[3.12] Hasunic's Toxic Rain / Caustic Arrow Trickster | Leaguestarter | Ailment Immunity | SSF

"
Hello, hoping someone can help. Few questions/comments:

Clear Speed
Insane. Such an excellent clear build even on my 5L. I'm currently trying out Arrow Nova (AN) vs Pierce. As much as I love AN, the higher I go in maps the more I feel I need the damage. Possible 6L would be AN or Conc Effect? I assume this is just personal preference or is something objectively better?

General Tankiness & Damage
I would love to use Flesh & Stone (F&S), but without Enlighten 4 and triple -mana jewelry (or Malevolence amulet) I don't think it's possible for me. With that said, I simply cannot see me dropping Malevolence or Skitterbots for F&S. The damage loss is too great and starts to feel sluggish. Any other solutions?

Boss Damage & Mana
This is my biggest concern now. Bosses take way too long to kill which leads to mana issues on longer boss fights. I currently have -8 and -9 on ring & ammy. But because boss damage is not that high, fight tends to last a long time and I run out of mana pot, then I have to run around while Clarity regens. Solutions?

Current Gear
Spoiler

You could try culling strike swap for bosses, should make it a little faster. For F&S, if you don't think you're dying too much then don't worry about it.

As for your items, you could go for +1 to chaos gems on amulet, and figure out a way to get frenzy into your build like on redeemer chest.

Also can anoint something besides aspect of the eagle, like corruption or one of the 25% increased skill effect duration notables.
Is TR still good for bossing? I've replaced TR to CA in my bow and have +100k dps in pob.
guys, are u using TR now or 3.11 nerfed it?
"
AgentDaun wrote:
I've replaced TR to CA in my bow and have +100k dps in pob.
Yeah cuz default pob counts toxic rain "dps" as 1 pod. Doesn't count the pod overlap from increased aoe or how many pods you can have up at the same time (factor of attack speed and skill duration). In the time caustic arrow does damage from 1 cast toxic rain could do damage 20 times already. Unless it's some boss you have to run around a lot and can't squeeze the casts.
Thanks for the guide, Hasunic (and everyone posting in the thread)!

Took it as a league starter - first time playing TR, CA or trickster, and Harvest is my third league ever, so it feels good to have a detailed guide to follow.

Failed to kill awakening 2 Crusader, because I was pretty much using a white 6-link Imperial bow from cards and levelling gear, so I bought and Harvest crafted a few iLevel 76 rares to slap life and resists everywhere, hit the bow with fossils once (+1 socketed gems, +2 socketed bow gems).

Absolutely cruising through high yellow/low reds, got Coward's Trial from my first ever red Zana mission, so decided to see what's up in there.

Cortex. A cortex map was what was up in there.

Checked trade, and threw it up in my only trade tab for 2 ex.

The first dude to message me asked if I took chaos, and I didn't really want to; so we kind of got to talking, and he mentioned he was buying Cortex maps because he expected the price to get even higher. I googled a bit, and apparently it hit around 5 ex during Delirium.

I don't really need any immediate upgrade, so I guess I'm not trading it for now either.

Thank you (and hope you get to buy someone else's Cortex soon) random internet stranger!
"
Spoiler
"

Clear Speed
Insane. Such an excellent clear build even on my 5L. I'm currently trying out Arrow Nova (AN) vs Pierce. As much as I love AN, the higher I go in maps the more I feel I need the damage. Possible 6L would be AN or Conc Effect? I assume this is just personal preference or is something objectively better?

I would love to use Flesh & Stone (F&S), but without Enlighten 4 and triple -mana jewelry (or Malevolence amulet) I don't think it's possible for me. With that said, I simply cannot see me dropping Malevolence or Skitterbots for F&S. The damage loss is too great and starts to feel sluggish. Any other solutions?

Boss Damage & Mana
This is my biggest concern now. Bosses take way too long to kill which leads to mana issues on longer boss fights. I currently have -8 and -9 on ring & ammy. But because boss damage is not that high, fight tends to last a long time and I run out of mana pot, then I have to run around while Clarity regens. Solutions?

Current Gear
Spoiler

You could try culling strike swap for bosses, should make it a little faster. For F&S, if you don't think you're dying too much then don't worry about it.

As for your items, you could go for +1 to chaos gems on amulet, and figure out a way to get frenzy into your build like on redeemer chest.

Also can anoint something besides aspect of the eagle, like corruption or one of the 25% increased skill effect duration notables.
Culling Strike on TR link? Instead of Mirage Archer?
I was thinking of annointing Exceptional Performance (25% duration), is this more damage than Corruption on boss?
Hey guys how this build go in blighted maps? its good?
"
gokudin wrote:
Hey guys how this build go in blighted maps? its good?
With Arrow Nova, it's super good, assuming you have enough damage.
Dont know if you guys already tried but its rly funny
"
"
Spoiler
"

Clear Speed

Boss Damage & Mana

Current Gear
Spoiler

Culling Strike on TR link? Instead of Mirage Archer?
I was thinking of annointing Exceptional Performance (25% duration), is this more damage than Corruption on boss?

I’ve seen people go either way on the anoint. Can try it out and see which feels better for you. I left mirage archer in my setup with culling strike but I would also try it out yourself and see what you think.
Are there any good spots for Unnatural instinct in the new patch?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info