Development Manifesto: Balance in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

Wow, amazing. I didn't really need any more reasons to not touch the game until 4.0, yet GGG comes and delivers even more! I can really see why you're the best in the genre.
so i see here casual gamers
- complaining about cost if items
- complaining about time needed to get some (pun intended)
- complaining about new items that will prob. be hard to get
- even complaining about empower taking too much time to level up

yet nobody can see that new items = new changes to drop them = possible 1ex to buy a build defining item.
or that if u are casual just go slow, take ur time, do SSF or whatever so u dont bother with trade. enjoy the damn game and dont try to be like all those power-uped streamers or guys who are lvl 100 when you are still doing u r act 9 quests. they just know what they are doing and don't mind spending 25 hours a day in the game. if you prepare you can also do it but 3 months leagues! you should get all you want by the end of it
Welp guess im going from 50-100 death to 100-150 deaths per campaign. They're really doing their best to kill this game for people who physical disabilities limiting their skill when playing :(. I've played 5k hours and never gotten to red maps because of my limitations. I've never once complained about this but this new patch is a straight up "fuck you" to players like me! WTG GGG
I'll try lancing steel berserker (or blade flurry, if it won't be touched). Let's see the buffs. You have to adapt, evolve, try new things. It would be boring playing the same build league after league. With the new support gems - i think - the "nerfed" skills won't be as bad, as you think now. Without rebalancing the existing skills, the new supports would be too OP. What is the fun, just push the same builds forever? Or just try the buffed molten strike, with jugg. Boss league... it is a bosskiller build. Check them on youtube, it is already good and tanky. If it get a significant buff, it will just OP.
"
The "Can have multiple crafted modifiers" mod has been changed, now granting "Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers". Multi-mod crafting an item was proving too powerful for too low a cost compared with rolling an item of relative power. We'll be keeping an eye on the modifier to see if further changes are required.

Since "Can have multiple crafted modifiers" itself is a crafted modifier, does this mean the "Can have up to 3 crafted modifiers" really means I'm only able to apply 2 other crafted modifiers.
--If so, are you reducing the crafting cost to 1 ex to compensate for this? 2 ex to craft an additional modifier on my weapon instead of not multi-modding, even in SSF, is unreasonable and a waste of currency.

I like the focus on enhancing the bosses in the game but the divide between bossing and mapping builds will be even greater than before.

Making the enemy's armor stat more impactful on the player's DPS is nice, but it forces physical damage builds to use impale as it is effectively full physical resistance penetration.
"
Welp guess im going from 50-100 death to 100-150 deaths per campaign. They're really doing their best to kill this game for people who physical disabilities limiting their skill when playing :(. I've played 5k hours and never gotten to red maps because of my limitations. I've never once complained about this but this new patch is a straight up "fuck you" to players like me! WTG GGG

So they need nerf all content??? just for very small group people who somehow cant achieve endgame content?? Are you serious??
What sucks is that you decided to completely get rid of cyclone from the game. First you do a cyclone nerf to “bring 2 h cyclone weapons closer to 1h weapons with huge range”, and now you figured that you gonna nerf 2h cyclone weapons.

The only weapons for cyclone (not CoC cyclone) that are somehow viable are elder 2h rates that we make into 7-links, Starforge and Voidforge. Starforge and Voidforge are going to be way more rare due to Elder/Shaper event rarity, and rare elder 2H will be nearly useless without the rolled lvl 20 support. Throw a multimod nerf on top so we cannot realistically craft what we needed already that limits us further from crafting physical % on bench, and voila, you just nerfed actual cyclone even further.

Why are you doing it? Nobody outside of few melee fanatics plays those builds anyways.
Persistence makes impossible possible, possible likely and likely definite. Yep, Mirror will drop eventually -_-
I don't understand hype everything nerfed, why don't they balance the game, let everyone play what they like afterwards, why is there always something much better and something much worse?
I'm playing this game 4 years.. And i find changes in last leagues really strange.
Early, each league have a lot of difference solid builds with different mechanics - and players can always find something good for own playstyle. And it was great - we have huge skill-tree with a lot of different gems, and players always can try something interesting. In party always was different people with different skills.
But in last leagues you buffs left us only 1-2 playable builds and "kill" all other. This league was Zombie-league, Legion was Cyclone-league, Betrayal was WinterOrb-league, and so on. Do you understand what happen if only one build work and all other are broken?
=> nobody want play game with no chances to "win"
=> all want to get 36/40 challenges and kill Shaper/Elder/etc
=> all try to play this one-meta-op-build
=> items for this op-build are overpriced
=> to get them players should farm maps hard or try to trade all time (and yes, it's no more as fun from play, it looks like work to get money)
=> but you, GGG, still can't create normal trade-place INSIDE you game and we use alt-tab (ye, as 15 years ago in browser-games) to buy items
=> or we try to sell loot and get a lot of pm's, but we can't answer... and you know why we can't answer? because you, GGG, create more and more situations in game, when we can't just set portal and go in ho to trade (labyrinth, delve, zana-missions with "no die"-mode, monolit-zones or synthes-locations with timer, etc)
=> and players need more and more time to trade.. and such trade, you know, it looks like work too, not like fun from play...
=> and so on, and so on, and so on...
=> and finally, many days later, when i got good items, i'm ready for blight-maps... and we got 6 summoners (oh, so strange, all playing summoners) in one party and... yes, lags..lags..freezes..game-crash! perfectly!

==>> i'm sure, that 80% of POE-players can't play this game 24/7. we should go school, studying, working, take time for family. i think, people play games to get fun and relax after long work day. but if i need first invest 100-200 hours only to get good end-game items and only than can play for fun, i can do it or.. i find other game to play. GGG, understand please, that you shouldnt focus on 5% of players who live in game - they always run trough acts to fast, they always go in delve to deep, kill main-boss after several days, etc. GGG, focus please on main part of players, that play 2-4 hours daily and want just get fun from this game. Dont write, that "Multi-mod crafting an item was proving too powerful for too low a cost..." - for multimode you need first 10-15 ex for base and craft, and for many casual players it's just impossible.
And please, GGG, make MORE builds playable and EQUALLY powerful.
And please, GGG, don't forget about performance/optimisation - it's still your main-problem.
And please, GGG, TEST your changes BEFORE league!
More balanced bulbs, optimisation, testing before release - please!!!

I like POE, really like. As i already told, i play this game 4 years. But i feel myself some tired from this "trading-work" during first ~2 weeks of each new league to get 20-30 ex for meta-build-items. Sure, i'll try Metamorph. But in March 2020 we get "Mount & Blade II" and i'm afraid, that my after-work-relax will be no more in POE.
Looks like i can delete my necro...

Spectre nerf.
Zombies nerf.
Feeding frenzy nerf.
No buffs.

I can be wrong but "balance" for me is deleting one thing and adding other thing not deleting few things. Seems that nerfomancer is useless after patch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info