[3.12] Hasunic's Toxic Rain / Caustic Arrow Trickster | Leaguestarter | Ailment Immunity | SSF

"
leafyr0kr wrote:
One quick question:

Is using Flesh and Stone + Thread of Hope and all the nodes it includes a big defensive upgrade? I'm rocking almost 10k combined life/ES, but sometimes stuff still blow me in a matter of instants, even with Vaal Grace up (mostly projectiles shotgunning me, but still).
Tbh I'm gonna probably end up using thread of hope for phase acro + atziri step this season because it's the easiest way to get a big chunk of spell dodge and I think a lot of delirium "1-shots" are ranged spells. Then with vaal grace or elusive you can reach spell dodge cap, I'm probably gonna stick to quartz flask in one of the slots just in case.

On the other hand flesh & stone is -11% damage from ranged attacks, so if these "projectiles" are perchance attacks not spells, then this should help a bit.
could some of you guys be so nice and check my gear for cheap upgrades. im poor af :-/
"
anymaaan wrote:
could some of you guys be so nice and check my gear for cheap upgrades. im poor af :-/

Lvl 20 toxic rain should be cheap over 19, dunno about +2 bows, I bought +2 5-link over 6-link without any, but yours is +1 so you'd have to check what's better for you atm.

Quiver could have 80+ life easily, ones with no dps stats are cheap.

Same with the chest... 30 life ugh. If you can't find any cheap rare I'd say look into Carcass Jack or Kintsugi or Cherrubim.

Boots you can get better for sub 5c, they don't even have innate movement speed, and 26 life...

Belt pretty sure you can get double resist there, even if you drop a bit life there for now and just get it on slots that are rly low.

Also keep in mind chaos to attacks doesn't help much. Damn, I crafted mana on my items because I have nothing unlocked yet.

Literally one thing I'd focus on your armor pieces is always get decent amount of life and at least double resist on items as long as you need them, together with any stat requirements you need for gems (str / int / dex).

Only after that worry about damage stats, evasion / es stats and so forth.

Also if you're using lvl 17 clarity I'd say get rings / neck with % mana regen increase until you get -mana crafts.
solved the issue with the guide maker - typo got fixed.
deleting this to not confuse people.
Last edited by return33 on Mar 24, 2020, 5:05:21 AM
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
anymaaan wrote:

Lvl 20 toxic rain should be cheap over 19, dunno about +2 bows, I bought +2 5-link over 6-link without any, but yours is +1 so you'd have to check what's better for you atm.

Quiver could have 80+ life easily, ones with no dps stats are cheap.

Same with the chest... 30 life ugh. If you can't find any cheap rare I'd say look into Carcass Jack or Kintsugi or Cherrubim.

Boots you can get better for sub 5c, they don't even have innate movement speed, and 26 life...

Belt pretty sure you can get double resist there, even if you drop a bit life there for now and just get it on slots that are rly low.

Also keep in mind chaos to attacks doesn't help much. Damn, I crafted mana on my items because I have nothing unlocked yet.

Literally one thing I'd focus on your armor pieces is always get decent amount of life and at least double resist on items as long as you need them, together with any stat requirements you need for gems (str / int / dex).

Only after that worry about damage stats, evasion / es stats and so forth.

Also if you're using lvl 17 clarity I'd say get rings / neck with % mana regen increase until you get -mana crafts.

thx for the long answer!
why does chaos to attacks not much? could you explain ?
"
flesh and stone is a pretty big defensive upgrade but its not going to save you from walking into a bunch of projectiles

yeah, spent some money on the defensive part of the build and I think that I just hit a sweet spot.

switched to vertex so I could get a +1 lvl to gem on enlighten and linked it (lv 2) to all the auras. sitting comfortably with 59 mana to spare. no luck getting the ring craft for -8 mana cost to non-channeling skills, tho.

also managed to get a sweet bow and quiver, both with t1 damage over time modifier rolls

now to get 4ex for the bow craft, maybe get a 21 TR if it's comfy enough to use for clearing (and then stick with it), and then focus on the bigger upgrades (unnatural instinct for more passive points, clarity watcher's eye, etc).

doing t15's comfortably.
Last edited by leafyr0kr on Mar 23, 2020, 7:08:43 PM
"
anymaaan wrote:

why does chaos to attacks not much?
Because we don't scale the hit, we scale the pod. The pod doesn't take values from attack damage (bow damage, added damage to attacks etc.) but has innate value per gem level and that's why we want +gem levels on bow and later on on amulet too, also that's why empower is good in end game setup.

anyone can check my char please, my single target dps is so low idk why.
Hi Guys,

i just switched from pure life base CA only build where I had ~700k Dps to this one spending about 10 Ex for the Gear you see below:

Gear:

Jewels:
I have Unnatural Instinct & Thread of Hope. Rest I tried to cap Res first. Profile is Public.

Flasks (Not yet updated, can ignore this as well):

after this invest I have a "hard" time completing T15/16 that I was steamrolling before, although dying ~1 per map when going for full Delirium.

Now I dont feel like I have any improvement and damage feels lacking a lot - is it only due to missing gem levels or am I doing something wrong?

Still feel like dying a lot after trying a few maps just now.

Thanks for the support, still have about 2Ex to spend on upgrades.

Returned back to this league after several leagues away....

Excuse my ignorance if the answer is simple, but do we use both CA & TR?

Is CA clear and TR boss?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info