Wolcen Hype Release!

Made another video. They nerfed Bane of Tyranny, the skill that gave you an enormous amount of damage by equipping a shield, but you really don't need it.

Hybrid builds actually work, as showcased below:

https://youtu.be/7R-6DyJMFG8

Bleeding edge has a skill mod on it that does more damage to targets the more ailment stacks they have, and this mod allows Bleeding Edge to still do insane damage, even without Bane of Tyranny. Basically, put Bleeding Edge on an ailment mage, and winner winner chicken dinner.
I quite enjoy the game, but unfortunately the endgame isn't really my cup of tea. Though to be fair, before the conquerors of the atlas update, I didn't really enjoy maps in PoE either. I also wish that there was an easier way to get unique items other than grinding harder or hoping for Zeitgeist to show up with the one you want. Some of them are could enable lots of interesting builds, but they're just too rare at the moment imo.

I'm currently playing infinity blades and anvil's woe with a staff, thanks to the infinity blades modifier that allows you to use warrior skills after hitting an enemy with it. It's a lot of fun, but also a really weird playstyle. A perfect fit for my tastes.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
I quite enjoy the game, but unfortunately the endgame isn't really my cup of tea. Though to be fair, before the conquerors of the atlas update, I didn't really enjoy maps in PoE either. I also wish that there was an easier way to get unique items other than grinding harder or hoping for Zeitgeist to show up with the one you want. Some of them are could enable lots of interesting builds, but they're just too rare at the moment imo.

I'm currently playing infinity blades and anvil's woe with a staff, thanks to the infinity blades modifier that allows you to use warrior skills after hitting an enemy with it. It's a lot of fun, but also a really weird playstyle. A perfect fit for my tastes.

The endgame isn't that awesome for endgame, but for new characters it's a whole other barrel of monkey laughs. Being told to take out Elder Demons of Flesh at level 1...ohboy. Hope you twinked a whole bunch of enneracts and gems...
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
FCK42 wrote:

Don't know if it can be of any help but until they add a proper way to trade you can get uniques you want in #trading on official discord, or just asking around in others channels kindly.

Need a bit of patience but that work just fine for now :)

As for endgame that's probably not the most enjoyable part of the game right now, but I like the direction they took with it (doesn't change much from bêta, just added few layers on top of it).

Still, it's fun and offer enough repeatable content IF you have a build you really enjoy, for bleeding edges users lot of them started to point past two days how bored they were with endgame and so on, that was to expect as a large part choose to play it for efficiency and the balance issues that come with, can kinda do the parallel with PoE for that part.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Feb 22, 2020, 1:37:44 PM
"
FCK42 wrote:
I also wish that there was an easier way to get unique items other than grinding harder or hoping for Zeitgeist to show up with the one you want. Some of them are could enable lots of interesting builds, but they're just too rare at the moment imo.

The unique items are trash. The problem is they don't beat a well rolled rare, or a halfway decent legendary item. Almost none of them are "build defining", and more importantly, they don't scale very well.

A few of them might be decent upgrades if you found them during the story, but once you get to post game, they cease to be useful, at all.

Best thing to tell people is to stop worrying about uniques, and focus on legendary items.

You got the black market that you can use to increase rarity on an item, which means if you find a decent rare, you can upgrade it to legendary through the black market. And upgrade its quality level as well. You can also upgrade the quality on crafting reagents to make them the red, legendary tier so you can reroll legendary items.

I'll show a dagger I crafted, earlier. This craps all over any unique weapon by several orders of magnitude. I like daggers as 1h, because you got more skill options, like mark of impurity.

Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Feb 22, 2020, 8:24:59 PM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"
FCK42 wrote:
I also wish that there was an easier way to get unique items other than grinding harder or hoping for Zeitgeist to show up with the one you want. Some of them are could enable lots of interesting builds, but they're just too rare at the moment imo.

