[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

"
tffiad wrote:
"
xkyfire wrote:
Is Void Manipulation that much better than Poison support? I'm trying to figure out whether it's worth swapping out Poison support and getting the poison chance elsewhere.

investigating it too by myself, on 1st sight it looks like u dont need poison support because ur poison on hit chance is already capped via noxious strikes + coralito + herald + toxic strikes? if u run dendrobate it will fix an issue from start, because dendrobate gives 10lvl lesser poison support, which gives 40 on hit poison chance as i remember. so its 40 + 40 + 20 + coralito, and u can drop toxic strike entirely and save some sweet 6points or 5?

dpswise in pob even with capped poison on hit chance, poison support and void manipulation staying on almost same amount of dps. i dont know maybe there some sort of secondary interactions which are not showed in pob, perphaps Gr0bbs knows and can explain it.

Yes you are somewhat right about that, with Dendrobates you won't need the poison hit support gem.

The reason Grobbs recommends Void Manipulation is because it's available in an awakened version. But if you don't have access to that using the poison support for increased poison hit is a very viable option, providing about equal amounts of damage in their normal states.

Jup jup!
"
tffiad wrote:
OP started playing lately, and i just have some free time while sitting at work.

im glad if my suggestions useful.

You definitly are very useful for us all.

I do have a question for you though regarding the Large Cluster Jewel and which Notable to take.

Following Values are for my PoB and affect 'Total DPS incl. Poison'
In PoB:
- Grim Oath (10% Phys as Extra Chaos) gives 6.6%
- Wicked Pall (35% Chaos Damage and Skill Duartion) gives 4.8%
- Unholy Grace (30% Chaos Damage + 10% Attack/Cast speed) gives 4.1%

- with Overwhelming Malice (10% chance for Unholy Might on crit) you could drop Sins Rebirth and get another Flask -> any suggestion?

Why do you recommend Unholy Grace? We can get to 10 BV easily with Unleash support.
So is it correct that low tolerance is great for clear speed as it increases dmg on full up mobs, but is kinda useless for boss dps?
"
Areasy wrote:
"
tffiad wrote:
OP started playing lately, and i just have some free time while sitting at work.

You definitly are very useful for us all.

I do have a question for you though regarding the Large Cluster Jewel and which Notable to take.

Following Values are for my PoB and affect 'Total DPS incl. Poison'
In PoB:
- Grim Oath (10% Phys as Extra Chaos) gives 6.6%
- Wicked Pall (35% Chaos Damage and Skill Duartion) gives 4.8%
- Unholy Grace (30% Chaos Damage + 10% Attack/Cast speed) gives 4.1%

- with Overwhelming Malice (10% chance for Unholy Might on crit) you could drop Sins Rebirth and get another Flask -> any suggestion?

Why do you recommend Unholy Grace? We can get to 10 BV easily with Unleash support.

my bad about unholy grace, i thought it gives unholy might on crit (identical names, u know :D).

from this imo:
1. malice is BiS because having free flask slot means u can put there atziri/rumi/unlaught flask or whatever u want to. i personally will go with malice in future, because..
a) i tried a gloves shadows and dusk, which give rampage and unholy might during rampage, sadly buff does NOT refresh itself during rampage, buff pops up again once its finished for one, so uptimes feels like.. 20-30%.
b) i really love to have a combo of onslaught flask with increased movespeed during flask + quicksilver flask. add to that elusive + 20% movespeed from opportunistic and about 10% movespeed from rampage (per 20kills u get.. 1% movespeed i think> might check wiki.)

2. grim oath if u going to stick to sin's rebirth. its gonna be just best dps option from all u r not dropping flask.

3. wicked pall, this is just QoL, which makes ur BV last longer and gives some decent dps too.

atm im using wicked pall on large jewel, my BV lasts 10.25sec. im not rly sure do i need that much, but i would like to have perma unholy might while im clearing a map, so later ill swap to malice.

also for those who buying jewels:
there is not difference between 8 or 9 passive skills added for u if there are 3 notable nodes, and u plan to pick each of them. can save some money on it.

if u pick 9passive large one, u will have 1 small passive skill and the start area, initial one, and then it spreads to top and to bot side. if u have 9passive one, on top u will have 1 small passive, then next one will be a notable passive.
on bot side u will 2 small passives and then a notable skill and since u dont want to go via bot side of jewel - it doesnt matter how much passives there 1 or 2.
How does the corpse explosion on Sporeguard compare to that from a crafted chest?

Wouldn't Sporeguard with the extra curse anointment be better than the average crafted chest?
"
yobo123 wrote:
How does the corpse explosion on Sporeguard compare to that from a crafted chest?

Wouldn't Sporeguard with the extra curse anointment be better than the average crafted chest?

as i remember sporeguard explodes corpses on sort of concecrated ground only? explosive crusader chast - explodes everything, always, even mobs without corpes i think?

fungal ground*

and u gain fungal ground while standing still. the only moment when BV builds is standing still, is when u r placing toems before bossfight, there u have like 1-2sec not moving.
Last edited by tffiad on Mar 24, 2020, 7:31:20 AM
"
tffiad wrote:

my bad about unholy grace, i thought it gives unholy might on crit (identical names, u know :D).

from this imo:
1. malice is BiS because having free flask slot means u can put there atziri/rumi/unlaught flask or whatever u want to. i personally will go with malice in future, because..
a) i tried a gloves shadows and dusk, which give rampage and unholy might during rampage, sadly buff does NOT refresh itself during rampage, buff pops up again once its finished for one, so uptimes feels like.. 20-30%.
b) i really love to have a combo of onslaught flask with increased movespeed during flask + quicksilver flask. add to that elusive + 20% movespeed from opportunistic and about 10% movespeed from rampage (per 20kills u get.. 1% movespeed i think> might check wiki.)

