[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

How bad would it hurt to spec out of Thick Skin and Toxic strikes as I already have the poison percent well met?

I want to put those points somewhere more useful like on the life side of the tree in the meantime until I level, but, even then I would think putting the rest would be better placed in a cluster jewel. Where would a good place for the cluster jewel be?

I have only played one league and that was like 3 years ago but have since gotten back into the game and am trying to really understand the mechanics as much as possible.

Lots of good updates and work around's people have come up with but for the ones that have nice damage and survivability it would be nice to see how you worked your tree and which jewels you used.

Don't get me wrong I am smashing through maps with no issue but am occasionally still getting one shot and tougher bosses like Sirus are a freaking pain.

One last thing, I read earlier someone was able to corrupt and only brick 10 CiP before they got two of them, WTF? I have been through 15 so far and nothing...
"
RuneVirtua wrote:
Just did A8 awakener on this build with no deaths, absolutely the most fun build i've played so far in this game.

It's also crazy effective in both clear and single target dps, single target needs some currency to truly shine though.

hey, how do you cap your res with 2 circles of nostalgia?
Boots (Two-toned with res implicit) with triple T1-res and a Belt with triple T1 res rolls + Catalysts on belt. That are a LOT of resistances, but it will be pricy.

My belt did cost me 9 exalts, but it's pretty much BiS except for a higher +DMG-craft:

"

Don't get me wrong I am smashing through maps with no issue but am occasionally still getting one shot and tougher bosses like Sirus are a freaking pain.

This build will always "just" be a dodge/evasion-build. If you get hit by Sirus, it's a one-shot. This build is not a glas-cannon-build, but it focusses on dodge and evasion, which is always a bit dependant on luck, instead of pure armor / avoidance. One-shots WILL happen every now and then. But with temp-chains, high dmg-output and mobility (always... be... moving!) you can counter that to a certain point.
what's my problem? i really struggle with single target, like guardians? could someone take a look please?

https://pastebin.com/jL9up0X1
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Jul 2, 2020, 5:47:05 PM
"
mezmery wrote:
what's my problem? i really struggle with single target, like guardians? could someone take a look please?

The pastebin wouldn't load in POB Community Fork for me, but looking at your character profile, swapping the bino's for another cold iron point and then getting the corrupt on both will help damage a lot. Also, the chaos resist while affected by agony modifier on the circle of nostalgia ring would ideally be the increased chaos damage modifier.
As second character (other is only 89 though) I decided to try this build out. Levelling was awesome, I started with cobra lash and then switched to poison BV quite early. I was flying through the acts and practically never died.

Then I finished act 10 and had a problem :)
Turned out that with 2.5k life and 20/50/20 resists mapping is an issue. I bought the diadem and impresence and started using a bino and a cold iron point. Damage was fine. It's still a bit of a challenge to get my resists maxed as the prices of the items I look for on trade are way over my budget and cheaper versions are harder to find.

Survivabilty is a problem for me. I don't have all the gear yet but even when swapping the bino's out for a second cold iron point I already noticed my survivability went down. The regen on kill really helped to sustain life and packs died easier with the bino's. Obviously the cold iron point will provide more damage but I kind of miss using the bino's.

At the moment (lvl80) I'm at 3.7k which is still low of course and I wonder how to get my survivability up. Is it really all about play style? I died to Izaro in uber lab suffering a 1-shot so I leared to just run around in that fight and just touching him occasionally to get some poisons on him. That went better. I guess this is how I should approach most content. I don't have the circle of nostalgia rings yet and the asenath's is out of reach yet for my budget but will they really offer the boost in survivability I am looking for? At the moment I still need my rare items to have my resists maxed. One of the struggles I am facing for example is burning ground. I somehow struggle to gain that life back. Perhaps I should move faster and kill more mobs? :)
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
seaside wrote:
"
RuneVirtua wrote:
Just did A8 awakener on this build with no deaths, absolutely the most fun build i've played so far in this game.

