[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Since i'm in SFF i don't have a cluster jewel for cold damage yet but i have one for spell damage (large) and crit (medium). Any recommendations what best to roll on them, i now have:

on the spell damage: (5 points)
Ancestral Inspiration
(cold res, elem res, mana on minors)

and on the crit: (3 points)
Eye of the Storm
Quick getaway
(crit chance + crit multi on the minor)

i feel the crit one is ok and hard to improve but i thank i can improve the spell damage one but was wondering if you people have recomendation on what to aim for (Ancestral inspriration is nice but i think i should just get Arcane surge from a curse/debuf)
So, although stupidly expensive, it is possible to bring back the sort-of former glory to this build.

Uul-Netol's Vow Unset Amulet is quite beneficial for our build and when combined with +1 skill wands it can add up to around 40-50% raw tooltip DPS.

So what I did here was put the Empower Level 4 into my chest, making it Level 5 which gives +4 levels to Freezing Pulse which is already Level 23 thanks to the +1 soul mantle, +1 Awakened Cold Damage gem and the gem being level 21 corrupted.
The multi-totems was then put into the amulet.
In reality I would put the Crit-multi gem in the amulet and keep the multi-totem in the chest however it would require vast sums of chrome or tainted chrome orbs and could brick my character if unsuccessful.

Before I had the amulet I had Pandemoneous and my tooltip DPS was around 216k (only Hatred, no golem or totem buffs). With the amulet I now have 289k which is around 35% raw increase.
Pandemoneous only gave around 6k tooltip DPS when removing it.

The hope is to be able to upgrade my wands to have +1 gem mods but there are so few available and to be fair none equal or greater than my wands in terms of the cast speed, crit mod and spell/cold damage mods. However if willing to loose some Spell damage or crit chance then there would be benefits. Not sure how much damage boost a +1 mod gives in contrast to less crit chance & spell damage.

Anyone who has done that comparison, if you could share the findings that would really help.

A double mod Watcher's Eye, by adding the 15% damage pen would be a 0 tooltip increase but the effectiveness of the damage dealt would be greater.

3 mod large cluster jewel can be used however there is strength issue I need to resolve so having that 4th mod to provide strength would be beneficial as it frees up a mod on the boots.

Overall the only issue now is survivability which is a common issue for this build. Tight spaces and over-populated areas is near impossible to survive I have found however killing enemies seems to no longer be an issue.

Only content not completed this league is the Ravaged Blighted Maps, Flawless Breachstones and the Uber Timeless Emblems (i.e. the Scourge Uber content) as I can not for the life of me obtain them and I wish not to buy them due to the stupid cost and high possibility of not being able to complete them.

Considering it took me nearly 2 months to get the Uul-Netol's Vow Unset Amulet farming Elder, Shaper, Uber Elder & Sirus, doubt I will be able to get anything more expensive than that again. Bear in mind I would only play a few hours per day on average 4 days/week.

Lastly I do not believe Mageblood belt will help at all, the low life status is very good for survivability and really having ignite immunity, crit flask and movement speed flask are the only ones beneficial and considering how quickly we kill things, flasks are up nearly 100% of the time anyway.

Anyone else found any other new items which may enhance this build?
Last edited by Mentalmike on Dec 17, 2021, 7:42:31 AM
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Seems Sniper's mark isn't being activated by Hextouch and is not being "greyed" out so can be manually cast even though linked with Hextouch.
Curse/hex versus Curse/mark maybe?

It's a mark. Not a curse or hex.
Spoiler
"
Mentalmike wrote:
So, although stupidly expensive, it is possible to bring back the sort-of former glory to this build.

Uul-Netol's Vow Unset Amulet is quite beneficial for our build and when combined with +1 skill wands it can add up to around 40-50% raw tooltip DPS.

So what I did here was put the Empower Level 4 into my chest, making it Level 5 which gives +4 levels to Freezing Pulse which is already Level 23 thanks to the +1 soul mantle, +1 Awakened Cold Damage gem and the gem being level 21 corrupted.
The multi-totems was then put into the amulet.
In reality I would put the Crit-multi gem in the amulet and keep the multi-totem in the chest however it would require vast sums of chrome or tainted chrome orbs and could brick my character if unsuccessful.

Before I had the amulet I had Pandemoneous and my tooltip DPS was around 216k (only Hatred, no golem or totem buffs). With the amulet I now have 289k which is around 35% raw increase.
Pandemoneous only gave around 6k tooltip DPS when removing it.

The hope is to be able to upgrade my wands to have +1 gem mods but there are so few available and to be fair none equal or greater than my wands in terms of the cast speed, crit mod and spell/cold damage mods. However if willing to loose some Spell damage or crit chance then there would be benefits. Not sure how much damage boost a +1 mod gives in contrast to less crit chance & spell damage.

