Wolcen Hype Release!

I see "fluid combat in Wolcen" and can't help but laugh. Hard.
"
YourFather wrote:
combat is pretty good in wolcen. things have hard cast times and no animation canceling, so you need a rhythm to combat and not just spam and watch Netflix in the background, to get the fludiity. Timing in wolcen is important. It may feel unresponsive, but that's because each action, even potting, is not instant. Except ice nova, which for some reason is instant. Go figure, lol.

Problem is all big arpgs go away from this kinda style because it does get tiring for the majority of players.so to most players who are used to instant feedback, it feels clunky. I understand what the intent was, but it is what it is.

Last epoch is actually looking good. I think that game is much closer to poe, the good old poe too. I don't like playing betas, but I might support and do some playing. I want them to have more differentiation from poe or D2 tho.

Last edited by grepman on Mar 11, 2020, 4:36:31 PM
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Set items are to blame, this is why I am very much against their inclusion in Last Epoch. Unique build-changing items should be limited to one piece, not multiples which pigeonhole you into a certain build.

Thanks for the feedback.

Would you mind if I asked for an example? The sentiment is common among people commenting on item sets in a general sense, but I've never actually seen someone saying "Last Epoch Set A pushes people to use Last Epoch Build 1". The feedback always seems more... hypothetical.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Last edited by Sarno on Mar 11, 2020, 5:24:26 PM
I think PoE did one of the best "set" items in arpg's imaginable when they released beastiary unique's, no clue why they didn't expand on it a bit further.

Haven't played LE so can't comment on that, but i generally agree that a lot of games mess it up by promoting a "full set or nothing" type of deal where each additional piece includes exponential benefits making it a waste to not include them.

I think beastiary unique's are designed with a "how would a set in PoE look like" framework and they pulled it off rather solidly.
No single piece fiels mandatory or provides exponential gains to the character.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Sarno wrote:
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Set items are to blame, this is why I am very much against their inclusion in Last Epoch. Unique build-changing items should be limited to one piece, not multiples which pigeonhole you into a certain build.

Thanks for the feedback.

Would you mind if I asked for an example? The sentiment is common among people commenting on item sets in a general sense, but I've never actually seen someone saying "Last Epoch Set A pushes people to use Last Epoch Build 1". The feedback always seems more... hypothetical.
wait, are you a last epoch dev ? didnt charan say theres a fellow exile on board there ?
^Karv also works for LE if i remember correctly, which is, promising let's go with that.

Peace,

-Boem-

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
oh yeah...LE is doing the right things, in terms of who to hire ;)
definitely buying it now. Karv is that dude, and I remember Sarno helping a lot of people on these forums.
I always get bored and disinterested fairly soon when I try to play Last Epoch. I'm not really sure why that is.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
the theorycrafting in poe always beat the actual gameplay for me, so like Charan mentioned, it seems like LE is oriented towards that kind of a feel, which is perfect for me.

but for someone who prefers pacing or meaty gameplay, yeah its probably not it.

make a deep game with complexity and lots of interactions, and endgame that isnt trivial, and it probably will be worth 40 bucks.
"
YourFather wrote:

When did you last play? I couldn't play upon release because there were such bad delays during combat, but after a couple of patches this was fixed for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info