2. grim oath if u going to stick to sin's rebirth. its gonna be just best dps option from all u r not dropping flask.

3. wicked pall, this is just QoL, which makes ur BV last longer and gives some decent dps too.

atm im using wicked pall on large jewel, my BV lasts 10.25sec. im not rly sure do i need that much, but i would like to have perma unholy might while im clearing a map, so later ill swap to malice.

there is not difference between 8 or 9 passive skills added for u if there are 3 notable nodes, and u plan to pick each of them. can save some money on it.

if u pick 9passive large one, u will have 1 small passive skill and the start area, initial one, and then it spreads to top and to bot side. if u have 9passive one, on top u will have 1 small passive, then next one will be a notable passive.
on bot side u will 2 small passives and then a notable skill and since u dont want to go via bot side of jewel - it doesnt matter how much passives there 1 or 2.

Thats great insight! I have to look into the prices but so far Id Suggest Overwhelming Malice > Grim Oath > Wicked Pall is the best priority. Of course you want 2 additional Jewel Sockets.
And also just like you I noticed that we can also go with a 9 added small passives Cluster Jewel as we can just route the other way with less nodes. Very nice work here, buddy!

Im currently trying to transition into your suggested build.
While the Large Cluster Jewel is nicely cleared up now.

Im having some struggle as to what to do with the Medium Cluster Jewels that are adjacent to the LCJ.
Currently I am using a medium one with
- Assert Dominance (25% increased AoE for recntly killed enemies)
- Towering Threat (10% inc AoE + 5% inc Life)
AoE is just for my QoL as I found the radius of BV a bit lackluster.

The second Medium Cluster Jewel of course being Megalomaniac with Low Tolerance. But wouldnt it be better if we have a rare medium cluster jewel with 'chaos damage over time multiplier' small nodes and Low Tolerance as the Notable?

Of course youd have the possibility to get a Megalomaniac with multiple notables that are useful but that might be expensive. Rare Medium Cluster Jewel with Low Tolerance might be cheap alternative.
"
Areasy wrote:
"
tffiad wrote:

from this imo:

Thats great insight! I have to look into the prices but so far Id Suggest Overwhelming Malice > Grim Oath > Wicked Pall is the best priority. Of course you want 2 additional Jewel Sockets.
And also just like you I noticed that we can also go with a 9 added small passives Cluster Jewel as we can just route the other way with less nodes. Very nice work here, buddy!

Im currently trying to transition into your suggested build.
While the Large Cluster Jewel is nicely cleared up now.

Im having some struggle as to what to do with the Medium Cluster Jewels that are adjacent to the LCJ.
Currently I am using a medium one with
- Assert Dominance (25% increased AoE for recntly killed enemies)
- Towering Threat (10% inc AoE + 5% inc Life)
AoE is just for my QoL as I found the radius of BV a bit lackluster.

The second Medium Cluster Jewel of course being Megalomaniac with Low Tolerance. But wouldnt it be better if we have a rare medium cluster jewel with 'chaos damage over time multiplier' small nodes and Low Tolerance as the Notable?

Of course youd have the possibility to get a Megalomaniac with multiple notables that are useful but that might be expensive. Rare Medium Cluster Jewel with Low Tolerance might be cheap alternative.

low tolerance rare jewels are quite expensive when it comes to 4points, so i just specially picked megalomaniac since its 25c for me and i use only 2 points there, its shortest possible allcation.

there are for sure better options dpswise if u plan to run more dps and dont bother with clearspeed. for me issue is that with 180% movespeed modifier i run faster than mobs dying, so sometimes i need to backtrack for bit or cicrle around for a bit, both of those can be lethal during derilium, so i picked low tolerance and its pretty good with bino, since bino itself does not provides a lot of dps compared to cold idon.

im very short on skill points, im in really deep thoughts about how to reallocate and optimize my tree to have all i need to get.

i want to have unnatural instinct for more hp and frenzy power charges, those are endgame thing and some QoL.

compared to my PoB in reality i dont have antivenom and golden rule yet, i even was thinnking to drop alira to kill all for 2 passives, but that way ill be very short on resists and unable to run herald of agony ring.

unless u r not in deep endgame - can forget about unnatural instinct near melding cluster.

also there is not much options for me to get corrupted blood - golden rule only. once ill get to home ill update my pob to using malice, and then maybe i can replace shadows and dusk gloves for null and void for some short phys immunity? i hope at least this works properly.
Hi guys, thanks for build Gr0bbs, i have a question- how can i approve build? Cleaning t16 is nice (have 710 deaths from start XD) but boss killing feels like little slow. My staff at the moment:

P.S sorry for my English :)
"
DreamOn322 wrote:
Hi guys, thanks for build Gr0bbs, i have a question- how can i approve build? Cleaning t16 is nice (have 710 deaths from start XD) but boss killing feels like little slow.
P.S sorry for my English :)

You need Whisper of doom on amulet. Without it you use only one curse.

---
My thoughts:
1. I can fit 5 auras (Malovelence, Hoag, Despair, Skitterbots, Aspect of spider). It's possible with Enlighten 3 lvl + 2 points to get 4% reduce from skill tree.
2. Mistwall + Immortal Call = very good setup. And it helps with res.
3. Desecrate must have in Simulacrum and lone bosses as Sirus.
4. Oneshot is still oneshot. I stucked at 91 lvl for 3 days.
Last edited by ergopotes on Mar 24, 2020, 8:58:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info