[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
pvgoddijn wrote:
Thanks for the clarification of Righteous fire.

Unrelated i found a jewel with 10% reduced effect of curses on you, would it be worth it to run that jewel, kizkazu & grutkul so i could unspec the Resistance and ailments wheel? since i would be at 100% reduced that way

I'm not an expert, so correct me if I'm wrong.

10% Jewel.
60% Kikazaru Ring

= 70%.

Not Gruthkul.

But would be Yugul upgraded @ 20%.

Would bring you to 90%. Did I miss 10% somewhere?

You give up 40% effect of curses on you for 4 passive points.
You'd have to give up a minimum of 2-3 to socket the jewel without giving up one you already have. So you might gain 1 usable point that would take place of giving up another jewel.
6% - Curse and Chaos
6% - Curse and Chaos
18% - Asylum
20% - Ailment Mastery

Basically you would short yourself 10% reduced effect on you + damage.

"
pipo2 wrote:

From the wiki: "Cast when Damage Taken cannot support skills with a higher player level requirement than that of Cast when Damage Taken itself. Note that this restriction only applies to active skills; any level of other support gems may be used".

Maybe your Vaal Righteous Fire was triggered by Cast When Damage Taken and you dont want that. You only use the Vaal part of the skill for the +% more Spell Damage and mostly for bosses of tough mobs(situational).

Looking at your character your Vaal RF should be lvl 19 or 20 to not be supported by your CWDT lvl 17.

Checking out your build.

If your ring curses Frostbite on hit, isn't it redundant to keep the skill gem?
Did something change?

Does it utilize your gem and what level it is?
Is the ring lvl 1?

What triggers the hit? Didn't think Totems triggered it. Is it from Flame Dash? Frostbomb? Cold Snap? What skills are self-cast?

Reason for not leveling Arcane Surge, Phase Run, Sniper's Mark higher?
Mana cost for Arcane Surge?

Last edited by chrischoi on Dec 13, 2021, 9:00:01 PM
"
chrischoi wrote:

Checking out your build.

Did something change?

R: Yes its redundant for maps. I'm too lazy to spam Frostbite on maps (and mobs die too quickly) so i use that ring to auto-curse enemies. For bosses i generally swap that ring for a Chaos Res one and selfcast Frostbite for the curse and the Arcane Surge buff.

TLDR: QoL

"
Is the ring lvl 1?

R: No, it doesn't utilize my lvl 24 gem, the ring uses a lvl 1 with 20% increased effect.

"
What triggers the hit? Didn't think Totems triggered it. Is it from Flame Dash? Frostbomb? Cold Snap? What skills are self-cast?

R: With that ring the curse on-hit is triggered by the attack of the totems.

My selfcast skills are the Totems (Freezing Pulse or Ice Spear), my Frostbite (helmet), Frostbomb (boots), Flame Dash(wand), Sniper Mark (wand), Phase Run (gloves), summon Lightning golem(wand) and Hatred.

The automatic skills are the Cold Snap and Steelskin (both with the magic of the CWDT gem) and the on-hit Frostbite (lvl 1 + 20%)

"

R: I maintain Arcane Surge in that lvl for the cost to trigger the buff (345 Mana in my case so that are 3 selfcast Frostbite)

My Phase Run and Sniper's Mark are that lvl because i dont have enough Dex. I could change the gloves for a rare one with dex but i love the blight-plant buffs (the zoom zoom ones) and the extra annoint.

Yes, i prefer some QoL over full Min-Max
"

I'm not an expert, so correct me if I'm wrong.

10% Jewel.
60% Kikazaru Ring

= 70%.

I need to learn better to read...
(i was hoping to use a cluster jewel to socket it but i didnt have any success rolling it anyway (on SSF)

Spoiler
"
pipo2 wrote:
"
chrischoi wrote:

Checking out your build.

Did something change?

R: Yes its redundant for maps. I'm too lazy to spam Frostbite on maps (and mobs die too quickly) so i use that ring to auto-curse enemies. For bosses i generally swap that ring for a Chaos Res one and selfcast Frostbite for the curse and the Arcane Surge buff.

