[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"

I saw somewhere, someone saying ball lightning totems would be good as electricity / shocks seemed to get a very strong set of masteries?

Just something I made up quickly: https://pastebin.com/0BciPWWt

Mostly endgame gears, but nothing too crazy/expensive to get. Worse items still reach 10-15m on Sirus easily.

This use -45% less projectile speed and 80% AoE to reach the hit cap on Ball Lightning (which is 13 according to an Excel spreadsheet? I'm not really sure if there's really a cap). It would also be possible to either anoint Adjacent Animosity, or get knockback on hit, to remove some AoE nodes or some other stuff, etc.

To calculate real DPS, grab Full DPS and multiply by 13.

Also this doesn't take into account culling, which is an extra 10% multiplier.

A good +1 totem shield would probably be even more DPS.

This currently have around 5k life, 3k mana, 2.5k ES (or 1.5k if you don't use Glorious Vanity). 2k from Steelskin. Gotta cap res on gears and maybe get some chaos res too. Overall, not bad EHP-wise.

Edit: Played with the PoB a bit, switched from Conviction of Power to Sanctuary of Thought, to get an Elegant Hubris in a better spot with some nice nodes.
Last edited by loloppe on Oct 19, 2021, 2:26:56 PM
So ball lightning totem? i just hate ball lightning totem. so slow projectile.
Last edited by Sazzbot on Oct 19, 2021, 1:09:45 PM
"
loloppe wrote:
"

I saw somewhere, someone saying ball lightning totems would be good as electricity / shocks seemed to get a very strong set of masteries?

Just something I made up quickly: https://pastebin.com/TgGc7Das

Mostly endgame gears, but nothing too crazy/expensive to get. Worse items still reach 10-15m on Sirus easily.

This use -45% less projectile speed and 80% AoE to reach the hit cap on Ball Lightning (which is 13 according to an Excel spreadsheet? I'm not really sure if there's really a cap). It would also be possible to either anoint Adjacent Animosity, or get knockback on hit, to remove some AoE nodes or some other stuff, etc.

This currently have around 5k life, 3k mana, 2.5k ES (or 1.5k if you don't use Glorious Vanity). 2k from Steelskin. Gotta cap res on gears and maybe get some chaos res too. Overall, not bad EHP-wise.

All I wanna know is, will it clear blught, legion, and breach, better than fp or arc totems lol.
Big thanks to Wallach for the long-term hard work and recent updates, favorite build and what I expect to start 3.16. My only level 100 character, hoping partial corrections to 3.15 make the league enjoyable.
"
"
loloppe wrote:
"

Just something I made up quickly: https://pastebin.com/TgGc7Das

All I wanna know is, will it clear blught, legion, and breach, better than fp or arc totems lol.

Arc lack single target, it's hard to scale above 10m. Also, in juiced maps, the clear become slow.

Freezing Pulse and Ball Lightning got a very similar clear. The main difference is that Ball Lightning take a longer time to reach the enemy, which mean they have more time to hit you. The clear is more dangerous, but speed-wise, it's pretty much the same. Also, no freeze. You place totem, they shoot Ball Lightning, you go through the enemy pack before they even die with Phase Run/Flame Dash, they die behind you.

With Freezing Pulse, you place the totem and the enemy die in front of you instantly pretty much. But you don't really save any time either way.

Ball Lightning got a way better single-target and very good clear speed, hence why I recommend it over Arc. Freezing Pulse is more fun to use, but Ball Lightning is just a better spell to scale right now.

With Freezing Pulse, you can expect something like 10m Sirus DPS with heavy investment. With Ball Lightning, 20m DPS, or 10m on budget.

Arc can't do Legion, but can do blight and breach decent. Freezing Pulse and Ball Lightning can do all, but struggle to fully clear Legion too. Also, there's almost no way that Freezing Pulse or Arc can do the new uber version of Blight, Simulacrum, Legion, etc. The damage is not there.

I updated the PoB in the old post, it's more interesting now but not really better than the old one. Just more cool.
Last edited by loloppe on Oct 19, 2021, 2:36:11 PM
Will you update this guide for 3.16?

Arc lack single target, it's hard to scale above 10m. Also, in juiced maps, the clear become slow.

Freezing Pulse and Ball Lightning got a very similar clear. The main difference is that Ball Lightning take a longer time to reach the enemy, which mean they have more time to hit you. The clear is more dangerous, but speed-wise, it's pretty much the same. Also, no freeze. You place totem, they shoot Ball Lightning, you go through the enemy pack before they even die with Phase Run/Flame Dash, they die behind you.

With Freezing Pulse, you place the totem and the enemy die in front of you instantly pretty much. But you don't really save any time either way.

Ball Lightning got a way better single-target and very good clear speed, hence why I recommend it over Arc. Freezing Pulse is more fun to use, but Ball Lightning is just a better spell to scale right now.

With Freezing Pulse, you can expect something like 10m Sirus DPS with heavy investment. With Ball Lightning, 20m DPS, or 10m on budget.

Arc can't do Legion, but can do blight and breach decent. Freezing Pulse and Ball Lightning can do all, but struggle to fully clear Legion too. Also, there's almost no way that Freezing Pulse or Arc can do the new uber version of Blight, Simulacrum, Legion, etc. The damage is not there.

I updated the PoB in the old post, it's more interesting now but not really better than the old one. Just more cool.[/quote]

Thank you for the detailed response, much appreciated.
The skele mage build I'm considering starting only does about 11mn dps and that's the end game version. I'm now wondering if fp totems would be better for the freeze!

Though mages are better for RSI...
Last edited by IcedInferno007 on Oct 19, 2021, 3:38:09 PM
Just build around a bit in POB.
20 mil Freezing Pulse Sirus DPS is possible with super high investment. But i dont think its worth it, with that kind of currency you could build much better stuff.

I mean alone reaching 10 mil DPS with Freezing Pulse will be a big investment into the character and the question is if its enough for uber content. To reach that point you probably are a few weeks into the league and then its possible that the character is too weak for it.

I dint play FP Totem for a few leagues now, wtf happened to the DPS ?
Last edited by MasterLoki666 on Oct 19, 2021, 5:03:43 PM
"
MasterLoki666 wrote:
I dint play FP Totem for a few leagues now, wtf happened to the DPS ?

3.15 happened pretty much. Everything took a big damage nerf from a game-wide reduction of support gem power.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info