Moment of silence for people who died in volcanic eruption on New Zealand’s Whakaari/White Island

"
Nithryok wrote:
"
KalAthar wrote:
It's too bad, hopefully they got everyone else out in time and it's not a running total.

One of my biggest irrational fears is one of the big Calderas going up in my lifetime. Well, maybe not irrational but there's nothing you can really do, so no point in dwelling on it :P I'm nowhere near Taupo but close enough to Yellowstone for it to suck lol.

If yellowstone erupts ever, it would be a, global catastrophic event

Some even say that Yellowstone has the potential to erase humanity. So who knows...
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
Nithryok wrote:
"
KalAthar wrote:
It's too bad, hopefully they got everyone else out in time and it's not a running total.

One of my biggest irrational fears is one of the big Calderas going up in my lifetime. Well, maybe not irrational but there's nothing you can really do, so no point in dwelling on it :P I'm nowhere near Taupo but close enough to Yellowstone for it to suck lol.

If yellowstone erupts ever, it would be a, global catastrophic event

Some even say that Yellowstone has the potential to erase humanity. So who knows...

That is a bit overrated to be honest, one volcano to erase entire humanity. I am finding hard to believe this in 2020 =/.
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
"
Farystar wrote:
That is a bit overrated to be honest, one volcano to erase entire humanity. I am finding hard to believe this in 2020 =/.

It's not that hard to believe actually, considering the size of that damn thing. The initial eruption would be devastating, especially for the USA, but the aftereffects of the eruption would be much worse, causing DRASTIC climate changes, likely leading to food shortage very quickly. Sure, it's somewhat exaggerated, but not all that much really.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
Farystar wrote:

It's not that hard to believe actually, considering the size of that damn thing. The initial eruption would be devastating, especially for the USA, but the aftereffects of the eruption would be much worse, causing DRASTIC climate changes, likely leading to food shortage very quickly. Sure, it's somewhat exaggerated, but not all that much really.

Scary stuff...i hope some wierd amazing technology could prevent such things in the future for active volcanos. To help release the energy in smaller segments, that have no major effects on people.
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

Scientists and park safety officers are always reminded now and then, of what they are on about when they measure volcanic activity and issue warnings.

They don't have a choice; it's their job. We laypersons do - after a fashion.

--Hold government officials and media to a high standard of assessing, reporting, and gauging natural disaster risks to the public. Stop voting for assholes who want to do away with funds for earthquake, volcano, flood, and weather system detection. Or who conveniently forget to publicize recent threat elevation so as not to interrupt the flow of tourist dollars.

--Listen to what they have to say! Pay attention in science class, educate yourself on your country's common risks and warning systems. If you don't know what to do when the national weather service raises a tornado warning or tsunami alert or volcanic air alert, then ASK.

--Think hard about what's going to happen to you and your family if you happen to live in an earthquake zone, under an active volcano, on a tsunami coast, or in a floodplain. Have a plan that's not totally reliant on someone coming magically in by flying carpet to rescue you from your rooftop.

--Accept that as mortals we will get cacked by something whether it's a volcano or lung cancer or a bullet. Our job is to minimize those risks where we can, and where we can't, see to it that our own risk does not magnify that to others.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"

New Zealand has such an amazing nature and landscapes, but when such things happen it is very sad =/.

Rest in piece and hopefully such things can be prevented in the future.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2019/dec/09/new-zealand-volcano-tourists-injured-and-missing-after-eruption-on-white-island-live

"
Five people have been confirmed killed, a figure that is expected to rise, after a volcanic eruption on New Zealand’s Whakaari/White Island.

Police have said that they believe there are no survivors left on the island after reconnaissance flights showed “no signs of life had been seen at any point”.

The military will deploy drones at first light to assess the situation on the ground.

As many as 50 people were thought to have been stranded on the island after the eruption, based on the latest info.

"
xMustard wrote:
"
Farystar wrote:
You people have no feelings or compassion towards life. Very sad =/. Typical millennials with no care in the world , what is happening around the world as long as you all live in a perfect bubble .

i do have feelings and compassion towards life. lots actually. but why discriminate towards these 5 people rather than the other thousands that have died in other places in other ways and como hacer un curriculum vitae??
this was more my point. tons of people die every day, no idea why people will put up a facebook filter for something like this. i guess the difference is this was in the news so its more relevant in some illogical way

I am aware of that, but many people from Exilcon also visited lots of such similar places and some may return and have to be aware, since POE is made in New Zealand and is it based upon mythological and historical and nature facts representing the game is sure relevant.

Last edited by Farystar on Dec 9, 2019, 5:13:59 PM
Last bumped on Dec 16, 2019, 6:32:05 AM

Good news ;).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info