[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Thanks for the detailed guide (Especially for Leveling)
There are no up-to-date and such detailed guides in the RU segment.
You have to use a translator, but everything is very clear.
The only thing I did not see was the section "pros and cons of the build", we usually indicate this, is it not accepted here?
"
ozmog wrote:
Hey, was wondering what to improve next. I tried warold slamming 15 pairs of gloves which had +hits to chilled enemies, but none hit culling strike so I guess I will just buy them finished. Apart from the gloves, boots with +inc effect of ailments, bottled faith and lvl 6 woke gems is there something else that I am missing that can boost my dps?

Once you're critting almost all the time, you can switch Flash Freeze anoint to Doom Cast, or to Whisper of Doom.

Awakened hextouch lets you double curse without the Whispers anoint, which is a huge DPS boost for bosses etc.

You can get corrupted belts. Hatred mod is the most DPS I think, though cast or crit during flask is pretty big too. You can also get corrupted jewels, e.g. with crit chance on. On the subject of jewels, you can get much better DPS jewels than Clear Mind, which lets you take Precision aura - a few more DPS, but more importantly, another mod in the Watcher's Eye pool.

You can get a 3rd DPS flask instead of a 2nd Quicksilver, even without Bottled Faith.

Both of your wands are good, but if you're at the point you can spend 30ex+ on a chest, you can probably find upgrades here too.

Triple notable large cluster jewels are possible. I'd also look into changing the tree - if you take a life small cluster jewel, you can more easily skip the life starting nodes and take either the damage route, or the int route and skip those inefficient starting ndoes.

"
ozmog wrote:
Also is there a setting in PoB that can make me Hexproof. If I set myself being affected by Enfeeble in the Configuration tab my dps goes down

Edit an item to include the Atziri's Reflection curse immunity mod.

"
On a sidenote I think corrupted blood implicit was kind of a waste on a totem build.

I found I was being affected often enough that switching off the flask was a problem.

"
was wondering for a while, any thoughts on swapping freeze pulse to ice spear/glacial cascade? of course, swapping the two freeze pulse threshold jewels into dps crit multi jewels.

I've never tried any totem builds so I have no info about those. I think FP totems is just so much faster, but the others might do more damage?

It comes up quite often in this thread, but nobody seems to stick with it for long. I don't see why it wouldn't work, but seems to me that we want the clear speed too much. Single target DPS isn't a problem eventually either.

"
slomkacz wrote:
Can anyone put a gameplay with full delirium maps?
Is it works with totems?

It works fine in 100% delirium T19 maps, but you'll die relatively often as the mobs can hit so hard. I was dying once every couple of maps when I ran a lot of them in Harvest league. I'm better at playing this style now, but I imagine it's still not hugely safe.

Lower tier delirium maps are trivial with enough investment.

"
EDMOSES wrote:
Me again and sorry for being a pain in asking basic stuff.

I'm building up a decent bank, over 11ex now, and was wondering what i should spend it on.

Asking stuff is what this thread is for!

You can upgrade flasks - Wise Oak gives you some defence too, while Atziri's Promise is cheap DPS. A silver or diamond flask is fine too. I think it's best to run three DPS flasks - the aim is to kill things rather than take hits, and it sounds like it might be awkward for you to quickly use flasks in defence anyway.

Personally, I'd drop the trigger mod from your wand. You only have six weapon DPS slots, so it's best to use them all if possible. Cold Snap can go onto a CWDT. You can trigger BOTH frost shield and steelskin from the same CWDT, as the former is not a guard skill.

You could get a 2nd medium cluster jewel. I suggest a curse one, as you already have awakened hextouch. You could then add a small life cluster after, they're pretty efficient if you get a 3 node or a great 2 node one. I would drop the Elemental Focus nodes in order to find the passive points.

Next you can get spell damage on the gloves too, though perhaps there will be budget problems there - your gear is mostly good. Perhaps getting dex on them works best, and you can swap the Legion jewel to the DPS one you'd lose with a life small cluster.

"
Thanks for the detailed guide (Especially for Leveling)
There are no up-to-date and such detailed guides in the RU segment.
You have to use a translator, but everything is very clear.
The only thing I did not see was the section "pros and cons of the build", we usually indicate this, is it not accepted here?

I'm not sure there ARE any cons to this build now that Viridi's Veil exists. Perhaps the only one is playstyle - I imagine it annoys some people that you have to cast the totem then wait a little bit for it to fire.

We can do no regen and elemental reflect maps, but both are a bit annoying. We can't tank huge hits - it's probably not viable in hardcore.

Otherwise, we can do all content relatively cheaply, and we can scale a long way upwards to the point that all content is trivial. That part gets expensive of course.

I think the Veil was the reason this build got something of a nerf at the start of the season. But it's still basically as strong as ever, but much cheaper now.
Last edited by NoImagination on Feb 22, 2021, 10:57:28 AM
How much cost Soul Mantle +2 proj gems 1st-2nd week of the league?
Pretty similar to now if I remember correctly - 20 to 30ex, 6 linked.
Last edited by NoImagination on Feb 22, 2021, 3:59:49 PM
I kinda want to try this build, but it seems rather complicated X.x It looks fun though!
Want to play a beginner friendly, highly expandable and reliable build? Try WreckerOfDays' ! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288 -- My Hideout -> https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/2881

guys, this +2 wand worth to use? im thinking to remove cast speed and add multiplier... in prefix worth flat cold to spells or cold dmg%?
Hi, If I'm planning to make an influenced Helmet, which enchant should I go for? Cast Speed or Projectile Speed?

Currently still planning around in PoB but it seems weird that a double Elevated Helmet with Reflection gives pretty much the same total dps (unflasked) that i do now unless I also had a GG 3-mod WE with Zealotry and Hatred.

Not sure what's wrong with my pob
Current: https://pastebin.com/Wj4i9tQJ
Theorycraft: https://pastebin.com/BnvJ5Quj
Last edited by the_overmind92 on Feb 23, 2021, 1:42:44 AM
"
Hi, If I'm planning to make an influenced Helmet, which enchant should I go for? Cast Speed or Projectile Speed?

You want about 100 total projectile speed, so it depends what other sources you have.

"
MrDudu wrote:

guys, this +2 wand worth to use? im thinking to remove cast speed and add multiplier... in prefix worth flat cold to spells or cold dmg%?

For me, cast speed is worth about 2.5x per point what crit multi is. That makes cast speed much better as it caps at 25% while crit multi caps at 38%. At the top end, I'd rather just drop trigger.

You should test this in path of building though, as it can vary depending on what other gear you have.
Last edited by NoImagination on Feb 23, 2021, 1:56:59 AM
How did you level that one to 100? Just curious, because the build feels not too safe for me. Don't get me wrong it is not squishy and totem playstyle and freeze are good defenses.

But you really have to watch your step while playing the build. When I'm not paying attention to everything 100% I die here and there.
Probably best to watch Wallach's stream. I did 98 to 99 in regular maps, then most of 99 to 100 in Legion 5-ways. For regular maps, the basic idea is to cast a totem pair ahead of you, then when you reach the pair, cast another. 8k eHP is enough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info