[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

Cold Conduction node ("enemies chilled by your hits are shocked") does seem to work the way I thought which is very good. You will both chill and shock with this node which is extremely good. I THINK it applies base shock which is 15% (as opposed to Shocking Conflux). That last part is pure speculation but it would make sense mechanic-wise.

"
Tagnol wrote:
So I had a shower thought, and I want someone to tell me that's dumb. But instead of faster casting in our frostbolt links. Wouldn't power charge on crit be huge and basically allow us to drop skyforths?

This is possible and I have thought about in the past, but there are several reasons I don't do this. (1) Faster Casting on Frostbolt is more important than it seems, shaving off .05-.07 seconds doesn't seem like a lot, but considering you have to Frostbolt every ~1 second in your rotation, it's like 5-10% more DPS. Plus it just feels smoother. (2) Rate of Power Charge generation with Skyforth is much higher, and hence Endurance Charges as well from Conviction of Power. You won't maintain Endurance Charges on bosses with just Frostbolt-PCoC setup. (3) Skyforth is useful for the stun threshold effect / flat +120 mana / 30% movespeed too. (4) If you use the Premium Build, power charges are already taken care of by Farrul's Fur (its main purpose is frenzy charges, the power charges are just a bonus).
Last edited by Arcinde on Mar 15, 2020, 6:18:45 AM
I'm curious if it's just the fact my resistances are garbage but is anyone with the build having trouble with delirium content? Find that if I offscreen I'm fine but the second I get jumped in melee might as well just hit revive in town.
"
I'm curious if it's just the fact my resistances are garbage but is anyone with the build having trouble with delirium content? Find that if I offscreen I'm fine but the second I get jumped in melee might as well just hit revive in town.

Well I can only speak for myself but Its been decent for me since ACT 6 when I switched to ice nova. I put Holy flame totem in my build with phantoms to help me out. When something dangerous gets near me I just steelskin, flame dash, drop totem and start pounding it with the nova/bolt combo.

My gear isn't that great and I fly through delirium packs. Certain bosses are a little slow since I only have a 4 link and not quite sure which are the best gems yet.

I made sure my resistances were 75 even if it costs me a stat.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, because I'm struggling to kill any yellow rare or any boss, it feels like I'm throwing them with paper. If anyone can help
"
SpectrellV wrote:
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, because I'm struggling to kill any yellow rare or any boss, it feels like I'm throwing them with paper. If anyone can help

OOoofft dude your weapon is beyond the worst thing imaginable...

It has nothing on it, like not a single mod that the guide says is required that scales your damage.

Upgrade that to one with those few mods mentioned in the guide and you'll notice a major increase.
"
veenarm wrote:
"
qlasboy wrote:
Leveiling is nightmare, i try to change to frostbol/ice nova in act 6 not possible, i died about 70 times now! Drama, second time cand do cruel lab, paper, paper...

- Your precision is level 15 this should be level 1 (using way more mana reservation than you should for little gain.
- Clarity is level 15, roll back to level 1 as per above.

Most of your gear is horrible, belt is level 8 with no life
no resistance on your gloves

Level 1 Precision: 20% crit chance
Level 20: 58% crit chance
Mana reservation difference: 164

That's not a negligible difference in crit chance. When we are pushing 4-5K mana, an extra 164 mana reservation is not a big deal.
"
"
veenarm wrote:
"
qlasboy wrote:
Leveiling is nightmare, i try to change to frostbol/ice nova in act 6 not possible, i died about 70 times now! Drama, second time cand do cruel lab, paper, paper...

- Your precision is level 15 this should be level 1 (using way more mana reservation than you should for little gain.
- Clarity is level 15, roll back to level 1 as per above.

Most of your gear is horrible, belt is level 8 with no life
no resistance on your gloves

Level 1 Precision: 20% crit chance
Level 20: 58% crit chance
Mana reservation difference: 164

That's not a negligible difference in crit chance. When we are pushing 4-5K mana, an extra 164 mana reservation is not a big deal.

true since the nerf down to 20 from 40 it's not that bad, but if your'e struggling to stay alive more mana more life
"
My question is: Should i roll this or Assassin version (mathil had a guide on it) and what's your opinion on Hiro VS Inquisitor vs Assassin? I know as assassin u can re-spec into CoC version later but i'm not interested in that on

Good question. I want to hear the answer to that question
Which gem combos should we use the ones in power point or POB ? Cause controled destruction fcks with your crit no ?
where is this:

Up to 88% Attack Avoid Ch.
+ Up to 67% Spell Avoid Ch.

? I see none in pob.. maybe its only in the 50ex build with farruls?

Having hard time regaining HP and mana if im low on both.. basically survivability is worse than my glass cannon ranger. Get hit - die.
I swear if they make some maven "Simon says" insta-death minigame, sirus, exarch ball minigame then i wont play poe2.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info