I just quit my job tonight. Cold, no plans.

"
de99ial wrote:
PS. Dont worry about job.
I hate to be the adult in the room, but that's terribly bad advice. Worry about money before, not as, it becomes an issue.

And actually I enjoy being the adult in the room.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
de99ial wrote:
PS. Dont worry about job.
I hate to be the adult in the room, but that's terribly bad advice. Worry about money before, not as, it becomes an issue.

And actually I enjoy being the adult in the room.

No. The reality works pretty simple. You have two currencies Time and Attention. The Cosmic Care Rule says that "what You care about - grows; what You stop carying about - dies". So what thats means is what You care about - so on what You spent Your Time and Attention grows, and ferom what You turn over Your Time and Attention, so stop carying, dies.

If You worry You are spending Youer Time and Attention on worrying so all You will get from it is more worrying. Simple. Not easy. Focus on solutions not on problems.
Well, that seems a bit nitpicky of you. I meant to focus on solving financial problems before they arrive, not to pointlessly worry without finding a solution. Obviously worrying doesn't solve anything in and of itself.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
You have your priorities in order. Family comes before the job.
"
Destructodave wrote:
Thanks for the replies guys. Yea, I've took this week to just recollect and take a breather, and we had a lot of estate things to deal with and get sorted out.

I'm sure I'll have another job soon. I mean in the end, it was not my career. It was a mill job. I just cant see myself making a career at a place like that or for people like that.

I'm sure my granddad is happy I quit; he hated me at that job. Always told me these companies dont give a shit about you so dont base your life around them. And he was right.

On a related note, since he was so frugal. He had already paid for his own cremation cause he hates spectacles and stuff, so he didnt want a memorial. He always said if he knew when he was gonna die, he would just drive over there and save the transfer fee, lol. Anyways, on his papers he said he wanted put in a cardboard box.

my kind of guy.

If any of his iron balls trickled down your way, you've GOT this.

Every now and then I see a variation on the following as a bumper sticker

"[Insert ethnic group here] make the worst toilet paper. We're not wrapped too tight, we're abrasive, and we don't take any shit off any assholes."

Be the Worst Toilet Paper you can be.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
Stubby83 wrote:
You have your priorities in order. Family comes before the job.
Again, I find myself inclined to disagree with the consensus. While OP's family was alive, work was prioritized. Upon the death of that family, OP got very angry, which makes sense, but directed that anger towards accomplices of the party responsible. But it's too late now, the damage is done, and throwing blame around doesn't solve anything.

I'm not saying this to be a troll or to stir up disagreement. I just believe that the first step to recovery is admitting the nature of the hurt. The opening post of this thread is a confession (and thus deserves a gentle touch, respecting the trust of the confessional), but that doesn't mean that it's okay for the audience to reply "you did nothing wrong." OP's regret is the source of his pain and you can't heal regret that way. Y'all are just trying to bury it in sugar-coated self-deception.

Molasses edit: Right now OP is a man burdened by tremendous guilt, who has engaged in self-destructive behavior. That's evidence of subconscious self-loathing and a possible warning sign that professional help may be appropriate.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Dec 19, 2019, 6:29:28 PM
Sorry for your loss. I'm happy that you were able to get as close as you did before he passed. He seemed like an inspiring fellow. I thought you clearly described your situation and made the proper decisions. You did right. Good luck on your future career although I doubt you will need much luck. Which ever company ends up hiring you will have made an excellent decision.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Well, that seems a bit nitpicky of you. I meant to focus on solving financial problems before they arrive, not to pointlessly worry without finding a solution. Obviously worrying doesn't solve anything in and of itself.

Why You want to create problems before they arrive? Why would You want to think about something that isnt here?
I'm so sorry for your loss.

You did the right thing, in a job where you may put yourself in harm's ways because you are emotionally and mentally unable to focus properly sometimes you have to take your own wellbeing into account when no one else will.

I don't know What state you live in but if your grandfather raised you as a child then some states will consider him your parent even if the federal statue doesn't.

I hope you find something better for you and when you are looking for a new job make sure you let them know you were his primary caregiver for 6 years. Rather than hurt your job chances it may help as it shows uncommon loyalty and responsibility on your part.

Good Luck.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

I have some problem
Last edited by shurqaros on Dec 20, 2019, 1:24:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info