Anyone who has done that comparison, if you could share the findings that would really help.

A double mod Watcher's Eye, by adding the 15% damage pen would be a 0 tooltip increase but the effectiveness of the damage dealt would be greater.

3 mod large cluster jewel can be used however there is strength issue I need to resolve so having that 4th mod to provide strength would be beneficial as it frees up a mod on the boots.

Overall the only issue now is survivability which is a common issue for this build. Tight spaces and over-populated areas is near impossible to survive I have found however killing enemies seems to no longer be an issue.

Only content not completed this league is the Ravaged Blighted Maps, Flawless Breachstones and the Uber Timeless Emblems (i.e. the Scourge Uber content) as I can not for the life of me obtain them and I wish not to buy them due to the stupid cost and high possibility of not being able to complete them.

Considering it took me nearly 2 months to get the Uul-Netol's Vow Unset Amulet farming Elder, Shaper, Uber Elder & Sirus, doubt I will be able to get anything more expensive than that again. Bear in mind I would only play a few hours per day on average 4 days/week.

Lastly I do not believe Mageblood belt will help at all, the low life status is very good for survivability and really having ignite immunity, crit flask and movement speed flask are the only ones beneficial and considering how quickly we kill things, flasks are up nearly 100% of the time anyway.

Anyone else found any other new items which may enhance this build?

Arcane Surge?
You have an unlinked Awakened Lightning in your Weapon 1. Slap a Arcane Surge in there and link it. Automatic 10%+ damage.

https://pastebin.com/Q1De8EuV

What are my next steps? Any small improvements? Cheap fixes?
Still messing with the second First Snow.
Last edited by chrischoi on Dec 18, 2021, 7:06:53 PM
I was trying to follow this guide and I checked the DPS by importing my own character and also imported my skill trees and items on another window into the original build. However, the configuration is the same but the DPS is so different from 2m to 4m. I just can't get how. Can anyone help me out?

Both builds are assumed at level 100
Here's my build: https://pastebin.com/Uv3zeyqs
And the imported build: https://pastebin.com/q5bxi4Nb
"
SaD1esS wrote:
I was trying to follow this guide and I checked the DPS by importing my own character and also imported my skill trees and items on another window into the original build. However, the configuration is the same but the DPS is so different from 2m to 4m. I just can't get how. Can anyone help me out?

I don't know why but the second PoB considers that the enemy is always Chilled even without the check in the Configuration window "Is the enemy Chilled?"

"
pipo2 wrote:
"
SaD1esS wrote:

I don't know why but the second PoB considers that the enemy is always Chilled even without the check in the Configuration window "Is the enemy Chilled?"

I just checked and it seems like it is what you had said. That's kind of weird.
Anyone need a Brutal Restraint?

4894 20% increased Evasion Rating
You gain Onslaught for 8 seconds on Kill
20% increased Projectile Damage
5% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge on Kill
4% increased Maximum Life
5% increased Global Accuracy Rating

1404 20% increased Evasion Rating
You gain Onslaught for 8 seconds on Kill
5% chance to Blind Enemies on Hit
20% increased Evasion Rating
25% increased Critical Strike Chance

7217 Gain 5% Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage
5% increased Movement Speed
10% increased Effect of Non-Damaging Ailments

5882 20% increased Evasion Rating
20% increased Elemental Damage
20 to Dexterity

4189 5% increased Movement Speed
20% increased Elemental Damage
20% chance to Avoid being Stunned
8% increased effect of Non-Curse Auras from your skills
5% increased Attack and Cast Speed
20% chance to Avoid being Stunned

4480 25% chance to gain Alchemist's Genius when you use a Flask
20% increased Evasion Rating
20% to Cold Resistance
10% increased Duration of Elemental Ailments on Enemies

1301 20 to Dexterity
20% to Cold Resistance
10% increased Flask Charged gained
5% chance to Blind Enemies on Hit

881 4% increased Maximum Life
5% increased Dexterity
5% increased Global Accuracy Rating

2068 20% increased Projectile Damage
10% increased Flask Charges gained
Gain 5% Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage

5747 You gain Onslaught for 8 seconds on Kill
15% Minion Speed
10% increased Duration of Elemental Ailments on Enemies
Anyone have a search set for good wands?
I have a version of your older build in standard that still utilizes an Atziri's Reflection, a corrupted Soul Mantle with "+1 to socketed gems", and I still use Empower in the chest instead of multiple totems.

I have what I need to farm lab to get the right enchant on a Veridi's Veil and have a bunch of temples ready to chase the "+2 to socketed projectile gems" Soul Mantle.

All else being equal, would making these changes improve the experience with the build or are they more budget-friendly ways to accomplish the same goal?

PS. Your guide and videos have been game changers for my POE experience. Thank you for all of the hard work and thought you put into these

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info