TLDR: QoL

"
Is the ring lvl 1?

R: No, it doesn't utilize my lvl 24 gem, the ring uses a lvl 1 with 20% increased effect.

"

R: With that ring the curse on-hit is triggered by the attack of the totems.

My selfcast skills are the Totems (Freezing Pulse or Ice Spear), my Frostbite (helmet), Frostbomb (boots), Flame Dash(wand), Sniper Mark (wand), Phase Run (gloves), summon Lightning golem(wand) and Hatred.

The automatic skills are the Cold Snap and Steelskin (both with the magic of the CWDT gem) and the on-hit Frostbite (lvl 1 + 20%)

"

R: I maintain Arcane Surge in that lvl for the cost to trigger the buff (345 Mana in my case so that are 3 selfcast Frostbite)

My Phase Run and Sniper's Mark are that lvl because i dont have enough Dex. I could change the gloves for a rare one with dex but i love the blight-plant buffs (the zoom zoom ones) and the extra annoint.

Yes, i prefer some QoL over full Min-Max

I'm 100% QoL and convenience. Would prefer not to cast anything but force to cast Totems and Arcanist Brand.

How it sits currently.
https://pastebin.com/ypGgkVng

Gonna move a few gems around. Any input? I just don't feel like it's going as it should or I'm just really bad at this game. I really should play more and not spend so much time trading.

Also, how can you tell what your Brutal Restraint gives you? I tried hovering over the edge and all. I guess I'll have to recheck the nodes when I get home.
Last edited by chrischoi on Dec 14, 2021, 9:01:18 PM
Can someone please view my character Daryl_Ritual and see if i have done anything stupid please?
It is an old build and i seem to have 3 curses equipped. 2 in the helm and sniper's mark in boots.
So that straight away is stupid.
So drop ele weakness for snipers mark?
Thanks for any help.
"
chrischoi wrote:

Gonna move a few gems around. Any input? I just don't feel like it's going as it should or I'm just really bad at this game. I really should play more and not spend so much time trading.

I tried the Arcanist brand type before and didnt like it because i find it slow because there is a small delay between the brand getting attached and the cast of the abilities of the brand. I prefer selfcast Frostbomb and Frostbite (for bosses) because i can throw them from a relative safe distance and they can cover a lot of the screen. Im not a fan of Vaal RF, too many buttons to press and we already are very squishy, i dont like to lower my current HP for more DPS.

For the Freezing Pulse gems, replace Critical Strike for Critical Damage.
I would recommend you to replace the Clear Mind jewel for a First Snow one so that you have 2 of those. More projectiles flying in the screen can catch more mobs.

Equip: replace your wands with better ones and for a more expensive upgrade you can search for a +2 projectiles corrupt Soul Mantle

"

Also, how can you tell what your Brutal Restraint gives you? I tried hovering over the edge and all. I guess I'll have to recheck the nodes when I get home.

R: The bonus appears inside the text of the nodes affected by the gem. The PoB only recognize the stats of the small nodes becuase they are static. For the notables you have to put them in the Custom Modifiers section(Configration) in PoB (write them down exactly as they appears) so you can better PoB your character
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Can someone please view my character Daryl_Ritual and see if i have done anything stupid please?
It is an old build and i seem to have 3 curses equipped. 2 in the helm and sniper's mark in boots.
So that straight away is stupid.
So drop ele weakness for snipers mark?
Thanks for any help.

GGG hit with the bat the Awakened Hextech Support removing the "Supported Skills can apply an additional Curse" in Expedition League

Yes, i would drop Ele Weakness in favor of Sniper's Mark
Thanks for that
Last edited by EDMOSES on Dec 15, 2021, 8:08:05 PM
Seems Sniper's mark isn't being activated by Hextouch and is not being "greyed" out so can be manually cast even though linked with Hextouch.
Curse/hex versus Curse/mark maybe?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info