Wolcen Hype Release!

They wanted to make a cash shop though, they clearly expected retention.
Nice little moment recently: I was hacking away in a caves area and noticed that the crystal shards studding the pathways were accurately reflecting my character's actions. Good usage of Cryengine right there.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Oh *damn*. So one enemy type, the Pacified Hierophant, has an innate trait called 'Dome Shield'. As you'd imagine, it's just like PoE's proximity shield. So, naturally, you want to close distance even if you're ranged. Get inside the dome, fire away...simple, right?

Except for one easily-overlooked reality: a dome is three-dimensional. So anything that falls from the sky will just hit the dome even if you cast it point-blank next to the Hierophant.

Annoying but I can't help but admire the way my meteors just hit the invisible dome and explode against it. That's fucking awesome.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
So,after the "hype train" crashed and burned. Wolcen remains what I always said it is. An unfinished product that should have been called an alpha release.

Steam charts shows a peak of barely 800 people, the game crashed hard. And as far as I've seen after months and months of their initial release. Many of the same bugs remain.

Remember how this was the next "POE Killer"? Whatever happened to those koolaid drinking guys? I guess they abandoned wolcen as well.
"
Nosferat wrote:
So,after the "hype train" crashed and burned. Wolcen remains what I always said it is. An unfinished product that should have been called an alpha release.

Steam charts shows a peak of barely 800 people, the game crashed hard. And as far as I've seen after months and months of their initial release. Many of the same bugs remain.

Remember how this was the next "POE Killer"? Whatever happened to those koolaid drinking guys? I guess they abandoned wolcen as well.

Currently at 834 concurrent players, so back under 1k after the initial sales hype.

Seems like boss fights are still glitched, multiplayer buggy, magic scaling awful,minions awful, stat system rudimentary (at best), skill tree unfinished.

Its always a good time to read their global discussion forum on Steam.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Jul 9, 2020, 2:26:22 AM
"
gandhar0 wrote:
"
Nosferat wrote:

Currently at 834 concurrent players, so back under 1k after the initial sales hype.

Seems like boss fights are still glitched, multiplayer buggy, magic scaling awful,minions awful, stat system rudimentary (at best), skill tree unfinished.

Its always a good time to read their global discussion forum on Steam.

There's not much point pointing out Wolcen's players numbers now. I highly doubt they're even trying to recoup players by this point, so it makes no sense to push out regular fixes. What they're likely planning is the same thing No Man's Sky did - a re-release, which means they'll be holding back a lot of the big fixes for that. They probably desperately needed a cash injection, so they released. Now that they've got it, they're probably gonna hunker down for months fixing up their game, then make a major marketing push to recapture their playerbase. But that likely won't be for a good long while.
"
Nosferat wrote:

The koolaid drinkers quietly removed the Wolcen hype from their PoE forum signatures and went back to PoE. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
The bigly patch that is supposed to fix most of the bugs is coming end of July. Let's see if they can deliver.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
From the latest patch notes preview.

"Spells and Attacks will scale the same way: using the base damage of the currently equipped weapon.
Damage of summons will also scale based on your weapon damage
"

Going full D3 approach for spells but at least summons are now viable to some extent.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
This game has been so disapointing, was D3 all over again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info