with additional life as es and some extra goodies(explody chest) - this is objectively tankier than my version with farruls fur. However my permanent uptime frenzy n power charges are, in my opinion, better for bossing.

The build is strong no matter what path you take.

"
Bane__ wrote:

thanks for the help!

The build was initially designed around Assassin with MoM. Early delirium completely wiped most builds, and many of us found going acrobatics/phase acro was actually better for survivability with a cheaper budget.

I have not tried the trickster version, but if I were to recommend the build to someone it would be Assassin with acrobatics/phase acrobatics.

Start with the +2 corruption crown of the inward eye until you can get decent hands of the high templar. From there, you have different options with your gear and gem setups.

Hope i helped.

Edit: It looks like going trickster is a lowkey work around to not running farruls fur. The charges are again on kill, so it would not prove helpful for bosses without adds (sirus), while also complementing OPs chest of choice. Additionally, you also lose elusiveness which works well with acro/phase. This can be later salvaged with elusive/tailwind boots but that would be high end.

I will refrain from truly commenting on this as I have yet to see anyone run the tree in for trickster in POB.

Trickster version is purely for better mana-based defense, it has nothing to do with frenzy charges (we get them regardless with blood rage). Thanks to weave the mana version on trickster gets a lot strongers than on assassin at cost of losing some speed.
My builds:
https://pobb.in/u/thedeathbeam
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
"
Anus_Smasher wrote:

thank you for the help! So because the trees are so very different, should i continue leveling as assassin, with the original skill tree branching out in the top left direction, then once i start mapping move towards phase acro?

thanks again
"
thedeathbeam wrote:

Trickster version is purely for better mana-based defense, it has nothing to do with frenzy charges (we get them regardless with blood rage). Thanks to weave the mana version on trickster gets a lot strongers than on assassin at cost of losing some speed.

He has spoken.

My own thoughts was going into higher delirium content the mana defense didn't work as well as I thought it would. Maybe with a bit more investment itd be fine. (I also really just wanted to use spellslinger so I was planning on swapping anyways)

"
Bane__ wrote:
"
Anus_Smasher wrote:

thank you for the help! So because the trees are so very different, should i continue leveling as assassin, with the original skill tree branching out in the top left direction, then once i start mapping move towards phase acro?

thanks again

You're at 36 challenges so I'm assuming you have plenty of money for leveling gear.

Deathbeam talks about going for EE first until you get your 2 combat focus. If you can get your 2 jewels, which are 1c without any corruptions, I'd just go straight into fire ele hit. You could use a movespeed karui ward with 2 socket abyss belt, aim for the upper wand nodes and wandslinger. You'll probably one shot everything so I would just aim for acro when you find things getting a bit difficult, followed by point blank and vp.
"
Anus_Smasher wrote:

Deathbeam talks about going for EE first until you get your 2 combat focus. If you can get your 2 jewels, which are 1c without any corruptions, I'd just go straight into fire ele hit. You could use a movespeed karui ward with 2 socket abyss belt, aim for the upper wand nodes and wandslinger. You'll probably one shot everything so I would just aim for acro when you find things getting a bit difficult, followed by point blank and vp.

Thanks so much bruv. Yeah money isnt an issue at all, I can put whatever is needed into this build. Appreciate the advice! Was just figuring out what i should prioritize on the skill tree as the "acrobatics" drop down on PoB doesnt list the skill points every 10 levels. I'll definitely come back to this thread once im done leveling if i have any more questions.
cheers
Can you guys check my tree + gear and help me with optimization?

How would I implement bottled faith (where do I get bleed immunity then...)? Where and which passive points could I drop for a cluster jewel (and which one would benefit me)?
"
Edeka wrote:

How would I implement bottled faith (where do I get bleed immunity then...)? Where and which passive points could I drop for a cluster jewel (and which one would benefit me)?

Bleed Immunity is simple, get corrupted blood on combat focus, they are super cheap. For Cluster jewels, I find the elemental and wand ones being really weak outside of some utility (like cremator etc) so I would personally not bother with them.
My builds:
https://pobb.in/u/thedeathbeam
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
Edeka wrote:

Bleed Immunity is simple, get corrupted blood on combat focus, they are super cheap. For Cluster jewels, I find the elemental and wand ones being really weak outside of some utility (like cremator etc) so I would personally not bother with them.

Ah so we don't need full bleed immunity?

Thanks for the advice on cluster jewels!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info