[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Nocstar wrote:
Hey Noimagination
How are you having 100k dps in ho>?
how are you calculating
I have 6l cowards hatred and pain attunement but im only at 38k.
Sure my wands are shit but i left those for last could that be it?

Hey - I pulled up the guy saying he's doing 100k dps on PoB and he's talking PoB DPS, not in game tooltip. Your PoB DPS is 188k - so you're doing a lot more damage than that guy, don't worry.
"
Struzor wrote:
Hey - I pulled up the guy saying he's doing 100k dps on PoB and he's talking PoB DPS, not in game tooltip. Your PoB DPS is 188k - so you're doing a lot more damage than that guy, don't worry.

You pulled up the guy wrong.

Is there a reason to go the Medium/Small cluster route? Every time I plug it in to PoB, I lose a tiny bit of dps, but lose even more crit chance/multi and a bit of life.
The only thing I can see it gaining is the 20% Duration/Effect of Non-Damaging Ailments?

The added shock doesn't seem to increase the dps more than losing the Doom Cast wheel?

Chill effectiveness does raise from 60 to 90%, and freeze chance drops from 76% to 70% with clusters.

My PoB https://pastebin.com/YJZQ1KX3
Last edited by durew on Apr 21, 2021, 10:07:45 AM
I assume you're going large cluster in any case? I think the curse jewel is much stronger than the ailments jewel, but it's entirely in utility rather than dps.

My small cluster at the moment is 2 dex, 16% mana, 6% life and 13 chaos resist for 2 passive points. That's ok, but not amazing, particularly as I have more mana than needed. I can definitely see it being worth getting a good cobalt there instead.

Another plan would be to go for as much life as possible there and 4 points into it instead of 3. Perhaps when we're a few more days into the league I'd think about this, but DPS for ultimatums has got me thinking now...

Later on, when your crit chance is high (cobalts perhaps?) you can anoint Doom Cast instead, so we aren't losing as much as you may think in the late game.

Edit: what am I doing even, you've persuaded me. No small cluster jewel for now. Watch out 'pulled up the guy' guy, 125k hideout DPS now.
Last edited by NoImagination on Apr 21, 2021, 10:13:14 AM
How's your survivability in T14+ Ultimatums? I checked out your PoB, You are 1k less life than I have and quite a lot less crit, but a lot more effective dps.

76k hideout tooltip right now, no Pandemonius, 1h sceptre/shield.

Edit, was going to mention, I've been surviving full waves of T16 ultimatums a bit more consistently now, mainly by focusing on using Sniper's Mark as much as possible and trying to aim it so it spreads over the whole circle, it really tears it up
Last edited by durew on Apr 21, 2021, 10:24:47 AM
You need about 7k eHP in a normal league, perhaps a little more in ultimatum, though note Wallach takes more than that and he's played this build more than me. But the key to them is to kill everything quickly.

I also use stone golem, phase run, vaal cold snap and vaal grace. Cast the totems in an open area, run to the other side of the area, cast totems in an open area, pop flasks a lot, run around a lot, phase as often as you can (cold snap frenzy charges feed it).

I can do most mod T16 ultimatums, but not all yet. II'm pretty sure we can reach ~400k hideout DPS this league, so there's plenty more DPS improvement to come.

Edit: I believe sniper's mark can only hit one target at a time
Last edited by NoImagination on Apr 21, 2021, 10:36:33 AM
"
NoImagination wrote:
You pulled up the guy wrong.

My bad man. No idea what I was looking at.

I guess I'm a little shocked as I don't know how people are getting such crazy DPS. I realize I need 6L (working on it) and I won't be able to afford Veil etc. any time soon.

Would you mind taking a look at my PoB for some tips? This is my first league. I'm in red maps now and my DPS feels low.

Here's my PoB: https://pastebin.com/Vp4jAKEL
Last edited by Struzor on Apr 21, 2021, 10:46:17 AM
"
Struzor wrote:
My bad man. No idea what I was looking at.

I guess I'm a little shocked as I don't know how people are getting such crazy DPS. I realize I need 6L (working on it) and I won't be able to afford Veil etc. any time soon.

Would you mind taking a look at my PoB for some tips? This is my first league. I'm in red maps now and my DPS feels low.

No problem.

It's hard to get big DPS without a Veil or Reflection. But your biggest upgrade will be a 21/20 freezing pulse, then a six link. A diamond flask is an easy upgrade too.

I did FP into six link into Veil as my upgrade priority.

Once you have curse immunity from elsewhere, you can take Coward's Legacy, pain attunement, hatred, and a one-mod Watcher's Eye. Those are all big gains too.

For reference, you could get > 500k hideout DPS last league, and although there are fewer crafting methods this time round, I imagine we can get 70-80% of that.

Is there a problem with PoB or is it just mine that is bugged? Ran a build similar to this last league and it worked alright but my PoB damage decreased when adding the Veil, Coward's Legacy and pain attunement (haven't added Hatred yet but went from 202k shaper DPS to 178k). According to my PoB replacing the Vermillion ring with a Kikazaru gives me over 30k DPS more....
where is your guide to fire totems? I was doing it, I stopped at level 45, there’s no turning back, I lost the fire guide o.O, I don’t think so.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info