Wolcen Hype Release!

"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Your boss fights are 4+ nemesis mobs, along with a couple boss tier mobs and champs with 7-8 mods (like map mods in PoE), which are almost always (95% of the time) nerfs to your stats, or buffs to the mobs. I ran into a combo of Grava Thul (a beast by himself) + Zantarin (notorious for shotgun oneshots with vitality damage), Mooseluke (not too bad by himself, but he can freeze you easily so the others can rip you), + Archmage Alexander (has a meteor move that's notorious for oneshots, even the tankiest builds want to move to avoid this) + several random bosses and champs. Even my retaliation warlord can't beat a combo like that, and neither can the pet conjurer, because pets with 60-100k HP and max resists get ripped faster than the cooldowns to resummon the pets, which is basically a stalemate, even if I kite extremely good. Any combo with Grava Thul in it is just a bad combo, he's nearly super boss tier, hits just as hard, doesn't have the HP amount though. So there is an extreme challenge to be had in GD, as far as content goes.

4 Nem bosses in GD means you'll get multiple stacking -30% all res debuffs on you and that's why the one shots. Add 5 individual stacks of -OA -DA fumble and impaired aim, freeze stun petrify, DoTs and recovery penalties... You'll be taking crits, missing at least 50% of your skills and taking 500% more damage. Tanking 4+ nemesis or a gang of the nasty side bosses was never meant to be possible playing legit there.

If you think that 70+ Shattered Realm is a balanced endgame i call BS. It's just as busted as Delve 5000 or the Wolcen 187-189. Devs just dropped those endgames in there so poeple can't say there isn't hard content and game is too ez. Unless 200000000% more multipliers and 95% drs were implemented for every build like d3 did there is no way to balance.

Outside that retarded content imo players run "whatever" builds that look appealing to them mostly based on aesthetics or concepts and not purely on math.

If not mistaken, it was Chris Wilson who said in that "designing PoE to be played forever" talk that some hard endgames fights in PoE were just completed by a minuscule % of the players. However, it was a needed reference point and thus good to be there.

Play online games - compare yourself constantly to others - feel the need to run the most challenging content available to prove whatever - copy most OP build - get frustrated.

Play single player - don't give a shit - play whatever creative thing u like for fun - enjoy.

I think i get what you mean.

"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Last edited by IIPheXII on Mar 10, 2020, 7:15:26 PM
Holy shit, I always assumed the Rogue bonus for Siegebreaker's Salvatory Anchor was *active* dodge. It's PASSIVE.

That's a game-changer.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
Holy shit, I always assumed the Rogue bonus for Siegebreaker's Salvatory Anchor was *active* dodge. It's PASSIVE.

That's a game-changer.
did they fix the related bug when you equip helmet and chest of the same base type ? and even if different type, some bug with re-equipping. Remember scratching my head and then taking helmet off and re-equipping it, gained me 500 resists. lol
Last edited by grepman on Mar 10, 2020, 9:03:58 PM
"
grepman wrote:
"

That's a game-changer.
did they fix the related bug when you equip helmet and chest of the same base type ? and even if different type, some bug with re-equipping. Remember scratching my head and then taking helmet off and re-equipping it, gained me 500 resists. lol

I think so; there were patch notes regarding Salvatory Anchor/Elevated Gains calculations. It's very much worth reading their notes with each weekly patch.

Also, sorry for not responding to your longer post. I'm still processing the last part regarding powercreep/leap. The rest I think is a gentle agree to disagree regarding the importance of story as an underpinning to the 'replayable' part of any given game. :)
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"

That's a game-changer.

Seem weak compared with using a bruiser chest that give a few thousand health regeneration points or Heavy chest that could give 2 thousand resist.
"
awesome999 wrote:
"

That's a game-changer.

Seem weak compared with using a bruiser chest that give a few thousand health regeneration points or Heavy chest that could give 2 thousand resist.

*shrug* It still lends a LOT of durability to a traditionally flimsy playstyle. I don't do 'compared to'. That's for people who like to break their toys too quickly and then complain to the manufacturer.
"
"
awesome999 wrote:
"

That's a game-changer.

*shrug* It still lends a LOT of durability to a traditionally flimsy playstyle. I don't do 'compared to'. That's for people who like to break their toys too quickly and then complain to the manufacturer.

Siegebreaker's Salvatory Anchor doesn't seem to be for that purpose. That skill tree literally scream face tank. Exorcist's Branded Burst probably has better synergy with dodge.
Finding a way to make something work that 'Doesn't seem to be for that purpose' is key to enjoying an ARPG beyond the cheap thrill of easy power and spoon-fed meta. It's called off-classing. It's how I came up with the Meleemancer for D2, for example, and that thing was kind of legendary. PoE-wise, look at anything by Ghudda. He's a genius of off-class building. The ridiculous crap he's pulled off over the years...

Off-classing is sacred. Which is good, because you could off-class in Sacred 2. And Sacred 1. And Titan Quest. It's very easy to off-class in PoE if you're willing to get acquire the gear.

An ARPG that DOESN'T accommodate this approach is a failure of an ARPG. See: Diablo 3.
Set items are to blame, this is why I am very much against their inclusion in Last Epoch. Unique build-changing items should be limited to one piece, not multiples which pigeonhole you into a certain build.
God damn it, I agree again. I loved sets in D2 early on but they were very mediocre (Sigon's, Death's...great for twinking, but you outgrew them). By LoD they were out of control, but you also had runewords by then and charms and whatnot.

My issues with Last Epoch go well beyond set items, but I'm still a proud first wave supporter and feel kind of privileged to know their CM as an old guard Exile. I want that game to kick so much arse, but it won't match Wolcen for me just because I've come to realise, I'm a serious sucker for kinetic ARPG combat over the meatier math that drives a more technical ARPG like PoE or LE. So be it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info