[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

Slapped a few corroded fossils on daggers and got these.

Really enjoying the clear and single target, survivability seems to be an issue however. I've branched towards templar, over witch, in order to get 6.3k life. I'm utilising flesh and stone, Silent Steps, fortify, AND Wind dancer, still feel super squishy.
trash Mobs are a joke due to

Some Bosses slap the life out of me, tried steelskin but felt immortal call did a better job? may be a complete pseudo effect going on.

What are the next best defensive layers I can employ? Kintsugi worked well for my miner. May re-route the tree for 700 less life but 3m more DPS in a offensive-defensive improvement on tankier bosses.

Last edited by Dicejar on Mar 1, 2020, 4:11:07 PM
Really enjoyed this build all the way to lvl 93. Super fast mapping and relatively safe. Unfortunately the build is a bit squishy when it comes to bossing. You can kill bosses. I've done lvl 8 conquerors deathless except for the lightning conqueror. He pretty much always one shots me a few times. I would love to play it again but some how make it tankier.
Hey everyone, This guide will be updated for 3.10, it looks promising to grant us more damage without spending more points meaning we can focus more on defence. There will be a youtube video and updates here at some point. I'm away from home at league start so It might be a bit delayed, but we look to be in a really good position this far haha.
(3.9) | Poison BV Assassin (Crush T15 Metamorphs on a budget)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2714125

(3.9) | Burning Arrow Starter build
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2688339
To make room for Blade Blast would you drop Unleash Support in your 6L? I know it is still early but always fun to speculate.
Would it be viable to level up using cobra lash and then change to bv?
"
Langs wrote:
To make room for Blade Blast would you drop Unleash Support in your 6L? I know it is still early but always fun to speculate.

I will likely run a blade blast setup in a pseudo 6 link helmet and run BV in it's original 6L chest or something like that.

"
crapp7y wrote:

Absolutely, doesn't matter what you level with really.
(3.9) | Poison BV Assassin (Crush T15 Metamorphs on a budget)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2714125

(3.9) | Burning Arrow Starter build
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2688339
"
I will likely run a blade blast setup in a pseudo 6 link helmet and run BV in it's original 6L chest or something like that.

Makes sense - I was thinking it was a support gem even though it shows it being cast in the sample video! Duh.
"
Langs wrote:

At the moment I don't see how Blade Blast is going to help poison BV.
From their description, it looks like it's going to detonate all your BV stacks for one big AOE burst.
That may be nice if you're doing a build that uses BV damage itself as its main source of damage, but poison BV doesn't work like that.

Poison BV assassins use BV since it can apply lots of poisons quickly (7.5 hits per second at 10 blades, no investment into attack speed required) and has good base damage without a lot of investment (gem levels really is all you need).
That allows you to spend all your passive points on defenses and poison scaling.

You don't need help with clearing and unless Blade Blast ends up putting a huge amount of poison stacks on bosses in one go, I don't see how it would help with bossing either.

"
crapp7y wrote:

For leveling, you may want to consider one of the Youtube videos for ED/Contagion leveling that were uploaded by Zizaran and tytykiller recently.
You won't have to respec much since ED/Cont uses chaos damage and damage over time and they both start as Shadow in their videos as well.
I see a lot of uniques in your guide, however, I'm glad it seems like most of them can be replaced with self crafted rares. So is it SSF viable?
Hi, very nice build and detailed guide. I am playing a max dodge ed/cont trickster at the moment but not satisfied with single target damage.
I already scale chaos damage, tree is not really different and have 6links in my chest available. Do you think a soft transition is possible or should I absolutly start a new char and go for assassin?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info