The unique items are trash. The problem is they don't beat a well rolled rare, or a halfway decent legendary item. Almost none of them are "build defining", and more importantly, they don't scale very well.

A few of them might be decent upgrades if you found them during the story, but once you get to post game, they cease to be useful, at all.

Best thing to tell people is to stop worrying about uniques, and focus on legendary items.

You got the black market that you can use to increase rarity on an item, which means if you find a decent rare, you can upgrade it to legendary through the black market. And upgrade its quality level as well. You can also upgrade the quality on crafting reagents to make them the red, legendary tier so you can reroll legendary items.

I'll show a dagger I crafted, earlier. This craps all over any unique weapon by several orders of magnitude. I like daggers as 1h, because you got more skill options, like mark of impurity.

What exactly is the quality level upgrade from the transmutation forge do?

I first thought it would increase the tier of rolls on an item, but I'm unsure because I forgot to note the #s on an item I placed there for the purpose of testing that theory.

I can say it didn't affect the base item though, came out still the same.

Also, you can apparently slap unique items into the legendary upgrade and potentially come away with amazing end game gear if the rolls permit.
I know -- the obvious question is, with all this to say, why haven't I written a Steam review for it yet? Try to help combat all those mixed/negative reviews.

Simple reason: I would have no choice but to rate it 'Not Recommended'. There'd be caveats, obviously. I've gotten the game for some friends, convinced others to get it when it was cheaper, and they're all banging away at it happily. Seeing them accumulate achievements and making comments about it in my steam feed is lovely. But for anyone I didn't know, I just couldn't do it. Too much is wrong right now. Too much was rushed out. Too much is uncertain. My 'if you are X' list regarding conditions for recommending this game would be far, far too long, and far too specific. Right at the top would be 'did you find the melee in Path of Exile underwhelming, static or stodgy?' and second would be 'did you find the customisation in D3 lacking?'...and we'd go from there.

Because you need to tick quite a few unhappy/dissatisfied boxes before really appreciating what Wolcen does despite its flaws. And I'm not sure there's a need to put that in a Steam review that's just going to have a big red thumbs down as its TL;DR.

__

Fireball+Engulfing Desires+Heartpiercer is a thing of beauty. THAT is how you do Rolling Flames, GGG. Take note.

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"
FCK42 wrote:

Vanilla D3 itemization. Heck, this entire game is vanilla D3, but with a skilltree. Vanilla D3 combat, itemization, resource management, skill runes, the works. Even some of the graphics look straight out of D3, like the chests and cursed chests, for example. Got the Butcher copy-pasted over, and Belial.

Its kinda funny, tbh. People will tell you today how trash Vanilla D3 was, and in the same breath, talk about how much fun the combat and stuff is in Wolcen. Cracks me up.

Last edited by Destructodave on Feb 23, 2020, 1:53:55 PM
"
Destructodave wrote:

Its kinda funny, tbh. People will tell you today how trash Vanilla D3 was, and in the same breath, talk about how much fun the combat and stuff is in Wolcen. Cracks me up.

Do you really think there is a single player out there that will defend wolcen? I mean 10 minutes to gain infinite currency and about 2 hours to become the onehit god that isn`t able to die at all? This game has sooo many bugs and the economy was already broken on the first day. Name a single reason to like this alpha shit. Well IF it`s even alpha.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
Destructodave wrote:

Yep.
Maybe the combat in Wolcen can be relatively entertaining, but everything goes to hell when you reach the end of act 3 and you can't kill the final boss for the already famous bug that they still can't repair...

You may have had a great time, but if after more than 10 attempts a bug does not let you progress, there is absolutely nothing to defend. That the game has beautiful graphics, that it has a good story (no, it does not have it but it is only an example), that the art and decorations of the game are wonderful, that the maps are fantastically well designed, that the way of telling the story It's new... Fuck everything, I can't complete the story mode because the boss is immortal (literally, without exaggeration).
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info