It's also crazy effective in both clear and single target dps, single target needs some currency to truly shine though.

hey, how do you cap your res with 2 circles of nostalgia?

Honestly I had it easier than most cause I'm using a cluster jewel where every small passive slot grants +3% elemental resist, it's definitely not easy to cap. You should consider taking the +18% resist nodes right above the sentinel node to help with this. Other then that it's just getting high resist rolls on boots, belt and chest.

I should also mention that the 2nd circle of nostalgia was my final upgrade and I don't think it is necessary at all.
Last edited by RuneVirtua on Jul 3, 2020, 3:11:28 AM
"
mezmery wrote:

Go for Fervour and Frenetic to bring Frenzy charges to 5.

Switch to two Cold Iron Points since you have Asenath's.

Get a second Circle of Nostalgia.

Level all your gems to 20 other than CWDT and Steelskin.

Add Aspect of the Spider on a rare piece with a free suffix, use that instead of Skitterbots.

Put Flesh and Stone in your helm instead of Portal.

Get a Very Large Thread of Hope and put it in the socket near Survivalist so you can get Heart of Oak, Revenge of the Hunted, and Swift Venoms.

Get a Sin's Rebirth flask since you don't have any other way to get Unholy Might until cluster jewels (replace your Quicksilver).

"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
As second character (other is only 89 though) I decided to try this build out. Levelling was awesome, I started with cobra lash and then switched to poison BV quite early. I was flying through the acts and practically never died.

Then I finished act 10 and had a problem :)
Turned out that with 2.5k life and 20/50/20 resists mapping is an issue. I bought the diadem and impresence and started using a bino and a cold iron point. Damage was fine. It's still a bit of a challenge to get my resists maxed as the prices of the items I look for on trade are way over my budget and cheaper versions are harder to find.

Survivabilty is a problem for me. I don't have all the gear yet but even when swapping the bino's out for a second cold iron point I already noticed my survivability went down. The regen on kill really helped to sustain life and packs died easier with the bino's. Obviously the cold iron point will provide more damage but I kind of miss using the bino's.

At the moment (lvl80) I'm at 3.7k which is still low of course and I wonder how to get my survivability up. Is it really all about play style? I died to Izaro in uber lab suffering a 1-shot so I leared to just run around in that fight and just touching him occasionally to get some poisons on him. That went better. I guess this is how I should approach most content. I don't have the circle of nostalgia rings yet and the asenath's is out of reach yet for my budget but will they really offer the boost in survivability I am looking for? At the moment I still need my rare items to have my resists maxed. One of the struggles I am facing for example is burning ground. I somehow struggle to gain that life back. Perhaps I should move faster and kill more mobs? :)

Do you have Steelskin or Immortal Call socketed with a CWDT?

Make sure to keep Blood Rage up 100% of the time. A big part of this build is continuously moving and killing enemies.

If you don't have it, add in Withering Step to help with your elusive buff. Level to max and have it on your left click.

Run a fully upgraded Lunaris pantheon.

Have a single life flask, and on your flasks make sure you have ways to remove freeze/bleeding/curses/etc.

Make sure you have Whirling Blades attached to Fortify.

You should be above 4k life, so socket in any life nodes you can that increase your life.
"
Zatheyll wrote:

Add Aspect of the Spider on a rare piece with a free suffix, use that instead of Skitterbots.

Put Flesh and Stone in your helm instead of Portal.

Get a Very Large Thread of Hope and put it in the socket near Survivalist so you can get Heart of Oak, Revenge of the Hunted, and Swift Venoms.

Get a Sin's Rebirth flask since you don't have any other way to get Unholy Might until cluster jewels (replace your Quicksilver).

dont' i need lvl4 enlighten to run flesh and stone + spider setup?
two circles out of question, since i cant really afford that kind of 10ex rares to cap res with no rings and res slot taken by spider, but will keep in mind for future.
No rest for the wicked

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info