Atlas Changes in 3.10.0

"We want players to earn map completion and bonuses objectives and to feel good about having them."

While I wouldn't mind a scenario like that I do not believe GGG can EVER pull off a system where that is the case without changing every map, bringing each maps densitiy and mob count roughly in line with the other maps.

That being said i had two ideas of how to try and get to a point where having full completion would feel better or equal to just running 2 maps of a Tier:

-Make each map completion/bonus objective give an (exponentially) bigger reward than the last one. That way leaving a few maps uncompleted and without their bonus objective would be enough of a downside for the upside of just running 2 good maps in that tier. The very obvious downside of that system is 156/156 is REALLY important and the progression would feel meaningless because all the rewards would essentially be gained with the last few maps completed. It would also punish casual players (that don't have an easy time unlocking the whole atlas with bonus objectives) extremely hard.

or -Make cut-off points where you get the rewards unless you have more than a certain number of uncompleted maps for a Tier. That way players (much like in the above) don't get the rewards of bonus objectives if they want to target farm maps. I feel it has the same obvious flaws the the one i listed above.

In hindsight the second suggestion seems to be the same as the first but I'm not gonna delete it cause effort went into it.

Talking about effort going into something and (essentially) deleting it:

I was lead to believe that Divination Cards were introduced into PoE as a means to have "targetable access to certain unique items and rewards" (I believe to have read something like that comming from a GGG member, if no GGG member has said that please make me aware of that and correct me)
So whats the big deal of suddenly not wanting us to be able to targetrfarm maps?
So you're saying we SHOULD try to get a full set of a certain card but we shouldn't be able to do the maps in which they drop as the only/one of the few maps we're running? Or should we be looking for tilesets in which the card can drop (which seems very optimistic, of the few cards i thought of that I targetfarmed before they were in 2-6 maps each and there 156 maps on the Atlas)

Personally I severly disliked the atlas system that was in 3.9. I got to a point where the extra effort of mapping made me just outright stop playing the game even though I had good fun with my self TC HH cyclone Jugg (pls nerf that shit and while you're at it remove the stupid Baran Chest explode mod)

I'd like to leave on a good note though:
This is still the best game I've ever played and I absolutely love that sometimes GGG goes out on a dare and tries things, even if they fear that it may be something the reddit part of the community will outrage at.

Stay sane
Last edited by LordYggdrasil on Mar 4, 2020, 2:27:46 AM
"
xezdx wrote:
Any reflect mod against your source of damage almost always oneshot death. No challenge here, i just throw this map into far dark corner of the stash.

Reflect must be removed in my opinion.

i agree whit you in the one shot whit you, specialy when there is a ton of mods being aplied to the map at the same time, it's really frustrating when you spend, the currency to make profit and whit tree attacks you actually just kill your self whit a white monster, i have to shut down the map and lost it for that.
isnt it time to get rid of the broken and glitchy map tab!? just remove ALL MAPS from the game, and give us MISSIONS or MAP PASSES instead. instead of getting a map drop from a monster or a boss when you kill it, you would get +1 map to play much like we have the master missions now, and you could choose ANY map you want to play from the pool that you have unlocked. then just figure out a way to somehow make it interesting to unlock all those maps to play in the first place.
this way anyone could play whatever they want, all maps, or target farm whatever! we would never have to uncomplete maps to just play the content we want (i personally have not killed reef boss in a year, it takes longer with its immune phases than clearing that small map for me! xD)
"
FINezula wrote:
isnt it time to get rid of the broken and glitchy map tab!? just remove ALL MAPS from the game, and give us MISSIONS or MAP PASSES instead. instead of getting a map drop from a monster or a boss when you kill it, you would get +1 map to play much like we have the master missions now, and you could choose ANY map you want to play from the pool that you have unlocked. then just figure out a way to somehow make it interesting to unlock all those maps to play in the first place.
this way anyone could play whatever they want, all maps, or target farm whatever! we would never have to uncomplete maps to just play the content we want (i personally have not killed reef boss in a year, it takes longer with its immune phases than clearing that small map for me! xD)

It will completely destroy the atlas progression and map completion/drop mechanic.

They will never ever do suh a thing.
GGG thinks players are idiots? Feeding some made-up crap about "map drops too high" and "we are fixing it".

How about admitting that new Atlas broke everything, and map drops are tied with the socketed watchstones and Atlas zone level.

Provide clear explanation of how your stuff works. The old lie that "players need to experience exploring Wraeclast blah-blah" worked first 5 years, before all the bugs started. Now its just insulting.

Explain, or admit, but do communicate. Lack of communication from GGG tells me that you have no clue how to proceed. Will all the Syndicate/Metamorph/Legion bugs be present in the new league? Of course. Will the new league mechanics introduce new bugs? Of course. Will there be a complete and utter silence from GGG? Of course.

I;d be ok with PoE wasn't so buggy, when one doesnt know whether if that's new mechanics or a new bug.
-max resist has pretty much always been a death sentence compared to pretty much any other map mod and should have far higher rewards or toned down.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
I mean all of us who played a lot in metamorph had hundreds of high tier maps over, sustain was way to easy and this was even without the bugged delve and temple mapstashes that gave literary 0 maps since they couldn't properly interact with the awakener atlas system.

In synthesis and blight map sustain was still really good even without elder/shaper influence pingpong (didn't play to much legion). The last league where map sustain was poor was betrayal and I strongly doubt that nerfing this will take it back to those levels.

I also support that we shouldn't be able to run 1 map 24/7, but with that said I also think there are some maps in desperate need of updating (cage, cells etc). People wouldn't complain nearly as much if maps were closer to the same density of mobs.

I'm mostly disappointed that your initial release page said that you would add further incentives to run high awakener levels, but sofar we have seen zero of this topic. Yes high awakener levels were already rewarding to run, but moving the mod-effect modifier reduces the quality and pack size on the maps we run in the first maybe month of the league for many players, therefor effectively lowering the rewards we get compared to current levels.

The master mission chance thing is kinda BS, already as it is today we dont have the time to run all of them anyway and we end up with several 100 stored so that for sure isn't something that makes me run awakener bonus objectives.
This manifesto is wrong, temple/delve feel unrewarding because they was bugged and dont drop maps same as lab metamorph.
I need to understand something here.
Awaken bonus now adds a "mod" to the rest of the atlas maps?
So if i complete a T14 awaken bonus, and it becomes "no regen" there will be no regen on the rest of my maps for the entire league?
Just delete Reflect and No regen (reflect its just ridiculous and no regen mod makes clarity aura not working, like wtf!). You absolutely need to do this !!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info