[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
sic91 wrote:
So, i'm doing this build, cuz Coc it's totaly inviable to do in this starter league. but , let me ask you somenthing. Why we are putting some points in Fire Damage ? Any node convert all fire damage to Cold ? Nice build as always man.

The fire nodes are meant for Holy Flame Totem during leveling; once you switch to FP you respec out of them.
Really love this build. Story was smooth as always. I'm currently in Yellow maps, but do not feel any lack of damage.

The only thing that is really painful with this update is the price of Rain of Splinters. I understand why they deleted First Snow, but paying 30-50chaos instead feels bad.
"
Wallach wrote:
"
Tyrun_Dern wrote:
I started the league with this BUILD of yours, I'm still in ACT 3 and I'm enjoying it, but it's still too early for me to draw any conclusions.

Now, you would still recommend starting the league with this BUILD, from what I followed there was some damage reduction on the Totem, but nothing that harms in order to make it unfeasible to play with it.

What do you think?

PS.: in your last POB, you didn't update the items part the SOUL MANTLE still has the prefix of +1 Totem.

I definitely don't think the build is bricked, I'm just trying to be as transparent and objective as possible about my own error.

Since you're still in act 3, you could consider swapping over to the Siege Ballista route if you're concerned about it, since that build also levels through act 3 with Holy Flame Totem like this build does. That build feels a bit more like a known quantity to me right now because it essentially did not change in this patch. I know exactly where it stands, and it is a strong build in SC trade league.

If you're much more interested in playing spell totem rather than ballistas, I'd say just stick with it. The issues I'm concerned about are more along the lines of how much gear is going to be needed to make the steps from yellows to reds to pinnacle content, not whether the build works or not on a basic level.

Wallach, have you thought about messaging your contact at GGG to see 8f they intended for the build to receive an unwarranted 20% nerf? Maybe they got their calculations wrong too? They stated the nerfs to totems should be a roughly neutral position given the buffs to FP, but it seems they got this way off?

Dont really want the build to die, and it feels like it kind of has now with these latest nerfs. I know you said it can clear maps ok, but so can alot of builds, it feels like totems will now really struggle with pinnacle content.
Last edited by IcedInferno007 on Feb 7, 2022, 10:50:02 AM
As I play little (work, family, etc), I arrived at ATLAS a short time ago.
I'm still Tier ~6, and it's pretty easy to clear maps and kill bosses, although my gems are still low level and my equipment is precarious.

So far I'm not sorry, I'm summoning 5 totem, 5 link's in Soul Mantle...
I thought I would have a lot of problems until now but I was (positively) surprised by the build.
I'm starting to farm to buy the correct equipment and go to the end game.

If you want to see how my build is, my profile is open. I accept suggestions and criticisms.

Grateful
What is the best way to obtain a 6-linked Soul Mantle with the correct sockets?

- I have a 5 socket Soul Mantle with the off-colors, but I'm unsure if using Fusings is wise.

- I think I will buy an already 6-linked and then recoloring it using Harvest crafts or Vorici, but the price is quite high (2-3ex)

- Is there any other method which is reliable?
Last edited by HeKaMe on Feb 8, 2022, 12:00:10 PM
"
HeKaMe wrote:

- I have a 5 socket Soul Mantle with the off-colors, but I'm unsure if using Fusings is wise.

- I think I will buy an already 6-linked and then recoloring it using Harvest crafts or Vorici, but the price is quite high (2-3ex)

This league with the way prices are, buying a 6-link Soul Mantle directly will definitely be the cheapest route. 2ex for a 6-link is pretty cheap in a world where Tainted Fusings no longer exist; you'll almost certainly spend more than 2ex of fusings trying to manually 6-link it yourself.

As far as the colors, Harvest is definitely the way to go there. In general I'd recommend folks try to get the Harvest atlas skill tree nodes very early, probably the first nodes after you finish your main map wheel nodes. This will allow you to stockpile the socket color crafts while you reroll an ilvl 68 medium totem cluster with all the reforge crafts to try and hit your Sleepless Sentries cluster.
I like this build and game it many league, but read for nerf in this league and start ballista burning arrow, cant game - want spell tootem. Now start from your build. Thx you for build.

P.S. Sorry for bad english.
"
Wallach wrote:
"
HeKaMe wrote:

This league with the way prices are, buying a 6-link Soul Mantle directly will definitely be the cheapest route. 2ex for a 6-link is pretty cheap in a world where Tainted Fusings no longer exist; you'll almost certainly spend more than 2ex of fusings trying to manually 6-link it yourself.

As far as the colors, Harvest is definitely the way to go there. In general I'd recommend folks try to get the Harvest atlas skill tree nodes very early, probably the first nodes after you finish your main map wheel nodes. This will allow you to stockpile the socket color crafts while you reroll an ilvl 68 medium totem cluster with all the reforge crafts to try and hit your Sleepless Sentries cluster.

Thank you for your tips. Bought my 6-Link, colored it with harvest, got my Sleepless Sentries/Ancestral Echo Cluster Jewel with harvest and I'm really happy with the build. Currently doing mainly Tier16 maps and it works really well.
I wanted to ask if there is something bugged with your build, because when I go to your profile and look at your current character I only see a few items. It really helps to see what gear you are running to determine my next upgrade :)
He most likely sold some of his fp totem gear to help fund his Siege ballistas.
"
He most likely sold some of his fp totem gear to help fund his Siege ballistas.

Yeah, that's all it is. I sold a few of the unique pieces I could replace fairly easily if needed so I could further kickstart my SB character.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info