Development Manifesto: Balance in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

"
TheTrueNoob wrote:
Nerf all you want, will find a way to break game one way or another.
Challenge is fun. Making all content trivial is fun too. For multimod, done extact 1 when dropped base with multimod, plz drop price to 1 ex if you take number of mods.

3ex should be fair according to tencent's logic. Fair is fair.
"
Lightdark99 wrote:
Nerfpocalypse, they nerfed pretty much every playable build :D what am I gonna play, no idea lol

That's the point. New content shouldn't have you going in with a pre-determined build before patch notes are even out yet, let alone the new content up for playing. Try something new, look at some pre-mades to find one or to get an idea of what you want to try out this time around. Or just go in blind, pick up a gem or two along the way and see what happens!

That's one part of the PoE fun - trying something new!
"
Because everyone will get the plus gems to max level ... just like everyone makes it to level 100 right ??? Nice logic there mate. Maybe look up all the information before making wild assumptions about ballance

Just like the sheer number of empowers that are leveled to max level? They'll end up being 1.5-2ex each if you don't want to level them don't worry, someone will find a reliable way to do so. Sure it will probably be 60% more xp to do so then empower, but plenty of people will do it for the ex. I will be keeping them in off sockets to level them all league.
"
Firelight101 wrote:
everyone getting really pissed about the nerfs to darn near everything and buffs to mobs, jesus ladies and gents you just got advanced skill gems that have increased the power of EVERY BUILD. FOr crying out loud, they have to buff things to keep things stable with regards to those. ANYTHING that gets buffed this league will be even bigger due to those. Multimodding nerfed? great how about the EX that gives certain mods playing into this. Lets make sure we keep things in the holistic mindset of the game is making a metric shift towards specialization of items, including currency mods between fossils and spec exs. Things change, Adapt.

As if those plus gems are not going to to be super rare and cost multiple exalts? All I am seeing is power is there, but goalpost is moved further and further each league. How do they and you expect a normal working guy that plays a bit after work and a bit more on weekends to grind all that shit out? Maybe we are simply not wanted here after all.
"
DarkenX wrote:
"
Lightdark99 wrote:
Nerfpocalypse, they nerfed pretty much every playable build :D what am I gonna play, no idea lol

That's the point. New content shouldn't have you going in with a pre-determined build before patch notes are even out yet, let alone the new content up for playing. Try something new, look at some pre-mades to find one or to get an idea of what you want to try out this time around. Or just go in blind, pick up a gem or two along the way and see what happens!

That's one part of the PoE fun - trying something new!

Why cannot we have both options? Play what you know from before or play something new - whatever it is, why is it not OUR choice? Why the fuck must be explore something "new" each league when maybe I am not done exploring a build from last league? When new strong and rest is fucked into the ground we get this metashit each league.
+
Last edited by LoloJolo on Dec 10, 2019, 4:53:35 PM
-
Last edited by LoloJolo on Dec 10, 2019, 4:53:20 PM
"
Bosscannon wrote:
"
Firelight101 wrote:
everyone getting really pissed about the nerfs to darn near everything and buffs to mobs, jesus ladies and gents you just got advanced skill gems that have increased the power of EVERY BUILD. FOr crying out loud, they have to buff things to keep things stable with regards to those. ANYTHING that gets buffed this league will be even bigger due to those. Multimodding nerfed? great how about the EX that gives certain mods playing into this. Lets make sure we keep things in the holistic mindset of the game is making a metric shift towards specialization of items, including currency mods between fossils and spec exs. Things change, Adapt.

As if those plus gems are not going to to be super rare and cost multiple exalts? All I am seeing is power is there, but goalpost is moved further and further each league. How do they and you expect a normal working guy that plays a bit after work and a bit more on weekends to grind all that shit out? Maybe we are simply not wanted here after all.

Gems plus will cost maybe an ex? But hey, leagues last 3 months. Maybe we are wanted, but not just for 15 days.
"
Bosscannon wrote:
"
Firelight101 wrote:

Gems plus will cost maybe an ex? But hey, leagues last 3 months. Maybe we are wanted, but not just for 15 days.

and an fyi, i'm not intimidated by the time cost to it, i've played every league, start to finish since this game came out, and average 50-60 hours a week as a restaurant manager, and workout 5 days a week. I swear to you if people want to get there they will, it takes effort sure.
Hyped!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info