Development Manifesto: Balance in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

"
"
Welp guess im going from 50-100 death to 100-150 deaths per campaign. They're really doing their best to kill this game for people who physical disabilities limiting their skill when playing :(. I've played 5k hours and never gotten to red maps because of my limitations. I've never once complained about this but this new patch is a straight up "fuck you" to players like me! WTG GGG

So they need nerf all content??? just for very small group people who somehow cant achieve endgame content?? Are you serious??

who said anything about nerfing content? Was specifically talking about how they are making the story tougher AND i even said idc that i cant make it to red maps as i know 99% of people can. Shoulda known there would be people like you commenting -.-
"
ldrufio wrote:
Hyped!

Natalia_GGG, is that you again :)?
Sweet stuff, taking players too a place where they actually think of playing something else than playing minions and Oos. :)
"
Ant1Life wrote:
"
N4rk0tyk wrote:
What sucks is that you decided to completely get rid of cyclone from the game. First you do a cyclone nerf to “bring 2 h cyclone weapons closer to 1h weapons with huge range”, and now you figured that you gonna nerf 2h cyclone weapons.

The only weapons for cyclone (not CoC cyclone) that are somehow viable are elder 2h rates that we make into 7-links, Starforge and Voidforge. Starforge and Voidforge are going to be way more rare due to Elder/Shaper event rarity, and rare elder 2H will be nearly useless without the rolled lvl 20 support. Throw a multimod nerf on top so we cannot realistically craft what we needed already that limits us further from crafting physical % on bench, and voila, you just nerfed actual cyclone even further.

Why are you doing it? Nobody outside of few melee fanatics plays those builds anyways.

Just try Jugg and Pillar of the Caged God. You will be very surprised how strong he is.

So if 1 thing is strong in the game,we should nerf everything just in case?

Discharge was strong and we used to have wand dischargers,staff dischargers,bow dischargers,dagger dischargers,Mjolner and so on.Everybody used to love discharge,and Discharge was a core skill which was unique to this game...

Where is discharge now?Forgotten and useless...

same thing happened to Kinetic Blast,burning Arrow and ignite,Explosive Arrow and many more skills.

If you take that in consideration,it speaks clearly that Killing a Meta skill is NOT the way to go!

Tweaking it with creativity like Tornado shot IS the way to go.

Many people have spoken and i think they are right in that,Nerfs are made based on the 1% mirrored top tier builds.The average Joe does 50-100 000 dmg if at all,and he has to strugle to kill shaper for 10 minutes.Same time some one runs 20 shapers in 10 minutes.

This alone kills the lower end Builds!
"
Some modifiers no longer appear on Shaper or Elder items, like the "increased Physical Damage and Socketed Gems are Supported By" modifiers on Two Handed Weapons.

So what will happen to the weapons who acutally have these modifiers on them ... ? Crafted for nothing ? Lost ?
"
"
Some modifiers no longer appear on Shaper or Elder items, like the "increased Physical Damage and Socketed Gems are Supported By" modifiers on Two Handed Weapons.

So what will happen to the weapons who acutally have these modifiers on them ... ? Crafted for nothing ? Lost ?

they are going legacy. the mods themselves will be removed from the rollable pool but most likely remain on rolled gear
They forget about Diablo i think. Time to liberate. No more idiotic nerf. BB ppl.
Super excited about the buffs to Wands also glad to see GGG talking about a wand update indirectly. Cant wait to see what I can get going on an Occultist frenzy wander this league. Thanks for all the hard work!
"
KillerFit wrote:
"
Ant1Life wrote:
"
N4rk0tyk wrote:
What sucks is that you decided to completely get rid of cyclone from the game. First you do a cyclone nerf to “bring 2 h cyclone weapons closer to 1h weapons with huge range”, and now you figured that you gonna nerf 2h cyclone weapons.

The only weapons for cyclone (not CoC cyclone) that are somehow viable are elder 2h rates that we make into 7-links, Starforge and Voidforge. Starforge and Voidforge are going to be way more rare due to Elder/Shaper event rarity, and rare elder 2H will be nearly useless without the rolled lvl 20 support. Throw a multimod nerf on top so we cannot realistically craft what we needed already that limits us further from crafting physical % on bench, and voila, you just nerfed actual cyclone even further.

Why are you doing it? Nobody outside of few melee fanatics plays those builds anyways.

Just try Jugg and Pillar of the Caged God. You will be very surprised how strong he is.

So if 1 thing is strong in the game,we should nerf everything just in case?

Discharge was strong and we used to have wand dischargers,staff dischargers,bow dischargers,dagger dischargers,Mjolner and so on.Everybody used to love discharge,and Discharge was a core skill which was unique to this game...

Where is discharge now?Forgotten and useless...

same thing happened to Kinetic Blast,burning Arrow and ignite,Explosive Arrow and many more skills.

If you take that in consideration,it speaks clearly that Killing a Meta skill is NOT the way to go!

Tweaking it with creativity like Tornado shot IS the way to go.

Many people have spoken and i think they are right in that,Nerfs are made based on the 1% mirrored top tier builds.The average Joe does 50-100 000 dmg if at all,and he has to strugle to kill shaper for 10 minutes.Same time some one runs 20 shapers in 10 minutes.

This alone kills the lower end Builds!

They will never hear you, or majority of players, as long as our favourite RMTers, cough, excuse me my french, streamers, will showcase the builds dealing bazillion DPS, paid for with credit cards. In case of doubt just follow the money. Many things are cool at the beginning. Now the money runs through the RMT sites straight to tencent's pocket ... can't you see?
"
"

They die in the wastelands known as Standard. Seriously though, the items retain their affixes and the item is unchanged. If you attempt to modify/craft an item post-patch, the game should pull from the updated pool of 2H modifiers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info