[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Hey No Imagination i wonder how much ehp you have with your skill tree. I'm curious because i think i have a little better gear, more lvl and less dps in ho ( 199K ) than you. I think that trees make diference ( inc jewels ).

I am trying to make plans for upgrades and I am inspired by your build a bit.

Have to spend exalts - i lost equivalent of 1500 chaos when their price loss from 160 to 135 :)

Last edited by slomkacz on Apr 29, 2021, 3:18:05 AM
7,018 eHP, says ms calc. Once upgrades get too expensive, I'll be able to improve life a bit (quality on ring, some master crafts, some rolls).

I'm down to 236k dps by the way, from taking 2nd cluster node - couldn't be bothered to wait until it was more efficient. Only having one medium in there makes it a bit crap for now.

Also, I'm not convinced you have better gear, though if you have 50ex to spend I imagine you will do soon!
Last edited by NoImagination on Apr 29, 2021, 3:26:08 AM
How well does this build handle ultimatum?
I'm doing T16s fine, though there are definitely some mods that can still kill me. You can do yellow ultimatums just fine without much investment (say, 25c), but to do T16s you'll need to spend more.

You need a source of phasing, which isn't in OP yet.
Last edited by NoImagination on Apr 29, 2021, 3:59:04 AM
I just bought 3 mod large cluster jewel but I lose 4k of my ho dps ^^ - are you using disorienting display ?

I think that i have to drop clear mind and change it for something better.
I rolled Brutal Restraint that gives me 6k more ho dps than clear mind. Maybe that is the solving.

You can see my jewels through the character screen - but yes. Cluster jewels will often give you benefits that don't show up in hideout DPS. It's been my experience that Brutal Restraint is worse than the best possible alternatives, but is worthwhile until you're looking for really top end gear.
"
Quintessence wrote:
How well does this build handle ultimatum?

"
Mentalmike wrote:
Ultimatums are the real problem. Almost always die. No idea how to survive them. Lack of damage will be the main factor.

I find that POE has a strange balance of damage versus survivability. Investing a lot in surviving with HP and layers of defence is a good strategy. However, I find that while this keeps us alive most of the time, there are still a number of attacks and skills that punch right through our defence. The solution of "get good" when it comes to dodging telegraphed attacks is hard to swallow, and the game makes deaths quite infuriating.

The way I like to handle this is to lean a little more to offense. Instead of investing to get 4k HP, 2.5 mana and layers of defence, I prefer to have stronger and more rapidly firing totems to keep things safe. Mobs that are dead and shattered from being frozen are the best kind that you want to fight. Stronger ones need to be frozen, blind, and quickly dispatched of.

Here's a typical run with my more damage-oriented build. I have linked it to start at the Ultimatum encounter so it shows how much less dodging is needed when enemies are quickly removed from the arena.

While some might feel uncomfortable to run at less than 3.1k HP, you can see that my HP rarely dips during the entire run. I know my low mana pool doesn't support our mega-MOM well enough (at 3.1k HP, a 2k-mana pool is the bare minimum to satisfy Mana's 40% component) since it is rarely full given our expensive-to-cast totems. To ease this, I'm running a Watcher's Eye to have 20% damage taken recouped as mana. Balancing resistances also means that Wise Oak reduces all incoming elemental damage by 10%, which has kept me alive from lots of mis-plays.

This safety extends to bossing. Maven barely gets to use her skills before she phases. Sirus doesn't attack during his last phase because he urgently feels the need to transit into his spinning beams. Most bosses have HP thresholds like these that make them ironically safer for us since they move into a next stage and become more predictable.

For even more safety, I am considering swapping Elemental Weakness on the double Hex setup to Temporal Chains or Enfeeble. However, this is hardly useful since most mobs (even on 8-mod corrupted maps) die in a single hit from Elemental Weakness + Frostbite.

If you're dying too often on Ultimatums, instead of trying to get even more life or defenses, try to stack a bit more damage and see if things work better for you.

(PS: You can see what I mean by carpeting the arena with Cold Snaps in the video. My Frenzy charges are always topped off because of mobs dying, and they feed into the cooldown reduction of more Cold Snaps. The icing on the cake is how each Frenzy charge gives us 4% MORE damage, and 4% increased cast speed.)
Last edited by limevan on Apr 29, 2021, 6:09:34 AM
"
Mentoya wrote:
Yea, I just can't get harvest garden to pop that much and have that option even come up... Anyway, t's okay. I decided to just go without hypothermia and instead I went with (blue) Increased Critical Strikes. I know that others said that they used it last league and loved it...., so we'll see... this way I can just use 2 Greens, 3 Blue's and 1 Red, which I had no problem getting...

Just checking but are you using the 1 green craft? It is of course much cheaper, and seems to work pretty well, although obviously your luck will vary :)
I used it successfully twice now. I have one 6 socket Soul Mantle with the correct colors but its not linked you could have, if you want to try your luck linking it instead of getting the right colors on an already linked one.

Hit me up if you want it.
Last edited by Baldrick on Apr 29, 2021, 10:41:20 AM
Hello guys, right now im playing with Elemental hit totem, but i feel my damage and defence is a little low... Im thinking to change to this build. what are the most notable difference? and is worth the change? i have like 10-15 exa.
"
NoImagination wrote:
I'm doing T16s fine, though there are definitely some mods that can still kill me. You can do yellow ultimatums just fine without much investment (say, 25c), but to do T16s you'll need to spend more.

You need a source of phasing, which isn't in OP yet.

Why do you keep your phase run level 12?. I put it in left click, and walk with it, it ok?
Last edited by yissus on Apr 29, 2021, 11:41:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info