[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

^^ Neat maths, seems more like a nerf to clearing speeds and area, but with some extra cast speed rolls who knows. Soul Mantle still feels like a must get tho
what about playing with dying sun for clear speed?
"
yangounet wrote:
what about playing with dying sun for clear speed?

You're probably gonna want a Dying Sun for either Ice Spear or Creeping Frost swap anyway. We did lose 2 projectiles but that's about it. The DPS is pretty much the same (1-5% damage buff overall), but at higher gem level and with more added sources of damage, we might see a bigger damage %.

We also might get a free aura too with the new support gem. This would allow hybrid Watcher's Eyes which is a massive damage increase. But we can't use Supreme Ego anymore, not that it really matter.

10m Sirus DPS with 5 totems is realistically reachable, and even if we end up with lower, the Average Hit per totem is now way higher, so we will have an way easier time to freeze bosses. If the buff is decent, we might be able to get 12-15m DPS.

I just hope Creeping Frost is getting buffed too, as I don't really like Ice Spear.
Last edited by loloppe on Jan 25, 2022, 12:41:52 PM
Wallach what do you think about Divine ire totems instead of freezing pulse? It has good clear and single target + the dmg got buffed as well.

I guess a big downside is not being able to freeze target though?

Last edited by auc_martin on Jan 25, 2022, 5:44:11 PM
"
auc_martin wrote:
Wallach what do you think about Divine ire totems instead of freezing pulse? It has good clear and single target + the dmg got buffed as well.

I guess a big downside is not being able to freeze target though?

Divine ire is pretty great unless you are fighting against teleport heavy bosses, I enjoyed it alot until I had to Sirus and maven with it and they kept constantly teleporting out of the beams and charge ups making it really tiring and long for no reason. Shaper in the uber elder fight also has a similar issue. Overall the clear is slower than FP, alot less safe (no freeze no blinds) than FP, needs better totem placement than FP (if its not on boss the wind up is long) but the DPS is higher provided they land.
If anyone sees anything new in the patch notes we missed, post it, otherwise, the only thing I saw was a confirm of:

The following Unique Jewels can no longer be obtained: First Snow, Frozen Trail, Growing Agony, Overwhelming Odds, Rapid Expansion, Steel Spirit, Weight of the Empire, and Winter Burial.

Edit: Atziri's Reflection is no longer considered a Fated Unique item, and is now a rare drop from Atziri, Queen of the Vaal in The Alluring Abyss. Atziri's Mirror can no longer be acquired.

--

What I was looking out for, high end end game (if they aren't 20 mirrors), is the new jewels for an ascendancy point, the +1/quality amulet, and then the new currency to add implicit to all gear.

We'll have to wait for the data mine, but if there are "additional projectile(s)" on the gear, and we add that mod to.. 3+? pieces, then that's another way to make up to first snow, with the new currency. Otherwise, there is a ton of damage to gain in this gear power creep that we shouldn't struggle in raw damage.

I'll be league starting this build again, and it looks cool enough that I might just push to 100 instead of stopping at 98.

I look forward to the updated PoB, thoughts, streams, and week 1 videos!

Last edited by capritus on Jan 27, 2022, 5:13:41 PM
The new ringhttps://imgur.com/YE6H36g with covered in frost could be cool but it sadly competes with Virdi's for the right slot
I only play and enjoy this build in Standard SSF.
I guess the build is still viable in standard because we got existing first snow jewels and existing Soul mantles in Standard keep the mod "+1 to summoned totems".
Last edited by Mindelo on Jan 28, 2022, 7:22:52 AM
I suggest you guys in 3.17 to give a shot at Standard.

Not only you keep playing and enjoying this build as it is, but also you get to unlock the Atlas, start messing around with Atlas Passive Tree and enjoying new endgame content from day 1.

On top of that no need to do acts and releveling the other leagues mechanics like Delve, Heist, Syndicate, etc :)
Last edited by Mindelo on Jan 28, 2022, 11:13:41 AM
"
Mindelo wrote:
I suggest you guys in 3.17 to give a shot at Standard.

Not only you keep playing and enjoying this build as it is, but also you get to unlock the Atlas, start messing around with Atlas Passive Tree and enjoying new endgame content from day 1.

On top of that no need to do acts and releveling the other leagues mechanics like Delve, Heist, Syndicate, etc :)

Actually a decent piece of advice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info