[3.12] Hasunic's Toxic Rain / Caustic Arrow Trickster | Leaguestarter | Ailment Immunity | SSF

Downed A4 Sirus with 2 deaths. The boss damage just doesn't seem to be quite there yet. POB says 550K with pierce.

Arrow nova support is hilariously good for clear though.

Gear:

Spoiler

Hey Hasunic and the rest of you!

I really enjoy the build, its the first time I play chaos dot and obviously the first time I play CA/ TR.

This is my current gear, what should be my next upgrade path?

Spoiler

I swap Arrow Nova for Pierce while clearing and sometimes MA on TR, though I use it only for bosses.

I killed Dox mit awakening level 3 and he was reaaally tanky and my damage felt bad..
Would it be worth, to buy another 6L imperial bow and make it +2 with essence and use a weapon swap for single target TR? Really no idea how the damage will scale, right now I have fear that its not enough for hightier bosses and shaper/ elder/ sirus.
I discovered yesterday you could roll culling strike on a cluster jewel, so I made this:
Misery Everlasting
25% increased Despair Curse Effect
10% increased Skill Effect Duration

Wish for Death
Curse Skills have 20% increased Skill Effect Duration
You have Culling Strike against Cursed Enemies

You could also get some other neat things on curse jewels that no one really talks about. Just something to consider.
"
I discovered yesterday you could roll culling strike on a cluster jewel, so I made this:
Misery Everlasting
25% increased Despair Curse Effect
10% increased Skill Effect Duration

Wish for Death
Curse Skills have 20% increased Skill Effect Duration
You have Culling Strike against Cursed Enemies

You could also get some other neat things on curse jewels that no one really talks about. Just something to consider.
Nice. What method did you use to craft?

And nobody talks about it because 1) it's much harder to roll good stuff on a jewel (yours is very good!) 2) the despair node was stealth added in 3.11 and not many people know about it (I only found out in another TR thread it exists).

On the other hand they nerfed some curse nodes, for example in delirium I had one with 5% dodge chance against cursed enemy and they changed that to blind enemies for 4 sec when you curse (which is much weaker because you can easily get other sources of blind, while you can't easily get dodge cap outside of elusive procs / vaal grace).

Oh, and they also nerfed the intimidate + unnerve one to only unnerve, meanwhile tied intimidate to warcry node. But sadly neither works for TR so it's a bummer.

There are some funny nodes that are related to how close is your curse to expiry but that's not able to be used on any build with automated curses. :(
"
Viktranka wrote:
Nice. What method did you use to craft?

It's nothing fancy, literally alt/aug/regal spam. I was bored last night and had 32 alts and 4 regals I wanted to throw around haha. I was actually going for Evil Eye + Wish for Death + Socket. Hit this instead. I actually think it's easier to craft this with Harvest.

PS. a jewel w/ those nodes are on SC trade for 25c, very underrated for the price ;)

On another note:
Should I be using Conc Effect for a 6L on CA or Empower?
Same question for TR, Efficacy or Empower on 6L?
Wow, that's actually promising that mediums are still able to be crafted, I wanted to go for a flask wheel at some point and hoping 2 notables + socket is still doable.

If you have a +1 to socketed gems on a bow it double dips with empower (you get 1 lvl from gem and another from empower) so at that point empower probably is better, also it needs to be rank 3+, rank 2 is kinda weak.

Conc effect is really strong for CA single target damage but if you're swapping to arrow nova for mapping you'd need vorici white socket because 1 is blue other is green. Pierce is kinda meh after you get penetrating quiver and pierce nodes from tree. It has really low damage attached to it.
Last edited by Viktranka on Jun 24, 2020, 1:08:10 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:
Wow, that's actually promising that mediums are still able to be crafted, I wanted to go for a flask wheel at some point and hoping 2 notables + socket is still doable.

If you have a +1 to socketed gems on a bow it double dips with empower (you get 1 lvl from gem and another from empower) so at that point empower probably is better, also it needs to be rank 3+, rank 2 is kinda weak.

Conc effect is really strong for CA single target damage but if you're swapping to arrow nova for mapping you'd need vorici white socket because 1 is blue other is green. Pierce is kinda meh after you get penetrating quiver and pierce nodes from tree. It has really low damage attached to it.

Yeah, I figured Empower 2 was weak. So what I'm gathering is, Efficacy until I get Empower 3.

I am currently swapping Arrow Nova & Pierce on my CA link for mapping VS bossing. I don't boss a lot w/ CA, but my POB #'s are high so I kept doing it, haha. But it's VERY notcible damage difference when I replace Arrow Nova with Pierce, I always keep Conc Effect in.

This is my current quiver I'm working on. Not sure how to get rid of Stun from Harvest (don't think I can, might have to YOLO annul). From what I'm gathering, with a Pen quiver + the 2 small Pierce nodes on tree, it's better if I complete drop Pierce and permanently keep Arrow Nova + Conc Effect or is there a better combination? I do not mind 1 gem swap.
"
Thanks for the guide, Hasunic (and everyone posting in the thread)!

Took it as a league starter - first time playing TR, CA or trickster, and Harvest is my third league ever, so it feels good to have a detailed guide to follow.

Failed to kill awakening 2 Crusader, because I was pretty much using a white 6-link Imperial bow from cards and levelling gear, so I bought and Harvest crafted a few iLevel 76 rares to slap life and resists everywhere, hit the bow with fossils once (+1 socketed gems, +2 socketed bow gems).

Absolutely cruising through high yellow/low reds, got Coward's Trial from my first ever red Zana mission, so decided to see what's up in there.

Cortex. A cortex map was what was up in there.

Checked trade, and threw it up in my only trade tab for 2 ex.

The first dude to message me asked if I took chaos, and I didn't really want to; so we kind of got to talking, and he mentioned he was buying Cortex maps because he expected the price to get even higher. I googled a bit, and apparently it hit around 5 ex during Delirium.

I don't really need any immediate upgrade, so I guess I'm not trading it for now either.

Thank you (and hope you get to buy someone else's Cortex soon) random internet stranger!

A lot of stuff goes up in prices as people get richer.
"

I am currently swapping Arrow Nova & Pierce on my CA link for mapping VS bossing. I don't boss a lot w/ CA, but my POB #'s are high so I kept doing it, haha. But it's VERY notcible damage difference when I replace Arrow Nova with Pierce, I always keep Conc Effect in.

This is my current quiver I'm working on. Not sure how to get rid of Stun from Harvest (don't think I can, might have to YOLO annul). From what I'm gathering, with a Pen quiver + the 2 small Pierce nodes on tree, it's better if I complete drop Pierce and permanently keep Arrow Nova + Conc Effect or is there a better combination? I do not mind 1 gem swap.

Why would you need Pierce for bosses?

Sweet
[3.9]Hasunic's Toxic Rain Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2712106
[3.7]Voidforge Flicker Strike Slayer: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2532214
[3.7]Oni-Goroshi Fire Vaal Reave Zerker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2583978

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info