[3.10] Elemental Hit Wandslinger Assassin - Very tanky, fast and fun wander

"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
Is Hypothermia better than Energy Leech Support? I though that with Soul Tether energy leech would always be active.

Also, I'm having trouble figuring out why my DPS seems to be lower than others.. around 650K accoring to PoB. Is there something off with my build?

Actually, with soul tether you are at full ES most of the time, but its still nice defensive + offensive gem. Both work just fine, but Hypo is more reliable pure damage.

And well, do you configured your PoB correctly? And are you on fork? If you are just importing your char, also make sure to change Barrage to Barrage support (because PoB is not importing it correctly).

I'm pretty sure I have configured everything correctly, including barrage. What do you mean by fork?

I know that my jewels can be improved for some incremental improvements, and I don't have Snowforged, but I feel like I might be making a bigger mistake somewhere since I'm not even close to 1 million dps.

Here's my PoB for reference: https://pastebin.com/quhVebsT

Also for more info, I've done pretty well with the build, killed Sirus at awaken 4 & 5, failed at 6. Currently struggling to push level 95 without dying. Maybe there is no issue except bad mechanics on my part but looking at the numbers I'm getting FoMo

Last edited by otterrr on Mar 26, 2020, 3:25:38 PM
Wanna say Thank you for this build! Really strong, fast and fun!

And it will be cool if u check my char. What do u think to upgrade next?

"
chestero4ek wrote:

Tailwind boots, qual your Pyre ring with elemental for 48% conversion, also that wand can most likely be better (e.g its opal instead of imbued for starters). I would also look for better jewels, maybe Precision watchers eye.

Also holy shit, your chest is *insane*. Damn.

"
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
Is Hypothermia better than Energy Leech Support? I though that with Soul Tether energy leech would always be active.

Also, I'm having trouble figuring out why my DPS seems to be lower than others.. around 650K accoring to PoB. Is there something off with my build?

Actually, with soul tether you are at full ES most of the time, but its still nice defensive + offensive gem. Both work just fine, but Hypo is more reliable pure damage.

And well, do you configured your PoB correctly? And are you on fork? If you are just importing your char, also make sure to change Barrage to Barrage support (because PoB is not importing it correctly).

I'm pretty sure I have configured everything correctly, including barrage. What do you mean by fork?

I know that my jewels can be improved for some incremental improvements, and I don't have Snowforged, but I feel like I might be making a bigger mistake somewhere since I'm not even close to 1 million dps.

Here's my PoB for reference: https://pastebin.com/quhVebsT

Also for more info, I've done pretty well with the build, killed Sirus at awaken 4 & 5, failed at 6. Currently struggling to push level 95 without dying. Maybe there is no issue except bad mechanics on my part but looking at the numbers I'm getting FoMo

So fo rme, your PoB is saying 3.5M DPS. You did not had configured Point Blank. And also PoB fork is PoB with some extra features on top, see: https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding (also see the PoB section in the guide what is mentioning that you need fork).
My builds:
https://pobb.in/u/thedeathbeam
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
chestero4ek wrote:

Tailwind boots, qual your Pyre ring with elemental for 48% conversion, also that wand can most likely be better (e.g its opal instead of imbued for starters). I would also look for better jewels, maybe Precision watchers eye.

Also holy shit, your chest is *insane*. Damn.

Thank for reply ^^
Will try to find good boots with Tailwind. Jewel was choosen for filling STR and cold res, will think what i can do with that. There's no good imbued wands to buy :(

Chest cost me 30ex POG
Hey guys,

Thanks for the continuous updates and tweaks to the build.

I'm now up to T16 maps and, even though I have no DPS issue, survivability is a problem on highly rolled maps.

I will try to play around new suggestions (Crown of the Inward Eye namely + dropping MoM for more Life/ES) but my main problems are the following :
- Using MoM and getting savagely hit sometimes put me in front of a bunch of ennemies with 0 mana and unable to cast spell for 1 sec, resulting in me dying
- Stun & Freeze ... probably my worst concern so far. I am used to play builds immuned to Stun and with the Freeze immunity on flasks (which I also have here) but in Delirium, I find myself frozen and stuned way too much to my taste.

How do you guys handle this ?
"
N3m3sis21 wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm now up to T16 maps and, even though I have no DPS issue, survivability is a problem on highly rolled maps.

I will try to play around new suggestions (Crown of the Inward Eye namely + dropping MoM for more Life/ES) but my main problems are the following :
- Using MoM and getting savagely hit sometimes put me in front of a bunch of ennemies with 0 mana and unable to cast spell for 1 sec, resulting in me dying
- Stun & Freeze ... probably my worst concern so far. I am used to play builds immuned to Stun and with the Freeze immunity on flasks (which I also have here) but in Delirium, I find myself frozen and stuned way too much to my taste.

So I was in the same boat as you, and decided to move towards the acrobatics tree and pick up point blank along with Vaal Pact. Now I am cruising in t16 maps and boss encounters (Done a delirium Hunter no problem). Of course, we not a face tanking build, but now i can move into some crazy mob packs and although the damage is crazy, I just leech back up almost instantly. The helmet is a HUGE QoL imho, so I'd highly recommend getting it.

You can check my profile and character out. I've been playing around with the tree and at the moment I m really happy with the balance between survivability and dps (The clear is just 1 tapping mobs at the moment)

Just a question for using the pyre: Does the double-dipping interaction between the pyre and Snowforge still happen? And if so, has anyone tested it out yet?
"
N3m3sis21 wrote:
Hey guys,

For MoM, what i used before I tried phase acro was Laviagna, that solved that savage hit issue very nicely.

Stun and freeze is very annoying, mainly when Delirium mobs have some special kind of "slow" that cant be countered with freeze immunity, but its pretty rare.
My builds:
My site:
"
PhantomZA wrote:

Just a question for using the pyre: Does the double-dipping interaction between the pyre and Snowforge still happen? And if so, has anyone tested it out yet?

What double dipping here?
With pyre, 90% cold will convert to fire. So our base fire dmg will be 50% light, 100% fire, 90% cold. 25% increased Cold Damage = 90/(90+100+50)*25% = 9.4% increased fire dmg
Last edited by ngtrungkhanh on Mar 26, 2020, 11:47:07 PM
"
ngtrungkhanh wrote:
"
PhantomZA wrote:

What double dipping here?
With pyre, 90% cold will convert to fire. So our base fire dmg will be 50% light, 100% fire, 90% cold. 25% increased Cold Damage = 90/(90+100+50)*25% = 9.4% increased fire dmg

I think you need to also incorporate the 50% less cold damage from combat focus there, so its tad lower.
My builds:
My site:
"
thedeathbeam wrote:

I think you need to also incorporate the 50% less cold damage from combat focus there, so its tad lower.

Doesn't "deal less cold dmg" aply after convertation?
Last edited by ngtrungkhanh on Mar 27, 2020, 5:36:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info