[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

"
Koyinka wrote:
Does this bugfix hurt the build ?

"
Fixed a bug which caused skills with damaging effects that were disconnected from the initial skill use (such as Molten Strike, Fire Storm, Wild Strike, and a number of others) which were supported by effects that triggered multiple successive uses of the skill (Multistrike, Greater Spell Echo and Unleash) to not apply the support gem's damage penalty or enhancement to those delayed effects, or even to the successive skill uses. This resulted in less damage being dealt by several skills when supported by Multistrike than they were intended to deal, and more damage by skills supported by Greater Spell Echo and Unleash.

It has no effect.

Ice Nova's damage is tied to the initial cast. Aka, when you cast ice nova, all of its damage is done at once.

This applies to spells who's damage is dealt after the initial cast as part of new projectiles. For example, molten strike spawns balls that explode, firestorm spawns fireballs from the sky, wild strike has a secondary explosion.

So this won't have any impact on this build.
"
obonut wrote:
Looks very good.

Suitable for league starter?

Pledge of hands 6L is gonna be pretty tough to get early on.

played this build last league and it was still surprisingly good on a 4-5 link while mapping farming fusings
"
V4ldaran wrote:
"
Arcinde wrote:
My thoughts on the 3.10 Patch Notes. I also added this to the main post.

- Enduring flask nerf: "The 'Enduring' modifier on mana flasks now has 30% reduced duration (from 25%) and now also has 30% reduced Amount Recovered." Slight mana recovery nerf. Might be annoying for Omeyocan (Delve) build but hardly noticeable otherwise.

And you cant queue it anymore, thats the real nerf.

I'm confused by that. The notes say "Flasks with this modifier are no longer queued while a stronger effect is active. Instead, the duration will continue to expire with no effect until the stronger flask effect ends or the Enduring flask's duration expires completely." Wouldn't this only matter if you were using two or more mana flasks?
"
"Fixed a bug which caused skills with damaging effects that were disconnected from the initial skill use (such as Molten Strike, Fire Storm, Wild Strike, and a number of others) which were supported by effects that triggered multiple successive uses of the skill (Multistrike, Greater Spell Echo and Unleash) to not apply the support gem's damage penalty or enhancement to those delayed effects, or even to the successive skill uses. This resulted in less damage being dealt by several skills when supported by Multistrike than they were intended to deal, and more damage by skills supported by Greater Spell Echo and Unleash."

I actually think they just conflated Spell Echo and Greater Spell Echo. They tied the normal damage penalty of Spell Echo to GSE for some reason, otherwise there is no reason why it would be doing more damage than intended with the bug. Unless, of course, the wiki is wrong about GSE having no damage penalty.
How would you level this build in 3.10 ? Any changes? Could you make a little update on how to level this on league start?
I have question. There is antother ice nova/frostbol build on poe forum but on guardian ascendary. What are the differences, what is stroneger, much tankier etc? Pls anwser:-)
"
iargue wrote:
"
faraazahmed wrote:
Is there a way to improve single target dps for bosses?

Watch the video?

Single target damage for bosses is already at omfg levels. Idk why you want to increase them higher than that?

I leveled this up towards end of Metamorph and am continuing to test the build in Standard while waiting for 3.10.

I have the standard build set up with all the gear mentioned in the PoB. I am finding this build has a hard time against certain bosses like Chimera, Minotaur, Acid Caverns (basically anything where the boss closes the gap with you).

Hydra took a long time to kill as well, he did the disappear and spawn adds thing 5 times, whereas with my other builds Hydra usually dies within 1 wave of adds spawning.

Hence my question.
What about mind of the council helmet?
I swear if they make some maven "Simon says" insta-death minigame, sirus, exarch ball minigame then i wont play poe2.
"
Arcinde wrote:
"
V4ldaran wrote:
"
Arcinde wrote:
My thoughts on the 3.10 Patch Notes. I also added this to the main post.

- Enduring flask nerf: "The 'Enduring' modifier on mana flasks now has 30% reduced duration (from 25%) and now also has 30% reduced Amount Recovered." Slight mana recovery nerf. Might be annoying for Omeyocan (Delve) build but hardly noticeable otherwise.

And you cant queue it anymore, thats the real nerf.

I'm confused by that. The notes say "Flasks with this modifier are no longer queued while a stronger effect is active. Instead, the duration will continue to expire with no effect until the stronger flask effect ends or the Enduring flask's duration expires completely." Wouldn't this only matter if you were using two or more mana flasks?

Mark_GGG confirmed that they dont queue anymore:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/fgp1yr/can_enduring_mana_flasks_be_still_queued_to/fk6063k/?context=3
"
qlasboy wrote:
I have question. There is antother ice nova/frostbol build on poe forum but on guardian ascendary. What are the differences, what is stroneger, much tankier etc? Pls anwser:-)

Guardian is tankier, though Radiant Faith was nerfed a bit, so it lost a little durability, but not too much. Hiero has much better damage and free AOE.

"
faraazahmed wrote:
I leveled this up towards end of Metamorph and am continuing to test the build in Standard while waiting for 3.10.

I have the standard build set up with all the gear mentioned in the PoB. I am finding this build has a hard time against certain bosses like Chimera, Minotaur, Acid Caverns (basically anything where the boss closes the gap with you).

Hydra took a long time to kill as well, he did the disappear and spawn adds thing 5 times, whereas with my other builds Hydra usually dies within 1 wave of adds spawning.

Hence my question.

You're absolutely nuts. I was pushing well over 40mil Shaper DPS by the end of the league, and even with Standard gear, was clearing all content (including Sirus/Guardians/UE) easily. With premium gear, I was killing 900+ depth Auls relatively quickly (though obviously not zHP quickly). Here's an 830 vid if you want to see it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RoaJzVQ70c&t=1s

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info