[3.12] Hasunic's Toxic Rain / Caustic Arrow Trickster | Leaguestarter | Ailment Immunity | SSF

"
Silksmith wrote:
The damage is awesome for map clear but I am spending too much time hitting bosses. Warlord took me about 4 minutes to kill but the map itself took less than 3 minutes. TR/CA both are suffering very badly on boss dps, especially the ones resisting Chaos damage. Any pointers are appreciated.
Are you gem swapping around? Because atm your profile has mirage linked with CA and pierce with TR and that makes little sense to me, it should be the other way around, unless you're gem swapping the main attack around and that's why it's like this.

I would probably try to get 1 blue socket in one of the links so you could have Caustic Arrow with conc effect for bosses and Toxic rain with mirage archer, and then if you swap around (well not sure if you do that but I assume so) have Caustic Arrow with pierce and Toxic Rain with efficacy.

Your current setup makes TR very weak because it's basically a 3.5 link as pierce has very low damage multiplier mod on it.

Also drillneck doesn't do much for this build, chaos dot is neither "hit" nor "ailment" so that part doesn't work, look into swapping it for rare quiver with damage over time multiplier. Same with the abyss gem in your belt, you should look for "increased damage over time while wielding a 2 handed weapon" instead "adds chaos damage to attacks".
As far as I understand, TR is for bossess right?
My gems are lvl 19 so its obvious dps loss, but besides that I'm not sure what I should try to improve in first place to boost single target dps.
3/4 Watchstone Conquerors are really hard to kill right now, takes over 1-2 minutes...

Can I get any suggestions what to upgrade next?
Also, is Empower really that good? In POB I dont see much improvement with lvl 4 Empower vs lvl 20 Efficacy
get more dot multi...
[3.9]Hasunic's Toxic Rain Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2712106
[3.7]Voidforge Flicker Strike Slayer: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2532214
[3.7]Oni-Goroshi Fire Vaal Reave Zerker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2583978
Oh shit, I realzied I actually dont have that on bow, instead I got increased dot... so I should change that craft to chaos damage over time multi?

Other than that - quiver can roll that mod and jewels?
"
maciek2g wrote:
Oh shit, I realzied I actually dont have that on bow, instead I got increased dot... so I should change that craft to chaos damage over time multi?

Other than that - quiver can roll that mod and jewels?

Yeah, Hunter amulet and quiver are good upgrades. Check out the gear section of the guide and also the items on the POB, shows what you can look for.
"
evilmindcz wrote:
"
Got this on my first fossil roll. SO lucky.

What fossils you used?

jagged, corroded, and metallic
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Silksmith wrote:
The damage is awesome for map clear but I am spending too much time hitting bosses. Warlord took me about 4 minutes to kill but the map itself took less than 3 minutes. TR/CA both are suffering very badly on boss dps, especially the ones resisting Chaos damage. Any pointers are appreciated.
Are you gem swapping around? Because atm your profile has mirage linked with CA and pierce with TR and that makes little sense to me, it should be the other way around, unless you're gem swapping the main attack around and that's why it's like this.

I would probably try to get 1 blue socket in one of the links so you could have Caustic Arrow with conc effect for bosses and Toxic rain with mirage archer, and then if you swap around (well not sure if you do that but I assume so) have Caustic Arrow with pierce and Toxic Rain with efficacy.

Your current setup makes TR very weak because it's basically a 3.5 link as pierce has very low damage multiplier mod on it.

Also drillneck doesn't do much for this build, chaos dot is neither "hit" nor "ailment" so that part doesn't work, look into swapping it for rare quiver with damage over time multiplier. Same with the abyss gem in your belt, you should look for "increased damage over time while wielding a 2 handed weapon" instead "adds chaos damage to attacks".

Thank you for checking. I was swapping around gems before I logged off. I was trying TR on 6 link to check the damage. I will try concentrated effect and efficacy like you recommended. Also, checked some pointers by Hasunic on the same in the guide.

I am still working on the quiver, amulet, stygian vise and abyss jewel in that order. That bow sinked all my currency but is really worth it :).

Crafted this, any idea what its worth?
Hello, hoping someone can help. Few questions/comments:

Clear Speed
Insane. Such an excellent clear build even on my 5L. I'm currently trying out Arrow Nova (AN) vs Pierce. As much as I love AN, the higher I go in maps the more I feel I need the damage. Possible 6L would be AN or Conc Effect? I assume this is just personal preference or is something objectively better?

General Tankiness & Damage
I would love to use Flesh & Stone (F&S), but without Enlighten 4 and triple -mana jewelry (or Malevolence amulet) I don't think it's possible for me. With that said, I simply cannot see me dropping Malevolence or Skitterbots for F&S. The damage loss is too great and starts to feel sluggish. Any other solutions?

Boss Damage & Mana
This is my biggest concern now. Bosses take way too long to kill which leads to mana issues on longer boss fights. I currently have -8 and -9 on ring & ammy. But because boss damage is not that high, fight tends to last a long time and I run out of mana pot, then I have to run around while Clarity regens. Solutions?

Current Gear
Spoiler

Build is feeling good so far, cruising around lvl 85 having no issues in maps for my level. Just slower than usual as harvest takes a pretty big time investment.

My gear is decent - but the 2 socket clusters with 2+ notables are going to cost a pretty penny. May have to get to crafting those. I'm running all 1 socket large into medium into small for the first section, then building out my tree following the WD + 1 cluster for now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info